Supernatural

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
We were referring to Amanda Tapping. :rolleyes:
thought you meant the character, there are a couple of Amanda's i believe

but there, now you also know both of the wives had fairly important roles in the show as well :)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
thought you meant the character, there are a couple of Amanda's i believe

but there, now you also know both of the wives had fairly important roles in the show as well :)
Yeah, my wife told me already. We are way beyond that point by the way. Almost halfway through season 9 now.

Last edited:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Man, this show sure has a lot of unnecessary brother on brother drama. I'm really starting to get sick of that. That Sam is kind of a wanker. Always getting himself in trouble to the point of being very weak or dying. Always unappreciative of the brother helping him to survive. He's a major tosser actually. And my stepdaughter is right, he does have an apeface. I can't unsee it now.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I think a few of the archs ran a bit too long at this point, but they will get back on track soon for a different vibe yet again. :dog:

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I think a few days ago I mentioned to my wife that maybe Chuck is god. But whether he is or isn't, please don't comment on that, I'm still looking forward to see what happens in the next 9 seasons or so.
I bloody called it! Chuck is god!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
We finally finished Supernatural.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It was alright I guess. The whole battle with god thing was not quite what it was worked up to be, to be honest. But it was high time for the show to be put to rest. The final episode was a bit weird, suddenly going back to hunting vampires. But then when Dean died the rest of it was alright. The death scene was a bit dragged out, but I guess that might be necessary because it had been such a long-running show and it was a main character dying. I found the part when Sam died "an old man" a bit weird. He didn't seem that old, and the kid walked into the room and said he could go now. But in the end all was well for the brothers. I liked how the cast and crew all got together on that bridge for that final shot.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It was alright I guess. The whole battle with god thing was not quite what it was worked up to be, to be honest. But it was high time for the show to be put to rest. The final episode was a bit weird, suddenly going back to hunting vampires. But then when Dean died the rest of it was alright. The death scene was a bit dragged out, but I guess that might be necessary because it had been such a long-running show and it was a main character dying. I found the part when Sam died "an old man" a bit weird. He didn't seem that old, and the kid walked into the room and said he could go now. But in the end all was well for the brothers. I liked how the cast and crew all got together on that bridge for that final shot.
this show just started a few weeks ago

have not watched it... my guess? it will be cringe-copy wanna-be of SUPERNATURAL

but maybe not

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4w_hwnlv2k

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
O dear. You're probably right. Haven't even watched that video and I'm already getting the impression it's an attempt to suck more money out of the IP.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
O dear. You're probably right. Haven't even watched that video and I'm already getting the impression it's an attempt to suck more money out of the IP.
the first sentence of the video, from Dean narrating.. in SUPERNATURAL, Dean went back and saw his parents at the age they are in this show,, he knows what they did and how,, and so do we. So the TPTBS are either going to have to pay close attn to detail OR just not care and do whatever they want

SUPERNATURAL started way back on the WB network. proved its value as a ..dare I say, 'treasured' entertainment product, and now its done.. just leave it as is. .right?

Now maybe if they did some kind of spin off about other hunters, or something about Angels and Demons,, that might be good, but the Winchester thing should be left as is

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I understood from @Quetesh that they tried one or two spin-offs, but they failed miserably.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I understood from @Quetesh that they tried one or two spin-offs, but they failed miserably.
There were a couple of episodes that were pretty much dedicated to being back door pilots for two possible spin offs

BLOOD LINES and SISTERHOOD or SISTER HUNTERS something

BLOODLINES was the one when the Winch's were in Chicago and the gang war was actually a war between a family of Werewolves and I think, Vampires was it, maybe some other creature

SISTERS IMO could have been could. It was going to be about the 3 girls and the female sheriff

but yeah each "show" had its own dedicated episode in SUPERNATURAL , guess they didn't play well enough with audience or the money ppl, IDK

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I found it strange that Crowley didn't pop back up in the last season in some way.