The Weeping and Wailing Thread

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
With the final season premier of sgpoo posting such dismal ratings I thought we needed a thread for commiserating (ok or gloating if we must be honest) with the puir wee squeedrones as they watch their show tank. Here is the link for GW's ratings thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76912-Season-Two-Ratings-Predictions-and-Discussion-thread/page11

and here are some select screenshots:
jelbaby gets it right .....FOR ONCE!:P
screenshot70.jpg

Beka...that means it's the worst STARGATE ep EVER!!!!!Something tells me that EvilSpaceAlien won't be around here much anymore....
screnshot71.jpg

This next guy needs to get a life and some good meds:
screenshot72.jpg

ok that is enough to start with! ;)

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

With the final season premier of sgpoo posting such dismal ratings I thought we needed a thread for commiserating (ok or gloating if we must be honest) with the puir wee squeedrones as they watch their show tank. Here is the link for GW's ratings thread: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/76912-Season-Two-Ratings-Predictions-and-Discussion-thread/page11

and here are some select screenshots:
jelbaby gets it right .....FOR ONCE!:P
screenshot70.jpg

Beka...that means it's the worst STARGATE ep EVER!!!!!Something tells me that EvilSpaceAlien won't be around here much anymore....
screnshot71.jpg

This next guy needs to get a life and some good meds:
screenshot72.jpg

ok that is enough to start with! ;)

Reality bites, reality hurts, biting hurts, bite my ass! :joy:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
More whining

Here's a few more screenshots:
Nkec3 is whining and Kek is taking the "I knew it would happen" approach:
screenshot73.jpg

MediaSavant gently gloats (good job) and the other squeedrone, Ashizuri, is whining AS USUAL (it'll probably whine about this post too :P )
screenshot74.jpg

and this from Briangate is interesting:
screenshot75.jpg

Finally when myhelix tries to spin that sga's numbers were worse here is briangate's response:
screenshot76.jpg

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Here's a few more screenshots:
Nkec3 is whining and Kek is taking the "I knew it would happen" approach:
screenshot73.jpg

MediaSavant gently gloats (good job) and the other squeedrone, Ashizuri, is whining AS USUAL (it'll probably whine about this post too :P )
screenshot74.jpg

and this from Briangate is interesting:
screenshot75.jpg

Finally when myhelix tries to spin that sga's numbers were worse here is briangate's response:
screenshot76.jpg

So when we say that season 2 will be SGU's last we get laughed at but when the Rabids say it the same thing it's correct & they knew it all along? Hypocrites me thinks.

A Nonny Mouse

GateFans Noob
Sharktopus?? :confused:

BTW it's really funny that if anyone dares to criticise the premiere, the squeedrones are STILL saying "No-one if forcing you to watch it. If you don't like it then don't watch". LOL. Guys, with ratings like those you should be BEGGING people to continue watching. :D

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

If I bite his ass he will be a weepin and a wailin :D
I might just make a new shirt for the con with the ratings numbers on it.

Dude, maybe you could get my little saying put on the back of my t-shirt "reality hurts, reality bites, biting hurts so bite my ass!" or instead I could have sucks in the place of bites so it says "reality hurts, hurting sucks, sgu sucks so suck my ass!"

What do you think?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Dude, maybe you could get my little saying put on the back of my t-shirt "reality hurts, reality bites, biting hurts so bite my ass!" or instead I could have sucks in the place of bites so it says "reality hurts, hurting sucks, sgu sucks so suck my ass!"

What do you think?

I think that might be a bit OTT for the con maybe
you two need a room? maybe a little bromance here? ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
:laughing:never heard that one before!:laughing:
Seriously Rache, you NEED to watch Red dwarf :D

Perhaps RRP would be so kind as to post a vid from dwarf with that scene.

Actually, I'll give it a go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofibNrYDjdY

Edit: dammit piggy, you beat me to it :D

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
I like this Briangate post better

View attachment 1150

christ, atlantis got bugger all promotion at the end and yet low and behold the viewers turned up to watch it!i also note the, "why dont people use there brains and watch this (sgpoo) instead of mindless stuff like ncis:la"

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Gayteworld is running a story on the ratings. I can't get it to load right. I guess it's melting down or something.

Too bad about the ratings. And after all those convention appearances for "The Hit New Show!"

:laughing:

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
post from GW
latvian_stargatefan View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Second Lieutenant --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Member SinceJul 2006 Posts260 Re: Season Two Ratings Predictions and Discussion thread I don't want to blame SyFy or anything else... Unfortunately, it's the world we're living in. Probably they would get 1.7 million who would tune in to see SGA season 7 of nex round of by-the-numbers episodes already done 5 times in Trek shows and 4 times in Stargate in the same fashion. Either it's ''aliens of the week invade the base and at the end of episode everything is normal again'' or ''teams runs into trouble off world, McKay technobabbles the way out of the problem" or guys find a world where people have one side of the face black and other white and Shep needs to teach them a lesson about racism citing US Constitution... wait, Trek TOS did that in 60s......It's a shame that HBO doesn't do sci-fi... Not really their fault since sci-fi, I guess, is a dying breed in media, surviving only in the form of independent small movies and mindless action bug-killing, Predator hunting features...At least we have season 2... Caprica is not having even that, being a better show than SGU is...... That's the way things are now. Even more conventional and more- of- the- same- old shows like "V'' struggle... I bet if they made a tv show about space marines battling giant alien bugs every week, it would be more successul....I once loved those mindless action flicks or shows like Trek or early Stargate but growing older I started to see that they don't appeal to me as they used to. I guess, by the time I reach 30, I'll have nothing to watch on tv from my genre... I still have novels, I guess... Yes, watching a show like SGA when episode ends you fell the catharsis, the great feeling that everything has ended well and with some great joke. But the thing is- the feeling doesn't last... After a movie like A Serious Man or recent British film Four Lions... or Caprica, even BSG episode you can spend at least some day or two thinking about what you saw and how that influenced you... Can you say the same about SGA? I doubt that... Unfortunately, majority of people treat tv as a thrill ride, not as a good novel...
Superiority complex much???

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Bahahaha...look at this post from Briangate to Major Davis!

I can't get on either. They have probably shut up shop already and are off to the unemployment office in the morning. :laughing:

This one made me laugh so loud I was almost coughing!

briangate100.png

:rotflmao::laughing::rotflmao::laughing: :sgusucks:

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I can't get on either. They have probably shut up shop already and are off to the unemployment office in the morning. :laughing:

I hope the brought their autograph book if you get the drift. :laughing: