The "is this show still really on air,why?" Pathetic Walking Dead--S5

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
and WITH all of those other food options it would further suggest that this is a group of ppl that existed as- perhaps-a cult or something PRIOR to the disease coming

They ate ppl before any sickness came--maybe doing so made them somehow immune to the disease [[or, they THINK eating ppl makes them immune, and that re-enforces their previous behavior]]

Well--rather than--speculate--you can just look at the-comic book excerpts-and find out.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well--rather than--speculate--you can just look at the-comic book excerpts-and find out.

Ok -but I thought they threw that out a while back and diverted from the comic book?

Don't really care though, still crap

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Ok -but I thought they threw that out a while back and diverted from the comic book?

Yep, and they even denied season 5 would have cannibals. I'd say poppycock on both counts.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yep, and they even denied season 5 would have cannibals. I'd say poppycock on both counts.

So...Don't read the comic then? :rolleye0014: (again, I wouldn't anyhow,either way just saying)

------------------------------------

Think it will get a S6? :popcorn:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually even the comic readers are unhappy with the recent direction of the comics. So the whole stupid franchise may start winding down.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
:(

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually even the comic readers are unhappy with the recent direction of the comics. So the whole stupid franchise may start winding down.

Not likely...TWD is the highest rated scripted TV series in the entire history of cable television. Sad, but true.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not likely...TWD is the highest rated scripted TV series in the entire history of cable television. Sad, but true.

You're right. This show is far from over unfortunately. It would have to have a precipitous drop in numbers in order to get the axe anytime soon. I can only hope that eventually the mouth-breathing masses with fatigue of this stupid stupidity and drop off. But what do I know, after all, Greys Anatomy is still running on ABC, which shocks the hell out of me, I mean, who is watching this stupid show? How is it still on? I thought it was cancelled years and years ago yet apparently it's still a thing on TV believe it or not.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You're right. This show is far from over unfortunately. It would have to have a precipitous drop in numbers in order to get the axe anytime soon. I can only hope that eventually the mouth-breathing masses with fatigue of this stupid stupidity and drop off. But what do I know, after all, Greys Anatomy is still running on ABC, which shocks the hell out of me, I mean, who is watching this stupid show? How is it still on? I thought it was cancelled years and years ago yet apparently it's still a thing on TV believe it or not.

The Walking Dead is getting a COMPANION SHOW. It has been greenlighted and will appear next year. I started a new thread on it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Remember the comics are the root of it all. And it is the comics of late that have been drawing fire as having lost their focus and becoming really dumb. The TV show may persist until it catches up to the comics but if the comic winds down eventually so will the show.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Remember the comics are the root of it all. And it is the comics of late that have been drawing fire as having lost their focus and becoming really dumb. The TV show may persist until it catches up to the comics but if the comic winds down eventually so will the show.

I dont think the comic is generating the audience for this show, since the comic book audiences are not driving the Marvel movies either. The comics are the root of the premise of the show but they are not necessarily the root of the audience. However, the show might be stimulating sales of the comics to some of the viewers. Print media and visual media do not necessarily go hand in hand as far as audiences for movies and TV go, IMO.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
OOH!

TWD cast Live a Paley Fest--on now!!

https://screen.yahoo.com/live/paleyfest-ny

Does the new season of slow, boring, yawn-worthy melodrama start tomorrow, Sunday? Is that why they're pumping it suddenly?

Honestly, as much as I hate SyFy they at least scored a hit with Z Nation, which, lousy as it is, is better than TWD in many ways. They've only had like 4 episodes but they're already halfway across the country, unlike TWD where they're still stuck in Georgia...doing nothing...except for whining. :rolleye0014:

Last edited:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Does the new season of slow, boring, yawn-worthy melodrama start tomorrow, Sunday? Is that why they're pumping it suddenly?

Honestly, as much as I hate SyFy they at least scored a hit with Z Nation, which, lousy as it is, is better than TWD in many ways. They've only had like 4 episodes but they're already halfway across the country, unlike TWD where they're still stuck in Georgia...doing nothing...except for whining. :rolleye0014:

yeah-starts tonight

good thing THE STRAIN is done or I would be soooo conflicted!!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Well it looks as if "Beth" is now a sandwich but no one seems to care, including her sister. :icon_lol:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
So watched the premiere

It was actually good--almost like you could skip from S1 to this ep and forget about all the sh$t in between

I am slightly excited about the Lennie James character still being alive--I really like him as an actor--he is always landing into poorly produced shows though.

Can't remember if he and the group last parted on good terms though...I only remember him being crazy

=======================
The backstory for why the 'termites (their name for them)' eat ppl doesn't cut it. They were over run because of their kindness, took back the place and then went cannibal explains jack scrap

I am guessing we are going to have to see more of them--at least some of them--and their sob story/"why we chose to be cannibals" deal

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Who knew bottle rockets were so dangerous? :daniel_new004:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was better than the slop of the last two seasons simply because the pacing was enormously improved. Plus there were no soapy moments. Carol was cool in her Arnold Schwarzenegger "Commando" role also. If they consistently have the installments like this the show can be entertaining.