The new Wonder Woman -- what say you?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They just released this pic of Wonder Woman from the Batman vs Superman movie. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about her yet. I can't quite get a feel for how this version will be.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/26/5939933/batman-v-superman-comic-con-wonder-woman-first-image

wonderwoman.jpg

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They just released this pic of Wonder Woman from the Batman vs Superman movie. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about her yet. I can't quite get a feel for how this version will be.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/26/5939933/batman-v-superman-comic-con-wonder-woman-first-image

wonderwoman.jpg

They changed her into more like a Warrior Princess. She looks more like a Xena reboot than Wonder Woman. :( They need to do the silver bra thing and some red and and blue somewhere, and lose that sword.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
They changed her into more like a Warrior Princess. She looks more like a Xena reboot than Wonder Woman. :( They need to do the silver bra thing and some red and and blue somewhere, and lose that sword.

Her costume looks way to "bronze" in the pic. They seem to be doing the costumes correctly for all the other super heroes so why they suddenly have toned down WW is beyond me. There's nothing unique about her costume; nothing that makes her stand out.

And yeah, what's with that sword? :confused0006:

B

Backstep

Is that pic of WW while still on the Island in her Amazonian costume? The sword idk.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Looks completely wrong. She looks like Space Xena instead of Wonder Woman.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Is that pic of WW while still on the Island in her Amazonian costume? The sword idk.

The article doesn't say what the context is for WW. In fact, it's still being filmed from what I gather. Hopefully you're right and that's a pic of Diana early on before she becomes all red, white and breasts -- I mean, Blue. ;)

ezgif.com-add-text.gif

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Her costume looks way to "bronze" in the pic. They seem to be doing the costumes correctly for all the other super heroes so why they suddenly have toned down WW is beyond me. There's nothing unique about her costume; nothing that makes her stand out.

And yeah, what's with that sword? :confused0006:

A metaphor, maybe? You know, that she can "cross swords" with any man?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
A metaphor, maybe? You know, that she can "cross swords" with any man?

It could be a symbolic substitute for a penis. But if that's what the writer intended then he or she is lame.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It could be a symbolic substitute for a penis. But if that's what the writer intended then he or she is lame.

The writers/producers/studio perhaps want to make her less "wholesome" and divorce her from her past, like they did for Captain America? That is the problem with rehashing some of these old icons. Some of them will never make the transition into the 21st century effectively. Wonder Woman has a magic lasso that makes people tell the truth, an invisible plane (even S.H.I.E.L.D. has that now..and it's an aircraft carrier!), and indestructible bracelets. How do they ignore all that magical stuff? I think they want to be able to play on the Wonder Woman name and promote her because they have been sexist so long there were just not that many female superheroes. I think they would have been better off creating new female heroes. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
At least they have a good actress (note I said actress not just hottie) in the role. Gal Gadot can act.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
At least they have a good actress (not I said actress not just hottie) in the role. Gal Gadot can act.

Perhaps she can...but just how much acting chops are needed to play Wonder Woman? :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, it is not the biggest challenge. In a way the role is beneath her in terms of capabilities.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I liked Lynda Cater in the role also.

It will be interesting to see how someone with military experience and training does the part (like Gal Gadot).