Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
No Mars? Will there be a tri-breasted hooker at least? :D

All those flying cars reminded me of The Fifth Element. :P

Oh, great. I'm wanting to watch this movie less and less now. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
actually there is a quato and a cohaagen it just doenst happen on mars... and i doubt theyll try the series spinnoff with this AGAIN seeing as the first try was AWFULL!

Oh ffs! Why?!? I was so sold on this movie after seeing the full trailer and this just ruined it for me. :(

That is where my comment about the series came from. Total Recall 2070 was its name, it was a Canadian made series and was AWFUL. The Total Recall "franchise" (not really a franchise yet) is still a hot property and to maximize it they will have to make a series of movies or spin off a cable series. This is also true of the Spiderman franchise, the Batman franchise and the Terminator franchises which have all changed hands for big bucks and are waiting to cash in on them. Planet of the Apes will be a hot one. :) But back to this...I dont want to see Cohagen and Quato on earth. Quato is a mutant, and there were mutants because there were defective domes ON MARS, not earth. I will not pay to see it. :(

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yx_9uxohMTI
Huh. Looks like there will be chicks with three tits in the reboot after all. Oh well, at least the Ape can sleep more easily at night knowing this.

I'm still probably gonna wait until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray to see it though.

Bluce Ree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yx_9uxohMTI
Huh. Looks like there will be chicks with three tits in the reboot after all. Oh well, at least the Ape can sleep more easily at night knowing this.

I'm still probably gonna wait until it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray to see it though.

Three-boobed chick was on Mars, after he went through Recall. What else did they mess up from the original story aside from "no Mars"? :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Three-boobed chick was on Mars, after he went through Recall. What else did they mess up from the original story aside from "no Mars"? :(

:facepalm: Can it really be Total Recall if there is no Mars trip? How can there be three-boobed chicks on earth unless they came from Mars or from some weird genetic experiment? Why did the writers remove Mars from the story? Total Recall without Mars is like Star Trek with Kirk being a doctor at Starfleet Medical instead of Captain of the Enterprise.

But maybe they will be able to pull it off? OMG, can you imagine what moviegoing would be like if you could not see trailers and read reviews on the internet before seeing them?

Bluce Ree

:facepalm: Can it really be Total Recall if there is no Mars trip? How can there be three-boobed chicks on earth unless they came from Mars or from some weird genetic experiment? Why did the writers remove Mars from the story? Total Recall without Mars is like Star Trek with Kirk being a doctor at Starfleet Medical instead of Captain of the Enterprise.

But maybe they will be able to pull it off? OMG, can you imagine what moviegoing would be like if you could not see trailers and read reviews on the internet before seeing them?

Theaters would be filled with crickets. :(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Theaters would be filled with crickets. :(

Sometime, they REALLY have crickets! But you would be able to hear them more clearly. :) I was the ONLY PERSON in the theater last night for Prometheus. But I did go to the 10:30pm showing to avoid any crowds or unruly children. Also, I paid for the 3D ticket which is $4.00 more than the regular ticket. :)

This movie, Total Recall with Colin Farrell starring in it does not make me want to see it...but in the spirit of barney.jpg, I will reserve judgement until I see the movie. :) Im not liking how it appears to be shaping up though. You cant make so many changes like that and then tack on the Total Recall name. Maybe the Total Recall PTB need to call Brad Wright for some advice on that? :highly_amused:

Bluce Ree

Sometime, they REALLY have crickets! But you would be able to hear them more clearly. :) I was the ONLY PERSON in the theater last night for Prometheus. But I did go to the 10:30pm showing to avoid any crowds or unruly children. Also, I paid for the 3D ticket which is $4.00 more than the regular ticket. :)

This movie, Total Recall with Colin Farrell starring in it does not make me want to see it...but in the spirit of View attachment 7281, I will reserve judgement until I see the movie. :) Im not liking how it appears to be shaping up though. You cant make so many changes like that and then tack on the Total Recall name. Maybe the Total Recall PTB need to call Brad Wright for some advice on that? :highly_amused:

:laughing::icon_rotflmao::crying-028::smiley-laughing024:

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Unless I see spectacular reviews, I think I'm going to wait for this one to pop up on cable or Netflix.

Peace and rainbows to all!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Unless I see spectacular reviews, I think I'm going to wait for this one to pop up on cable or Netflix.

Peace and rainbows to all!

Im with you on that...not impressed enough to pay the bucks to see it. :) Looks like a great CGI orgy though!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
Im with you on that...not impressed enough to pay the bucks to see it. :) Looks like a great CGI orgy though!

I'm sure it will be. It is the removal of the Mars storyline that disappoints me though. One of the mindbenders in the original is that the program at Rekall was called "Blue Skies on Mars". I would think that with the more modern CGI that they have these days that this would be one thing that they could improve on the original. The trailers that I saw had flying cars like in The Fifth Element. Maybe they should just reimagine that movie instead... :smiley-white-flag:

Not being negative of course...

images.jpg

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
caught this on saturday and tbh it wasnt bad really, the productuion values where quite neat and the acting wasnt uberbad dont get me wrong it doesnt have the "umpf" the original had back in the day, tho in comparisen the original could be considered slightly corny, but yeah not a bad movie and its scifi with some cool visual so id recomend anyone who hasnt seen it to do so if you are hungry for something/anything sci fi.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I was DEAD WRONG about this movie. It is definitely worth seeing, and I have already watched it TWICE and going for more! I will be doing a rewatch with OMNI for this movie, and I strongly recommend any of you who have doubts that this movie could outdo or equal the original to watch it. It really is that good. From the story, to the CGI to the casting to the action to the premise, the thing is totally entertaining. And as you all know, I am a hard one to please sometimes!

I went in with my eyes already in pre-roll. But from the beginning subtexts and images before the movie started, to the very end, it was a wild ride AND a good story. Believe me when I tell you, it works without Mars. It works without Arnold Schwarzenegger. It works without Bennie and the Pyramid Mines. Yet, it is through and through Total Recall. It even has our EXTRA busty female in it :) There are many nods to the original movie, but not too many and not the cheesy parts. They are perfectly sprinkled throughout the movie.

Im practically gushing over this flick. Please see it for yourself!

:smiley_joy::beckett_new049::beckett_new049:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'm sure it will be. It is the removal of the Mars storyline that disappoints me though. One of the mindbenders in the original is that the program at Rekall was called "Blue Skies on Mars". I would think that with the more modern CGI that they have these days that this would be one thing that they could improve on the original. The trailers that I saw had flying cars like in The Fifth Element. Maybe they should just reimagine that movie instead... :smiley-white-flag:

Not being negative of course...

View attachment 7285

You will change your mind after seeing this movie. Trust me.

G

Graybrew1

As a full blooded heterosexual female, I will still say this. They did a much better job with the three boobied hooker in this one. :tickled_pink:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
As a full blooded heterosexual female, I will still say this. They did a much better job with the three boobied hooker in this one. :tickled_pink:

They looked more natural, but the thing is HOW would she exist in this Total Recall? My only sticking point. The rest was awesome!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Did they keep the element where at the end you're left unsure if any of it really happened?