Total Recall - 2012 FULL Official Trailer

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Did they keep the element where at the end you're left unsure if any of it really happened?

For a moment, yes. But in the end, no. It was final. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Pity. That was one of the best elements of the film, that it lined up so closely to his Recall package and that they never clearly tell you that what happened was real.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Pity. That was one of the best elements of the film, that it lined up so closely to his Recall package and that they never clearly tell you that what happened was real.

You have to see it to find out. :) This Total Recall makes the original look sorta cheesy, even though it is still an all-time favorite.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Got that. Plus it has Kate Beckinsale in it doing something very unusual for her - playing a villain.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Got that. Plus it has Kate Beckinsale in it doing something very unusual for her - playing a villain.

She is one of the coolest, most badass female villians I have ever seen played on film. She put Sharon Stone to shame. Really she did.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Not surprising that Beckinsale did that well. She has her heroic characters like Selene to draw on as well as her excellent portrayal of Carrie Stetko in Whiteout.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
So the flying cars didn't drag down this movie? :cool:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
watch and decide for yourself! but me and OM1 didnt think so and we are pretty picky "eaters" now arnt we?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I finally got around to see this, and I fully agree with everything said by Omni and OM1 in this thread. It was a great movie with excellent casting choices, and to be honest I'm actually happy that preformed below expectations at the box office, because that means that we probably won't see a pointless sequel just for the sake of making more money.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I finally got around to see this, and I fully agree with everything said by Omni and OM1 in this thread. It was a great movie with excellent casting choices, and to be honest I'm actually happy that preformed below expectations at the box office, because that means that we probably won't see a pointless sequel just for the sake of making more money.

I went in with a smirk on my face, EXPECTING for it to be a fail. I was going to write scathing vitriol about it but then....WOW. It was great! Maybe this same attitude made the fans of the original reject it? Casting Colin Farrell was NOT a fatal blow! Sure, you could have plugged a variety of actors in that role, and Farrell was as good or better than some. But the overall movie was awesome to me. :) Kate did a great job as the female badass villian. It was like a roller coaster for me. Loved it.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
hear hear!

glad you enjoyed it!