Supernatural

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
It took a whole lot of nagging for an extensive period of time, but I finally gave in. My wife and I are watching Supernatural. Never watched it before.

Didn't like season 1. Too creepy. Since then, things have improved. It's nowhere near as attractive to me as say Stargate or Star Trek, or even Star Wars, but I suppose I'm hooked enough now to stick with it. We're in season 4 now. I'm glad the show was changed from a mostly episodic to a more arc-y type show.

Apparently there's a lot of seasons of this show, so we have ways to go. I'll see where it takes me.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
It took a whole lot of nagging for an extensive period of time, but I finally gave in. My wife and I are watching Supernatural. Never watched it before.

Didn't like season 1. Too creepy. Since then, things have improved. It's nowhere near as attractive to me as say Stargate or Star Trek, or even Star Wars, but I suppose I'm hooked enough now to stick with it. We're in season 4 now. I'm glad the show was changed from a mostly episodic to a more arc-y type show.

Apparently there's a lot of seasons of this show, so we have ways to go. I'll see where it takes me.
like 15 seasons with 22 or 23 eps in each i think?

i got hooked into it... was the motivation for that "Dear Abby Von Netflix" thread-- as in "dear abby, i have a guilty pleasure issue" you got to have known who/what dear abby was i suppose :)

it has some cool twists on who was who and what was what-- interesting views on cosmic issues.. spiritual while still being fun to watch

they were half way done making the final season when covid shut downs hit... i think the wait made for a very good ending, maybe one of the better endings i can remember (though DARK is still the best ending imo)

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
You make it sound appealing. I shall look forward to watching the rest of it.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It's a weird show, as it gets later in. the run you see more comedy elements enter in.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
You make it sound appealing. I shall look forward to watching the rest of it.
i discovered the show on my own but only stuck it out because of your wife's encouragement

its a little different and kooky but it is defi entertaining and, even has some meaningful bits to it

in those bits you can see just how long the show ran over so many diff periods of American social-political issues

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and a certain prop from another show finds its way into this show.. kind of cool as well how they did it

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
and a certain prop from another show finds its way into this show.. kind of cool as well how they did it
I'm guessing from the way you said that, that you know me to be familiar with this "other show". I'm guessing maybe that other show is Stargate. I'll look forward to this prop. Do you happen to know which season that prop makes its first appearance?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I'm guessing from the way you said that, that you know me to be familiar with this "other show". I'm guessing maybe that other show is Stargate. I'll look forward to this prop. Do you happen to know which season that prop makes its first appearance?
hmm maybe, but not that i can remember... probably a show you are not too fond off

its the way they do it is what is cool, not till like season 14 or so though

there are defi other cultural references in the show though, cant remember all of them

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
In season 6 now. Show is pretty good.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
have they gotten to the Book writer "Chuck" yet? :)
Yeah yeah. I think that was like season 4, or maybe even end of 3 he was introduced. The dude who writes the Supernatural book series, who is really a prophet describing actual events. Nice twist.

Quetesh

Well Known GateFan
I am really happy the hubby is now watching with me, but I do have to bite my tongue to stop myself from giving anything away.
I have to see re-watching the first season was much harder than I thought it would be, the show improved so much over the next couple of seasons. Now that we are full on into season 6, I can really see why the show lasted so long.

I would also say that so many many "sci-fi" stars pop in and out of this show, that makes it all the more enjoyable. The best part of the show is you can just really see how much fun they were all having while they were making it at times, and how much they all truly enjoyed each other's' company. So much that IRL the 2 main stars are best friends to this day.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
i can imagine :)

yeah,, Chuck was a nice twist :)
I think a few days ago I mentioned to my wife that maybe Chuck is god. But whether he is or isn't, please don't comment on that, I'm still looking forward to see what happens in the next 9 seasons or so.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I think a few days ago I mentioned to my wife that maybe Chuck is god. But whether he is or isn't, please don't comment on that, I'm still looking forward to see what happens in the next 9 seasons or so.
i just liked how the show runners had a plotline with a story in the story where the Winchesters had a fanbase they didn't even know about

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
So, Amanda is a bit of a bitch on this show.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
is she the actress that is married to one of the actors? i forget now
It was both of their wives

Jensen Ackles wife:

wont link in Padalecki's wife to not spoil anything