The Killing (AMC)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Is anyone else going to check this out? I watched the trailer and I thought it looked pretty interesting, and AMC has pleasantly surprised me with Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Walking Dead so maybe they'll get it right a fourth time. The only problem is that it's a remake and since I watched the original Danish series which was fantastic, I have a hard time believing that this will come close to being as good. Though it has two actors that I like (Michelle Forbes and Joel Kinnaman) so at least that gives me a reason to give the pilot a shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZg34UArZyM

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I just started watching this show and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Being an AMC show I wnet into it expecting a certain quality when it comes to writing and acting and the show truly delivered on those point. All the actors were great however Michelle Forbes was probably the one who impressed me the most. She's a terrific actress and I'd really like to see her in more stuff.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
I just started watching this show and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Being an AMC show I wnet into it expecting a certain quality when it comes to writing and acting and the show truly delivered on those point. All the actors were great however Michelle Forbes was probably the one who impressed me the most. She's a terrific actress and I'd really like to see her in more stuff.

If AMC keeps this up they may end up being the only network without garbage.

S

Stonelesscutter

I just watched the trailer and must say that I didn't find it all that interesting myself.
Question. When the guy looking for his daughter at that bloke's house pulls back the sheets and finds that naked woman, is that his wife?
Coz if it is then I'm definitely not interested in this show. I hate stuff like that.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
If AMC keeps this up they may end up being the only network without garbage.

So true.

I just watched the trailer and must say that I didn't find it all that interesting myself.
Question. When the guy looking for his daughter at that bloke's house pulls back the sheets and finds that naked woman, is that his wife?
Coz if it is then I'm definitely not interested in this show. I hate stuff like that.

No it's just some woman that jerk picked up. From what I've seen so far it looks like the father has a prefectly healthy relationship with his wife.
And I'd really suggest that you give the show a shot because it's a lot more to it than you see in the trailer. Though I can understand if it's not your kind of show.

S

Stonelesscutter

No it's just some woman that jerk picked up. From what I've seen so far it looks like the father has a prefectly healthy relationship with his wife.
And I'd really suggest that you give the show a shot because it's a lot more to it than you see in the trailer. Though I can understand if it's not your kind of show.

Okay, started downloading the first two eps now.
Will let you know when I get a chance to see it.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Cool, I hope you enjoy them. I'm gonna watch episode three tonight. I've been planning on watching it since monday but I've just been so busy this week.

S

Stonelesscutter

Cool, I hope you enjoy them. I'm gonna watch episode three tonight. I've been planning on watching it since monday but I've just been so busy this week.

I've been pretty busy myself as of late watching Eureka.
Can't seem to pull the episodes in fast enough.
Baaad internet connection! Bad bad bad!

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I've been pretty busy myself as of late watching Eureka.
Can't seem to pull the episodes in fast enough.
Baaad internet connection! Bad bad bad!

I've actually lost interest in that show as of late. I enjoyed seasons 1-3 but I just found season 4 to be a bit "meh".
That sucks. Where do you download from?

S

Stonelesscutter

I've actually lost interest in that show as of late. I enjoyed seasons 1-3 but I just found season 4 to be a bit "meh".
That sucks. Where do you download from?

EZTV.
Thank god for Sweden. :P
I've only gotten to season 3 so far, though I did see a sort of preview episode for season 4 where apparently they go back in time.
This is kinda off topic here but do you know if this series is still being made or has it been canned already?

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
EZTV.
Thank god for Sweden. :P
I've only gotten to season 3 so far, though I did see a sort of preview episode for season 4 where apparently they go back in time.
This is kinda off topic here but do you know if this series is still being made or has it been canned already?

Hell yeah! :P
I haven't actually used EZTV. Is it torrents or direct downloads?

Yep. And James Callis joins the cast too.
I think it's been renewed. At least the fifth season or the second half of season 4, whatever it's called, is scheduled to air this summer.

S

Stonelesscutter

Hell yeah! :P
I haven't actually used EZTV. Is it torrents or direct downloads?

Yep. And James Callis joins the cast too.
I think it's been renewed. At least the fifth season or the second half of season 4, whatever it's called, is scheduled to air this summer.

Great news!!!! :D
And it's torrents.
You should really have a look just so you know how many shows they offer there.
It's like a Walhalla for tv junkies.

S

Stonelesscutter

I've been watching eps 1 to 4 of The Killing so far and I must admit it is far more appealing than the trailer suggested.
I'll be keeping my eye on it for now to see how it develops further.

S

Stonelesscutter

I'm still following this series and I find myself disappointed after each episode because I want to see more of it but I'll have to wait a whole week before the next ep airs. :)
This show is written quite well I think. Especially the scenes where we get to see the everyday life of the stricken family. It's in the little things and I think the writers are nailing it.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I'm still following this series and I find myself disappointed after each episode because I want to see more of it but I'll have to wait a whole week before the next ep airs. :)
This show is written quite well I think. Especially the scenes where we get to see the everyday life of the stricken family. It's in the little things and I think the writers are nailing it.

Agreed. :) I think tv is incredibly oversaturated with crime shows nowadays but The Killing is one of the best ones out there. The writing, acting, directing, etc. are all top notch IMO.

S

Stonelesscutter

Damn The Killing's good.
Just watched episode 12.
Major unforeseen twist at the end of that one.
I'm dying to find out how this will continue in the next ep.

S

Stonelesscutter

Just watched the last ep of the season. And once again it was very good.
This show is really worth the time, I'm so glad it got picked up for a second season.
You guys should watch it. I know it's not scifi but it's bloody damn good.

B

Backstep

Just watched the last ep of the season. And once again it was very good.
This show is really worth the time, I'm so glad it got picked up for a second season.
You guys should watch it. I know it's not scifi but it's bloody damn good.

I haven't seen the last ep yet, i like this show too.