Syfy Forums

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Come on Brian hint at it dude, up, the same, or down from last season?

The forum was dead last night, last time it was that dead the show had a record low with under a million viewers, BUT there was literally no competition last night on the Broadcast channels. I think we could see a new record low, since the night for SGU and timeslot has changed. also, with the show being on at 10, instead of 9, could see more DVR playback in the live +7, which would mean the Live+SD could of taken a big hit last night. Anyway MediaSavant should be posting the numbers within the next hour.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
Oh God the nerves .......no competition vs different night, different time, a known cancelled show. I noted there was on;ly 30 posts in the Deliverance thread at syfy, thought that was a bit low.

I'm even holding a contest on there, to try and get some discussions. I have to admit, the episode was very good. If the show was like this in the beginning I think there would be at least a 3rd season pickup.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I'm even holding a contest on there, to try and get some discussions. I have to admit, the episode was very good. If the show was like this in the beginning I think there would be at least a 3rd season pickup.

The most interesting thing about this is, GW has a thread "Too much like Stargate :("
It's a rather telling thing to have discussed don't you think?

Briangate78

GateFans Noob
The most interesting thing about this is, GW has a thread "Too much like Stargate :("
It's a rather telling thing to have discussed don't you think?

Did you see my reply? I am reading the posts past me, and just shaking my head. If I keep replying I will get nowhere.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I saw that title and for the sake of my sanity have not read it!

Read it, it's rather interesting from a err, "observational" point of view

@Brian
I did, I came, I saw I LOL'ed :P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Don't get sucked into the madness

If I make another reply on it, I am an idiot, lol.

Best not to let yourself get drawn into a vortex of irrationality. It's crazy that people are actually complaining that SGU has action and movement, i.e. that it was like "classic SG-1" as you said. It blows my mind that anyone thinks this is a bad thing.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Best not to let yourself get drawn into a vortex of irrationality. It's crazy that people are actually complaining that SGU has action and movement, i.e. that it was like "classic SG-1" as you said. It blows my mind that anyone thinks this is a bad thing.

Whats more telling to me is if you really read the comments (not just skim them and go "OMFG"), they are essentially saying (not in so many words), that SGU should never have been a stargate show to begin with. Ponder that for a moment if you will.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Whats more telling to me is if you really read the comments (not just skim them and go "OMFG"), they are essentially saying (not in so many words), that SGU should never have been a stargate show to begin with. Ponder that for a moment if you will.

In this regard I'm in complete agreement with them. ;)

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Okay, I'm confused...

Why is everyone calling this season 2. I thought it took 20 Episodes to make a season. Have they lowered the bar on how many shows are a season now?

Because I thought SGU was still in season 1.

Technically it is only 20 shows that it's ran, so that is only one season in my book. I don't intend on giving that show the credit of being able to make it 2 seasons.

they are up to ep 31 chief, so no escaping it, it's halfway through season 2

Edit: OK dude :P
PS:

:shepsalute::welcomewagon::welcomewagon::shepsalute:

Copenhagen

GateFans Noob
Well I knew it was not going to last long anyway. People say you can't tell by the first couple shows. Well, maybe so. But I can. I'm the same way with books, if it ain't good by the first 3 or 4 chapters, I don't see a reason for torturing my self with it.

I did give it more of a chance than I normally would have just because it carried the "Stargate" name. I watched it about 8 or 9 episodes, or was it 6 or 8, I can't remember really. It finally just got on my last nerve.

I will also admit it did have a almost good episode a time or two, possibly more since I stopped watching it, but meh. I don't think I missed anything special. The last one I watched they were actually in contact with some other life forms. And, looked like they might actually have a space battle. That was interesting, but I had already lost interest in the show, so, I just gave up on it before I got upset with it further.

However, if one of you all could tell me which episodes Dr. Mckay is going to be in, I'd love to know, just to watch him. Please, let me know if you know which ones he is in. Thanks.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh stclare!

Well I knew it was not going to last long anyway. People say you can't tell by the first couple shows. Well, maybe so. But I can. I'm the same way with books, if it ain't good by the first 3 or 4 chapters, I don't see a reason for torturing my self with it.

I did give it more of a chance than I normally would have just because it carried the "Stargate" name. I watched it about 8 or 9 episodes, or was it 6 or 8, I can't remember really. It finally just got on my last nerve.

I will also admit it did have a almost good episode a time or two, possibly more since I stopped watching it, but meh. I don't think I missed anything special. The last one I watched they were actually in contact with some other life forms. And, looked like they might actually have a space battle. That was interesting, but I had already lost interest in the show, so, I just gave up on it before I got upset with it further.

However, if one of you all could tell me which episodes Dr. Mckay is going to be in, I'd love to know, just to watch him. Please, let me know if you know which ones he is in. Thanks.

You need to meet stclare. She LOVES "Dr. Mckay". She can tell you everything you need to know about David Hewlett and his upcoming appearance on SGU. ;)