Threats of violence

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Sooooooooo, we were the ones making threats of violence eh????
Check out this from GW on the " how you will react when SGU ends" thread:

Shai Hulud:
icon1.gif
Re: How will you react when SGU ends?

I'll be buying myself a high powered rifle and taking up an elevated position outside of the MGM studios.​

Yeah, we're the ones making threats.
Could someone screencap this one for later use please, I don't have the required stuff to do it on this pc. Cheers

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes you do.

Sooooooooo, we were the ones making threats of violence eh????
Check out this from GW on the " how you will react when SGU ends" thread:

Shai Hulud:
icon1.gif
Re: How will you react when SGU ends?
I'll be buying myself a high powered rifle and taking up an elevated position outside of the MGM studios.​
Yeah, we're the ones making threats.
Could someone screencap this one for later use please, I don't have the required stuff to do it on this pc. Cheers

If you are using a computer, you do have the tools already built in. There are built in tools in Apple, Windows and Linux, all versions. Tell me what you are using and I will print instructions on this thread. A link would help!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ask and ye shall recieve.....

there was one mod snip there because someone insulted other fans...but this one has stayed thus far:
screenshot99.jpg

I have already noticed the squeedrones wanting a "proper ending" good luck on that ********.... hope the season/series finale is even worse than EATG! :P:P

edit: now that we've posted that screenshot here...how long before a mod snips it on GW? but babes...screenshots live forever! ;)

This hypocrisy is just like when sg1 ended and all the gw fanboys were calling syfy douchebags and hoping horrible things on them. But don't go calling tptb liars! THEY DESERVE YOUR RESPECT OMG!

I find it hysterical that all the sgu fanboys in that thread are now downplaying the end of sgu like it's no big deal. Oh so the show was a big enough deal for you guys to be ******** to everyone who didn't like it but now you're pretending like you've risen above. Whatever, you fair weather dicks.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
That's a quote that needs to be brought to MGM's attention, actually, along with an IP address.

People can do some really stupid things.

A Nonny Mouse

GateFans Noob
So Darren said

I wish this went without saying, but apparently I need to make an explicit point of it. Threats of violence against other members of our community, including the moderators, or against any cast or crew or their family members, or any other real-life person, is strictly forbidden on the forum.

This includes public posts, private messages, profile visitor messages, social group messages, reputation comments, e-mail sent through the forum software, or any other part of the forum.

This includes both real threats and comments made in jest. It includes both explicit threats and veiled threats.

GateWorld has a zero tolerance policy for threats of violence. Those who make threats of physical violence against another will be banned immediately and irrevocably. If we feel the offending member deserves a warning he or she will be placed under strict moderation and given a single warning prior to banning on the second offense.

But the standard practice will be an immediate ban without notice or chance of appeal.

So why hasn't this Shai Hud person been banned instantly?

Oh, silly me, of course, it's because he's an SGU fan. Not an SGA fan. Makes all the difference. Darren is a bloody hypocrite.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
And so it continues, the neverending double-standards story of GW, this time on the "Syfy screwing Hulu Viewers" thread:

By Meshakhad:

I think the obvious solution is for the military advisor and the stunt doubles to launch an attack on SyFy headquarters, kill the current execs, and take their places.
----------------------

Right, it's "us haters" with the violent streak..........

Actually, my real problem with this post is that they reference a "military advisor", What ******* military advisor? :rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
your wish is my command.....

And so it continues, the neverending double-standards story of GW, this time on the "Syfy screwing Hulu Viewers" thread:

By Meshakhad:

I think the obvious solution is for the military advisor and the stunt doubles to launch an attack on SyFy headquarters, kill the current execs, and take their places.
----------------------

Right, it's "us haters" with the violent streak..........

Actually, my real problem with this post is that they reference a "military advisor", What ******* military advisor? :rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao:

you need to post a reply citing that ...in gw approved words of course! ;)

here is the screenshot:
screenshot101.jpg

more of the double standard at GW.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Just because I love you, you old goat

you need to post a reply citing that ...in gw approved words of course! ;)

here is the screenshot:
screenshot101.jpg

more of the double standard at GW.

I am about to post this, screencap guys if you want cause I doubt I will be welcome anymore after this
The Thread is: "Why are the Gateworld rules selective?" in the SGU folder:

OK, at this point I really don't care if I get modded, banned or whatever.(actually I do care, but some things are worth falling on your sword for) Gateworld supposedly has a policy against threats of violence to people yet of late at least 2 really nasty posts have remained unmodded and unaltered. Normally I would report such a post and be done with it, but as I know for FACT that not only the mods have had a chance to view these posts, but the site owner himself as well and have done NOTHING about them, I can only conclude that there are "different strokes for different folks"
The posts in question are:
"I'll be buying myself a high powered rifle and taking up an elevated position outside of the MGM studios."
By Shai Hulud on the "How will you react when SGU is cancelled" Thread
'Cause ya know, thats never happened in the US, and it's worth a good laugh :(
Then there are then follow on posts by a number of posters either discussing the post or variations on the theme. None of them altered, modded or whatever.
The next one is another Gem from the "Syfy screwing Hulu users" thread:
"I think the obvious solution is for the military advisor and the stunt doubles to launch an attack on SyFy headquarters, kill the current execs, and take their places."
From Meshakhad
Very PG15 and Friendly, totally in line with the "threats of violence" directive from Darren :(
Mods, I honestly expect this post to last for exactly 5 minutes, and I understand if you want to ban me for "not coming to the mods with my concerns" but in all honesty, going to the mods fails. I won't pretend to know why that is so, but it is. Is it the "protected Fans" of whatever show?, The posters with a "long history and post count?", I don't know and by this point, I don't really care, You guys make the rules, not me or any other poster, I just wish they were applied evenly to all.
I'm guessing this is Goodbye Gateworld, I'm not happy about it because this can be such a truly great site to visit and discuss Sci/fi, but I cannot in good concience abide by the rules (or implementation) in thier current form.
With All due respect and apreciation

Gatefan1976

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Your thread is still there and up to 2 pages so far with some gw members actually defending the threats of violence - crazy fuckers.
View attachment 1469

What complete plonkers some people are! we are the haters (apparently) yet we dont threaten people with anything.

Good post Gatefan alas i think banning you would not go over well with other posters. my guess you will get a slap on the wrist pm and put on moderation for a bit. they wouldnt want to turn you into a hero over it.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Actually, I'm suprised that the thread still exists and i have been able to have some decent conversations with some of the GW guys. I have to say though, my intent was never to "attack" GW or its posters, just to express my "pissed-off-ness" with the "double standards" I see everywhere in GW.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Jel was even nice to you at one point :eek:

Dude, I even "greened" him for it. See, I am dead set fucking serious about this point. I HAVE had guns waved in my face, A good mate of mine HAS been threatened with a needle full of blood from a supposed "aids victim", I find ******* nothing funny about threatening anyone with anything. I might "Have a giggle" about actual "fun stuff" ,but this kind of stuff, I have less than zero tolerance for. I may be a "Piss taking arsehole" sometimes, but with "real stuff"? Yeah, ummm, No tolerance at all.

A Nonny Mouse

GateFans Noob
To my mind it doesn't matter whether the original threats were jokes or not. Darren says quite specifically in his Threats of Violence post that "This includes both real threats and comments made in jest". The result should be the same in both instances - the instant ban of the perpetrator.

But of course I guess that only applies if you are an SGA fan. :rolleyes:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I am about to post this, screencap guys if you want cause I doubt I will be welcome anymore after this
The Thread is: "Why are the Gateworld rules selective?" in the SGU folder:

OK, at this point I really don't care if I get modded, banned or whatever.(actually I do care, but some things are worth falling on your sword for) Gateworld supposedly has a policy against threats of violence to people yet of late at least 2 really nasty posts have remained unmodded and unaltered. Normally I would report such a post and be done with it, but as I know for FACT that not only the mods have had a chance to view these posts, but the site owner himself as well and have done NOTHING about them, I can only conclude that there are "different strokes for different folks"
The posts in question are:
"I'll be buying myself a high powered rifle and taking up an elevated position outside of the MGM studios."
By Shai Hulud on the "How will you react when SGU is cancelled" Thread
'Cause ya know, thats never happened in the US, and it's worth a good laugh :(
Then there are then follow on posts by a number of posters either discussing the post or variations on the theme. None of them altered, modded or whatever.
The next one is another Gem from the "Syfy screwing Hulu users" thread:
"I think the obvious solution is for the military advisor and the stunt doubles to launch an attack on SyFy headquarters, kill the current execs, and take their places."
From Meshakhad
Very PG15 and Friendly, totally in line with the "threats of violence" directive from Darren :(
Mods, I honestly expect this post to last for exactly 5 minutes, and I understand if you want to ban me for "not coming to the mods with my concerns" but in all honesty, going to the mods fails. I won't pretend to know why that is so, but it is. Is it the "protected Fans" of whatever show?, The posters with a "long history and post count?", I don't know and by this point, I don't really care, You guys make the rules, not me or any other poster, I just wish they were applied evenly to all.
I'm guessing this is Goodbye Gateworld, I'm not happy about it because this can be such a truly great site to visit and discuss Sci/fi, but I cannot in good concience abide by the rules (or implementation) in thier current form.
With All due respect and apreciation

Gatefan1976

WAIT!!! you called me an "old goat"!!! that phrase usually refers to a man! :rolleyes:

great post too bad the thread is gone.

as to the other threats of violence they are finally gone and skydiver has put up a post in the thread saying don't do them even in jest. our highlighting their hypocrisy finally got some traction! :D

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Is the thread still up, do you have a link to it?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
WAIT!!! you called me an "old goat"!!! that phrase usually refers to a man! :rolleyes:

great post too bad the thread is gone.

as to the other threats of violence they are finally gone and skydiver has put up a post in the thread saying don't do them even in jest. our highlighting their hypocrisy finally got some traction! :D

Too bad, I'm probabaly banned for life and honestly, I couldn't care less :(

Edit: I'm not banned and the thread does still exist, it's just been moved and locked. I got a PM from Sky saying she would take no action against me and she was quite nice about the whole thing. I just wish it didn't take something that really upsets me to prove a point :(

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Gatefan, be careful that the thugs don't bait you into being banned over at the ratings thread on GayteWorld! They are certainly trying right now. :(

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Gatefan, be careful that the thugs don't bait you into being banned over at the ratings thread on GayteWorld! They are certainly trying right now. :(

BAHAA!!

Good luck to them :tealc_new049:

Realist

GateFans Noob

Personally I think Gateworld loses all credibility by the fact they mod every new user that signs up. You can't even post a comment without a mod having to approve. It's a clear sign of a website that's going to lose many of its visitors the moment SGU is cancelled.

Anyway I noticed that people are unfair towards this site, kinda funny in some ways that they're desperate enough to shift the blame over the fact no one likes the show.

Don't get me wrong just Gateworld, sorry Gayteworld and the PTB, more like the DTB(Douches that be) have no real proof besides hearsay and if someone did make a post implying what they said, 1 persons mad dellusions.

You only have to view the forum as a guest to see its pretty much a SGA/SG1 uncensored fans haven. Lol