The Walking Dead (PCGAME)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
been playing the first episode of this game seires for an hour or so now and its actually pretty good for a point and click.. and it is 1000000000s of times better then the tv show thats for damn sure as I am in controll and can choose my characters actions responces and personality, i kinda like it :)

check it out if you guys are intrested as its not a very resource demanding game and not to badly made.

OMNI

the game/story also shifts depending on your choices ie YOU write the story which is something i really like :)

OMNI

here is a quick vid by the pompus "cynical brit" going thru the first few minutes of the game and low and behold he likes it :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpHUldp4K8

check it out for a quick overview of the game.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
here is a quick vid by the pompus "cynical brit" going thru the first few minutes of the game and low and behold he likes it :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpHUldp4K8

check it out for a quick overview of the game.

Here is another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nks05sqchXs&feature=related

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
been playing the first episode of this game seires for an hour or so now and its actually pretty good for a point and click.. and it is 1000000000s of times better then the tv show thats for damn sure as I am in controll and can choose my characters actions responces and personality, i kinda like it :)

check it out if you guys are intrested as its not a very resource demanding game and not to badly made.

Okay, some KEY elements here:
  • This game is NOT free. It costs $24.99
  • You can download the game right after purchasing it.
  • The episodes of the game are separate purchases, and are released as time goes on. <-----Not sure about this. It might include all episodes in the "season".
  • There is no multiplayer possible with the game. This is not an MMO.
That needed to be said for anyone who might be interested in the game. :) Getting it now.

EDIT: PayPal can be used. :) I am waiting for confirmation. There were no hidden charges. When I download, I will install and play for a bit. Time for a recharge! weed.gif

OMNI

Okay, some KEY elements here:
  • This game is NOT free. It costs $24.99
  • You can download the game right after purchasing it.
  • The episodes of the game are separate purchases, and are released as time goes on. <-----Not sure about this. It might include all episodes in the "season".
  • There is no multiplayer possible with the game. This is not an MMO.
That needed to be said for anyone who might be interested in the game. :) Getting it now.

i know i never said it was free.. its cheap tho ;) and yes you buy em one after another as the episodes are released (weird marketing imo)

and its a point and click.. of course there isnt any multiplayer..
and dude that is the EXACT reason i posted the "WTF IS" video as if you watch that then youll know all you need to know in order to make your decision on wether to buy it or not. ;)

OMNI

btw be sure to activate hints and icons when you play as its a bitch trying to find stuff without the hints.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
More key points:

• Game download is 463MB
  • Dont forget to create Username (different from registration name).
  • Game has forums on the Telltale Games website for this game. :) My name there is OvermindOne.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is a truly FUN game! Its more than a game....

I am pleasantly surprised with this game! I am more than an hour and a half into it and I am currently on the farm where I have met Herschel, his wife and son Duck (better and cooler than the one in the real show), this is more than a game. Hard to describe. Like an interactive story with action elements and puzzle elements. There are full on adrenaline producing moments, cool zombie kills and an storytelling vehicle a MILLION times better than the show. Its like a show within itself, and you are one of the characters!

My favorite so far is the zombie kill in Clementine's house with the hammer. :thoranime12:

I dont like how you cant save the game (or have not figured out how to do it). And you are right, if you dont use the hints you could get totally stuck.:uncomfortableness:. I got killed three times in the beginning because I did not know what I was supposed to do with the shotgun thing. I didnt think to look for the gun. But after a short learning curve, I got the game down and am really enjoying it. :) I have it minimized now. I have the ability to capture it and put it on our YouTube channel. Should I? Perhaps a short clip?

THANKS FOR THIS GAME TIP! :applause:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Nooooo! I got to the part where zombies were at the fence and Duck was on the tractor, and Shawn got killed. I was saving him, and then the target wasnt there anymore? It said "You made no choice". WTF??? Im exiting without an autosave and see if I can get another chance.. :)

OMNI

Nooooo! I got to the part where zombies were at the fence and Duck was on the tractor, and Shawn got killed. I was saving him, and then the target wasnt there anymore? It said "You made no choice". WTF??? Im exiting without an autosave and see if I can get another chance.. :)
I saved duck myself... i want to go back and save the other dude instead and see if the story shifts...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I saved duck myself... i want to go back and save the other dude instead and see if the story shifts...

Nah, it doesnt shift. Evidently Shawn dies no matter what you do. I tried. Even if you dont save Duck, his daddy will and Shawn still dies. :( Try and see! Herschel told me to get the F@$% out three times already!

OMNI

I am pleasantly surprised with this game! I am more than an hour and a half into it and I am currently on the farm where I have met Herschel, his wife and son Shane (better and cooler than the one in the real show), this is more than a game. Hard to describe. Like an interactive story with action elements and puzzle elements. There are full on adrenaline producing moments, cool zombie kills and an storytelling vehicle a MILLION times better than the show. Its like a show within itself, and you are one of the characters!

My favorite so far is the zombie kill in Clementine's house with the hammer. :thoranime12:

I dont like how you cant save the game (or have not figured out how to do it). And you are right, if you dont use the hints you could get totally stuck.:uncomfortableness:. I got killed three times in the beginning because I did not know what I was supposed to do with the shotgun thing. I didnt think to look for the gun. But after a short learning curve, I got the game down and am really enjoying it. :) I have it minimized now. I have the ability to capture it and put it on our YouTube channel. Should I? Perhaps a short clip?

THANKS FOR THIS GAME TIP! :applause:
aye for a "point and click" game its pretty good and the interactive stuff ie you write the story by the choices you make is something i LOVE and yes i told you ALOT better then the uber shitty tc show for sure ;)

and really you died afdter the chrash there? hahahahaha dude while inside the car you see the gun ffs!!! :P i picked up the shotgun shell as soon as i got out the car and i havnt died once yet and yes those hint icons are really neccesary first time playing thru the game.

and feel free to do post as much video as you like tho bare in mind there are millions of such vids on the tube as is.

and im glad you dig the game im going to play some more now myself... i got to macon yesterday and stopped.. need to play more cant let you get to far ahead and spoil shit for me.. :D

OMNI

Nah, it doesnt shift. Evidently Shawn dies no matter what you do. I tried. Even if you dont save Duck, his daddy will and Shawn still dies. :( Try and see! Herschel told me to get the F@$% out three times already!
gotcha a plotpoint yopu cant change then.. shame.. anyway saves me the trouble of going back to retry it... to no avail.. im in the macon drugstore now just starting that bit.. if you are ahed of me NO SPOILERS!!!!

OMNI

oh and hershel for such a gently old man has a RELLY FOUL mouth :P

btw do you have skype bud? if so we could play and chat at the same time :)

OMNI

omg i called her a bitch and puched the dad shes all pissy towards me now..