Thor: The Dark World. Reviews are mixed.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Maybe in the next movie she'll accidentally step in front of Thor just as he is throwing Mjolinir.....

:lol:

We can hope, but it's as likely as finding Mary Magdaline nailed to the cross instead.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Or in the next film they will recast her and there will be actual chemistry, and Thor and Jane finally embrace....and she turns into Loki!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Or in the next film they will recast her and there will be actual chemistry, and Thor and Jane finally embrace....and she turns into Loki!

Wouldn't be the first time either Loki or Thor got a bit of transgender action :lol:

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Well, he IS Sleipnir's mother, after all, as I recall...

JaffaKree!

GateFans Member
I think we're talking about two different things (at least) here.

I know jack about the Marvel Thor, his life and times, so I know nothing about Jane either or the movie version's suitability for the hero.
I was mostly chiming in on *why* Natalie Portman. She's pretty. BAM!

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I think we're talking about two different things (at least) here.

I know jack about the Marvel Thor, his life and times, so I know nothing about Jane either or the movie version's suitability for the hero.
I was mostly chiming in on *why* Natalie Portman. She's pretty. BAM!
The other day, Portman jokingly claimed that the only reason she was cast in the part as "Jane" is that she's so little, she makes the Asgardians look even taller.

Yes, I laughed.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
You know, don't watch this movie when up all night and sick - it makes the flaws ever more apparent.

For example, the plot is nonsensical. Thor and Loki play well off of each other but Natalie Portman is embarrassingly bad as Jane. In fact, is there a plot?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You know, don't watch this movie when up all night and sick - it makes the flaws ever more apparent.

For example, the plot is nonsensical. Thor and Loki play well off of each other but Natalie Portman is embarrassingly bad as Jane. In fact, is there a plot?
Portman was horrible in both the Avengers and in Thor TDW.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually she has stunk up the screen in every single movie I have seen her in (both Thor's, the prequels, V for Vendetta). That she gets roles is a mystery.

Picture a remake of Thelma and Louise starring Portman and Megan Fox - theater screens would implode from the cosmic force of the truly bad acting that would be on display.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
All I'm seeing are tits. Tits, tits and more tits, sigh... :moody:

I really don't get fascination with breasts. YES, they look nice, but I am unlikely to be attracted to a woman with huge breasts unless she has a nice round butt and curves to go with them. AND they must be real, or it's a dealbreaker. Many of my buddies seem to go gaga over huge (fake) breasted, skinny, flat butt shapeless blondes. No thanks! Ill take a nice C-cup natural breasted woman with a nice round butt and a little bit of hips. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Where? And why am I not seeing these "tits" on this forum?

Please, I've already had to use a gallon of eye bleach. I don't think I can take anymore sweater meat -- unless of course we're talkin' these kinds of sweater hams:

roflbot.jpg