Suicide Squad

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Catwoman was always supposed to be oversexed and aggressive...almost like a dominatrix. :) Of all of them, only Julie Newmar and Michelle Pfeiffer captured her essence IMO. The villians in Batman are all some of DC's best characters, but they are trapped in Batman's universe (Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Batgirl). Wonder Woman is dated and her "powers" are lame. How can you have an invisible jet? It would have been easier for her to just fly like Superman. I mean, what is a dumb invisible jet when you have the cloaked flying aircraft carrier in Avengers? :) And that "Lasso of Truth" and the magic bracelets...:facepalm:.

The girl who plays "catwoman (or soon to be CW)" in GOTHAM is payed by a girl who even resembles Pfeifer a bit

i know there are some fierce critics of the show, but I like it

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The girl who plays "catwoman (or soon to be CW)" in GOTHAM is payed by a girl who even resembles Pfeifer a bit

i know there are some fierce critics of the show, but I like it

She is certainly hot. :) But Catwoman is more than just being hot. What I do not get about Gotham is that there is no Batman yet (is there?). Bruce Wayne is a kid, right? I never watched the show because the premise seems lame to me. If there is no Batman, why is there a fully grown Catwoman?

Why didnt they just make a Batman TV series????? He works best as a series and not a movie hero. They could (and should) dump Robin, keep Alfred and reboot the series.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
She is certainly hot. :) But Catwoman is more than just being hot. What I do not get about Gotham is that there is no Batman yet (is there?). Bruce Wayne is a kid, right? I never watched the show because the premise seems lame to me. If there is no Batman, why is there a fully grown Catwoman?

Why didnt they just make a Batman TV series????? He works best as a series and not a movie hero. They could (and should) dump Robin, keep Alfred and reboot the series.

this girl is only 15 or 16 (Sheez OM stay off the streets or you are going to get busted on 'jailbait'!!)!

she is catwoman yet,just a girl,an orphan on the streets hanging out with others-like the girl who will become poison ivy

she is the same age-or so-as the teen Bruce Wayne

no, no BATMAN yet--or is there?

in the previews for the upcoming season we see Bruce and Alfred (possibly) discovering the batcave under wayne manor
BTW, in this version, Alfred is a badass ex SAS operative obviously hired by the elder Wayne for these skills and not for his housekeeping

the show follows many of the up and coming villains and how they got their start (the Penguin is pretty well played)-we have also seen the future Joker, Riddler, Poison Ivy and the crazed ex-Psychiatrist turned terror king and several others intro'd

It also focuses on the rise of Jim Gordon as a young detective fighting crime and the corruption of Gotham's govt

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
this girl is only 15 or 16 (Sheez OM stay off the streets or you are going to get busted on 'jailbait'!!)!

she is catwoman yet,just a girl,an orphan on the streets hanging out with others-like the girl who will become poison ivy

she is the same age-or so-as the teen Bruce Wayne

no, no BATMAN yet--or is there?

in the previews for the upcoming season we see Bruce and Alfred (possibly) discovering the batcave under wayne manor
BTW, in this version, Alfred is a badass ex SAS operative obviously hired by the elder Wayne for these skills and not for his housekeeping

the show follows many of the up and coming villains and how they got their start (the Penguin is pretty well played)-we have also seen the future Joker, Riddler, Poison Ivy and the crazed ex-Psychiatrist turned terror king and several others intro'd

It also focuses on the rise of Jim Gordon as a young detective fighting crime and the corruption of Gotham's govt

though I only watched the last scene of the last Ep of SMALLVILLE, I am thinking that the plan is to end GOTHAM in a similar way- showing the young Bruce in a BATMAN suit overlooking Gotham, and developing his growling Christian Bale-like voice

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
this girl is only 15 or 16 (Sheez OM stay off the streets or you are going to get busted on 'jailbait'!!)!...

Really? She looks 21 to me. This is why I do not date young girls (under 30). :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Hardly surprising. One has to remember they actually pulled this movie back for reshoots after the Batman v Superman disaster - specifically reshoots to insert some humor into the story.

On the other hand, it is getting better box-office (albeit again too much of it foreign where the studio gets a much lower piece of the proceeds). Maybe the humor they added helps? Or maybe it has an epic second week boxoffice plunge like Batman v Superman did...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hardly surprising. One has to remember they actually pulled this movie back for reshoots after the Batman v Superman disaster - specifically reshoots to insert some humor into the story.

On the other hand, it is getting better box-office (albeit again too much of it foreign where the studio gets a much lower piece of the proceeds). Maybe the humor they added helps? Or maybe it has an epic second week boxoffice plunge like Batman v Superman did...

Batman has been messed around with so much that there is no more continuity. They changed the backstory, the villians, the Batmobile, Batman himself, etc etc etc. Why don't they just make Catwoman be an actual cat that turns into a woman now? :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The word out there is that this is a terrible film - think incoherent mess.

It seems that just like Fantastic Four a couple of years ago (and the original cut of Highlander 2), the studio was REALLY unhappy with the film and recut it themselves without regard to preserving the story. And just like those two the result apparently is really hard to follow and has scenes just popping up that make little to no sense.

Who knows, maybe the director here (David Ayer) can do like Russell Mulcahy did with Highlander 2 - get the rights back and fix it:

https://mutantreviewers.wordpress.c...egade-version-and-the-saving-of-a-bad-sequel/