"Thor" Great Addition to the Marvel Movie Universe

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Saw a special preview tonight. Branagh and Hemsworth were there afterward. Great fun!

I'll post my review/article in the morning on the main page.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Another great job Illiterati!

Such a good review! You've got a way with words. Definitely got me thinking about seeing the movie now.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
Just saw Thor last night, and it was 10/10 terrific! Maybe a minor quibble with the ending, but other than that it was pure action fun. Loved how they did the Bifrost bridge, and especially the Warriors Three & Sif!

Definitely kept the Marvel comics feel, and the minor changes in plot didn't hurt it at all. Loki was great too! :D

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
i saw this "thing" a few days back and OMG Awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful movie imo it sucked monkey balls and you couldnt pay me 100million to see it again
just horrible.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
i saw this "thing" a few days back and OMG Awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful movie imo it sucked monkey balls and you couldnt pay me 100million to see it again
just horrible.
Wow, really? What did you hate about it? The actors, plot, ?? Or just everything?

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Wow, really? What did you hate about it? The actors, plot, ?? Or just everything?

i think ill have to go with everyting really there was nothing i could stand cept for maybe the occasional beuty shot of Asgard and i do tend to like good CG regardless of the movie quality.

i could go in depth of all the things i hated later but im not really up for it now but i did truly hate this movie.

Terran77

Captain Tightpants
i think ill have to go with everyting really there was nothing i could stand cept for maybe the occasional beuty shot of Asgard and i do tend to like good CG regardless of the movie quality.

i could go in depth of all the things i hated later but im not really up for it now but i did truly hate this movie.
Sorry man. :(

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Just saw Thor last night, and it was 10/10 terrific! Maybe a minor quibble with the ending, but other than that it was pure action fun. Loved how they did the Bifrost bridge, and especially the Warriors Three & Sif Definitely kept the Marvel comics feel, and the minor changes in plot didn't hurt it at all. Loki was great too! :D
I liked how it wasn't completely a happy ending.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
Excellent movie, well written, had an actual story to it. Some of the frenzy fight scenes were hard to follow with the glasses and stuff but still it was pretty badass.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
just horrible.

Wait! Whoa! $100m? US currency?

I'll take it. Hell, I'll even suffer through another 2 hours of Battlecrap: Los Angeles for half that money and split it with you for the referral.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Wait! Whoa! $100m? US currency?

I'll take it. Hell, I'll even suffer through another 2 hours of Battlecrap: Los Angeles for half that money and split it with you for the referral.
Give me just 1 of those 100m and I'll sit with you and even fetch the popcorn & coke! :icon_lol:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Wouldn'y you prefer 100m AU dollars right now, they are worth more :D

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well I saw Thor over the weekend (EPIX had a Marvel Superheroes special I took advantage of). Overall not bad.

The plot was better than what one normally gets from these superhero flicks and actually had some depth and complexity to it. That said. the parts on Asgard and the Frost Giant planet were much better than the parts on Earth. I actually liked the reveal on Loki's true parentage and then the lengths he went to in order to try to "earn" the respect and favor of Odin. Plus it didn't hurt that the actor who played Loki did a good job in the part - Loki felt like more than a cardboard cutout villain.

In fact, most of the acting was good. Thor was decently played and Anthony Hopkins as Odin was his usual good performance self. However, Natalie Portman was terrible as Thor's potential love interest. She came across as almost disinterested in the part - kind of sleep acting as it were. It's a pity as the part could have been a good contrast to the Asgardian elements. Oh well.

For the most part it is surprisingly watchable.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
South Park skewered Portman's Thor performance last season. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im glad I searched the forums for this thread before making a new one. :) I just watched this on Amazon Prime and it was actually very good!

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I concur. The movie as a whole a good enough to overcome Natalie Portman's cringeworthy performance.