True Blood - Season 5 - Casting

G

Graybrew1

I think it was a step too far, plus the whole storyline about them was not very well done.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
And now Alan Ball has stepped down as showrunner, so it should be interesting to see what happens with the series from now on.

Highlander

GateFans Cadet
Mytho=Mythological in nature
Xenomorph = Undefined structure or being
Ist = A la Race*ist*

(whole thing just fell flat now)

In other words, if you can have vampires, werewolves, spirits, Voudoin, Majick etc, whats so wrong with poor Faeries??

RFLMAO

So True! touche'
:icon_clap:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Time to bring the Replicators into the show...

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, the shapeshifters, witches and fairies were part of the novels. It's Alan Ball who has taken their part in the story to such wild heights.

Hell, Tara was only a peripheral character in the novels, and she was portrayed as being a particularly flighty and lightweight type of person. Lafayette was dead by the opening page of the second novel (or damned close to it). We only saw him as a dead body in Andy's car there. His death led to the discovery of the Wild Woman wandering alone the forest (and who got a much weirder storyline in the tv show, "reimagined" as Marianne, and gaining an entirely new cast of characters and background situation). Jessica NEVER happened in the novels.

We certainly didn't have all the drama with the Authority in the novels.

For me, it's just gotten to be too much. I watch it because it's gotten to be habit, but I only rarely actually enjoy something that occurs in it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
First the Borg, then the Replicators. :rules:

Oh okay. Borg first then replicators. Have an episode where Sookie is assimilated by the Borg, gets killed and then replaced by a Replicator block creation (Repli-Sookie)..

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
G

Graybrew1

I am so glad Sookie got her head out of her butt and decided to be with Alcide. He is more of a catch than the other two put together in my book.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I am so glad Sookie got her head out of her butt and decided to be with Alcide. He is more of a catch than the other two put together in my book.

I agree but let's be honest, you know in the end they're going to put her back with Bill.