The new Wonder Woman -- what say you?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I liked Lynda Cater in the role also.

It will be interesting to see how someone with military experience and training does the part (like Gal Gadot).

They are going to have to get her look straightened out. Without her iconic look, she might as well be Xena or Black Widow in an Amazonian getup. The acting will not make up for the flub in her look.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Of course. The look is wrong like I posted earlier-it is Space Xena.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Lynda Carter, aka "Wonder Woman from the 1970's" has weighed in on the new WW costume, and she seems to mimic much of what we have said already, namely in regards to the lack of color. (The article gets into the issue of the heavy use of red, white and blue and the American context of it. Personally I'm not offended that the new WW isn't wrapped in the American flag, but I do decry the monochromatic-ism and lack of color to the costume.)

http://screenrant.com/gal-gadot-wonder-woman-costume-lynda-carter/

“Well, I was missing the red, white and blue, I have to say… I don’t know. I haven’t seen it yet, so I really can’t comment. Maybe there’s a lot more color in it than what we saw in the picture.” Lynda Carter

roflbot (1).jpg

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Definitely should change the title to Xena Warrior Princess. Never was a fan of Wonder Woman I am afraid.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well I was kind enough to unchain my concubine from my wrought iron bed long enough for him to go play Steve Trevor in the new Wonder Woman movie. In one of the 143 text messages he sends me on a daily basis he included this pic of himself in costume.

(I'm not quite sure which text message it was as they are all pretty much the same and tend to blur together: Oh daddy I miss you! Oh papi I luvzzz you! Oh baby I can't wait for this shoot to be over so I can be back in your strong and loving arms again! Blah blah shut-up-and-put-the-ball-gag-back-in blah. :rolleye0014:)

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/won...n-first-picture-of-chris-pine-as-steve-trevor

chris_pine_wonder_woman.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well I was kind enough to unchain my concubine from my wrought iron bed long enough for him to go play Steve Trevor in the new Wonder Woman movie. In one of the 143 text messages he sends me on a daily basis he included this pic of himself in costume.

(I'm not quite sure which text message it was as they are all pretty much the same and tend to blur together: Oh daddy I miss you! Oh papi I luvzzz you! Oh baby I can't wait for this shoot to be over so I can be back in your strong and loving arms again! Blah blah shut-up-and-put-the-ball-gag-back-in blah. :rolleye0014:)

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/won...n-first-picture-of-chris-pine-as-steve-trevor

View attachment 32115
:shep_lol::SmileyLaughingTears::icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I liked Lynda Cater in the role also.

It will be interesting to see how someone with military experience and training does the part (like Gal Gadot).

I have been reading that the movie producers are re-thinking that dull brown outfit they have her in.