The Cape - New series premiering on NBC. Will it soar and then flop like Heroes?

Looking forward to this after falling in, then out of love with Heroes. Loved the first season of that, but I left when the writers strike shortened second season sucked donkey balls. I see good things in the promo, but also grand canyon sized plot holes.

[video=youtube;UuaK-gis9VQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuaK-gis9VQ&feature=player_embedded

Here's hoping it's entertaining and hangs around for a few seasons!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG!!!!! I cant wait!

Looking forward to this after falling in, then out of love with Heroes. Loved the first season of that, but I left when the writers strike shortened second season sucked donkey balls. I see good things in the promo, but also grand canyon sized plot holes.

[video=youtube;UuaK-gis9VQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuaK-gis9VQ&feature=player_embedded

Here's hoping it's entertaining and hangs around for a few seasons!

Summer Glau is in it? OMG! It looks AWESOME! I love it....I can see that green screen is used a lot and thats okay with me. The cape, the kid, the story (all from that litle clip). It looks awesome to me! I like that family aspect thing to it. Looks great!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Summer Glau is in it? OMG! It looks AWESOME! I love it....I can see that green screen is used a lot and thats okay with me. The cape, the kid, the story (all from that litle clip). It looks awesome to me! I like that family aspect thing to it. Looks great!

Isn't Summer Glau the kiss of death for any show she's on?

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Looks worth checking out - the "do your Math homework" joke was a bit of an eye-roller, but it could work in a funny-not-taking-itself-too-seriously way.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
She can kiss me to death any day

Isn't Summer Glau the kiss of death for any show she's on?

I loved her in Firefly. I think that SGU would have loved to have had her. But she looks good in this Cape show to me. :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I loved her in Firefly. I think that SGU would have loved to have had her. But she looks good in this Cape show to me. :)

Yeah, she was good in Firefly and I liked what they did with her in the movie. I didn't bother watching "Terminator-Sarah Conner" show though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
That was a HORRIBLE show to me.

Yeah, she was good in Firefly and I liked what they did with her in the movie. I didn't bother watching "Terminator-Sarah Conner" show though.

I hated that show. She didnt do the female Terminator thing well at all. Almost forgot about that! I dont count that show or Terminator 4 into Terminator canon. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ok that looks like another interesting show. sgwho? :P definitely not going to be missed! ;)

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
One of the reasons I plan to watch this show is that it has Keith David in it.

In person, he's a delightful guy, has a great laugh, and gives great hug.

We'll see how the rest of it pans out. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The Cape

Watched a few minutes of "The Cape" -- oh my, it's bad. This one won't last long.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Its normal day and time is going to be at the same time Castle is on, Mondays at 10pm.

Sorry, NBC, but Castle wins in my house.

Watched a few minutes of "The Cape" -- oh my, it's bad. This one won't last long.

Oh nooooeeeesss! I was going to watch this during lunch today provided that it's on HULU. At least I know to lower my expectation level.

Its normal day and time is going to be at the same time Castle is on, Mondays at 10pm.

Sorry, NBC, but Castle wins in my house.

DOUBLE OH NOOOOEEEEESSSSSSSS! There is no way in a cold, frozen over hell that I'm missing my weekly dose of Captain Mal! Ah well, I had a feeling it was going to go the way of Heroes. Don't know why, but I just couldn't shake that gut feeling.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The name alone will kill the show.

Besides, it's a horrible name for a show, even a "super hero" type show. People will see that name in their TV listings and won't even bother with it. Seriously.

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
I stand corrected about the time. It will air from 9pm to 10pm, thus having no conflict with Captain Tightpants.

I've met Keith David and like him a lot. Just a really nice, genuine guy who's still nice when he's not in the spotlight. That can't be said for a lot of other actors out there. He and I share the same eye doctor.

I hope that somehow, the series makes it, if only so that he's got something. He does a lot of voiceover work for commercials and animated stuff, and took over the narration of City Confidential after the untimely passing of Paul Winfield. (I always think of the TNG episode "Darmok" when I am reminded of Paul.)

I loved that "but I'm using my STAGE voice" comment when he's interrogating the (now former) cop.

The man can chew scenery with the best of them. ;)

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
Mediocre

Despite some good casting, I found the first two episodes just mediocre. Nothing but the predictable stereotypes and plots that one would expect, one-line "groaners" that tried too hard to be clever, and while I like Summer Glau, she's so obviously just been put there all dolled up so that the fanbois will squee. I mean, they could make her character a LOT more interesting than just wearing bold lipstick and kicking guys whilst wearing very short skirts, oh and no, I'm not intrigued by them "hinting" at her dark, secret past, pu-lease, anyone could see through that. Let me guess...tarot killed her family? Am I getting warmer? Or, maybe it's the not-surprising-anymore twist of: "her family WAS tarot, muahahahaha." Either way, the writing just doesn't grab me enough to care to find out. I'll watch this if I'm bored and have nothing else to do, but, not a must-see show by a long stretch.

I stand corrected about the time. It will air from 9pm to 10pm, thus having no conflict with Captain Tightpants.

I've met Keith David and like him a lot. Just a really nice, genuine guy who's still nice when he's not in the spotlight.

In that case, I'll definitely leave it on while I wait for Mal.

Also, I saw Keith David on the street one day. Just walking along minding his own business. But you must know that I LOVE ME SOME Keith David. The smile, the gap-tooth. And that deep voice does not help.

Well, I was walking toward him, and I guess he could tell that I was staring (like he doesn't get that all the time), and as I got close to him, he said 'Hello' in that deep-silky voice. I swear to you, I peed myself. To this day, I don't remember if I was able to reply back. I just stared with grin on my face from ear to ear. I remember floating back to my office, thinking Keith David just said hello to me.

I'm a born New Yorker, so seeing actors in your everyday travels is no big deal. But as you can see, to this day, I STILL gush about the day that Keith David said hello to me (or the bizarre woman who kept staring at him from 50 yards away).