Suicide Squad

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Etrigan at least would give them a storyboard for more "edgy" stuff.

Etrigan is a demon who as punishment was bound to a human (Jason Blood). Blood keeps trying to be a force for good but Etrigan keeps trying to be evil. It differs from Hellboy in that Hellboy is a demon who renounced his heritage and works for good (and acts a lot like Sam Spade).

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Etrigan at least would give them a storyboard for more "edgy" stuff.

Etrigan is a demon who as punishment was bound to a human (Jason Blood). Blood keeps trying to be a force for good but Etrigan keeps trying to be evil. It differs from Hellboy in that Hellboy is a demon who renounced his heritage and works for good (and acts a lot like Sam Spade).

Reminds me of Ghost Rider.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
There are similarities. But the rider was not evil in the same way - it was simply obsessed with vengeance. Etrigan is a trickier character as it spins schemes and plans which promote evil.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There are similarities. But the rider was not evil in the same way - it was simply obsessed with vengeance. Etrigan is a trickier character as it spins schemes and plans which promote evil.

Okay, but is he standalone superhero blockbuster material?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Not into Fantastic Four. :( If they bring in Silver Surfer and Galactus, it will be over the top and laughable.

Why they are rebooting Fantastic Four is beyond me. There was virtually no demand for more of the crap we got with the original F4 movies just a few years ago.

Bluce Ree

Why they are rebooting Fantastic Four is beyond me. There was virtually no demand for more of the crap we got with the original F4 movies just a few years ago.

Same reason they kept rebooting Superman. A million monkeys hitting random keys on a million typewriters over a million years will eventually type out every book in existence by sheer probability and, somewhere in there, will be a brilliant rewrite of a Shakespearean classic.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Same reason they kept rebooting Superman. A million monkeys hitting random keys on a million typewriters over a million years will eventually type out every book in existence by sheer probability and, somewhere in there, will be a brilliant rewrite of a Shakespearean classic.

Superman is lame to me, always has been.

Bluce Ree

Superman is lame to me, always has been.

Superman is a complete non-starter. His infinite strength and powers preclude any sort of prolonged conflict, thereby eliminating anything resembling a story unless you go the melodramatic route. Melodrama can always be spun into long-drawn out useless story telling.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Okay, but is he standalone superhero blockbuster material?

Dunno. But I figure the two of them (Blood/Etrigan) make for a more compelling story than the rest of DCs slop. Pitch it more like a Universal Classic horror type of film but with state of the art visuals.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well in Superman Returns he was a metrosexual knucklehead and in Man of Steel he was a dark psychopath. Not much of a choice.

Bluce Ree

Well in Superman Returns he was a metrosexual knucklehead and in Man of Steel he was a dark psychopath. Not much of a choice.

A dark psychopath can make for some interesting story telling. A metrosexual knucklehead ... not so much. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They are REALLY scraping the bottom when they start wanting to remake movies that were pretty bad. Blade sort of tried to be okay but ultimately fell short. Blade 2 was almost decent (Luke Goss as the mutant vampire did a great turn) but Blade Trinity was epically bad - starting with a cringeworthy performance by Parker Posey as a vampire....

Last edited:

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
DC characters do series better than they do movies, and as none of their characters have really made big splashes on the Movie screen (Bar Supes and Bats), they have a lot of room to work with in the TV serial format.
Marvel has very little wriggle room in that regard.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
DC characters do series better than they do movies, and as none of their characters have really made big splashes on the Movie screen (Bar Supes and Bats), they have a lot of room to work with in the TV serial format.
Marvel has very little wriggle room in that regard.

I agree with this a lot. DC's characters are easier to do on TV, and this includes Supes and Batguy. I amk so sick of seeing Batman posters and Superman is just a huge eyeroll.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
No, no, no, no, NO! They need to resist the temptation to bring stupid characters to the big screen. Keep it adult. That's the formula that breathed new life into the Batman franchise. Even though Catwoman was brought into the last movie, her character's cat-influenced persona was minimized to a great degree and rightfully neglected the "meow" stupidity that were Pfeiffer's and Berry's failed legacies.

No Flash. No Blunder Woman. No Batgirl. No Robin. No more stupid childish superheroes.

I am happy with GOTHAM and the non "comicy" way they are portraying the villains and heroes. its is done in much the same way as the Nolan films, no innate special or fantasy powers, just ppl who use gadgets and workout a lot :smiley-money-mouth: