Stargate: Special Forces

Will Armstrong

GateFans Noob
We are a private and non-profit fan film project, based on the popular TV series Stargate.
Gives information about the project on our website.
stargate-sf.de

n4q8uz7j.jpg

We search for reinforcements in the area of ​​"VFX" processing.
Because of the later film is composed almost 90% of CGI effects.

Tasks and people, we still looking for:

Texturing of spaceships in 4K (output format is OBJ)
Matte Painting for VFX Composer (Vue and rotoscoping) processing
CGI explosions (Fume FX)
Particel Effects (Krakatoa)
Color correction
Lighting
Nuke Artist

About help we would be very happy.
The Special Forces team

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
non profit? so you basicly you are saying that you aint paying diddly shit.... and the Project is yet ANOTHER shitty german fanfilm..

no thanks.

Will Armstrong

GateFans Noob
It will not make any profits with the project, is clear.
You only have to pay money.
This film will be in English and then in German Language.

thank you

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

thank you

Some of us here will check it out, Im sure. :) WELCOME TO GATEFANS!

:welcomewagon:

OMNI is a lovable guy...you just have to get to know him. ;)

Will Armstrong

GateFans Noob
Thanks for the welcome Overmind One :)
Everywhere there are people in the world who do not like something.
My concern also so xd. : D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome Overmind One :)
Everywhere there are people in the world who do not like something.
My concern also so xd. : D

OMNI is a master CGI artist. His work is in our forums. However I would discourage asking him or anyone here to volunteer work on your project, since most of us here are professionals doing our own work for our own projects. However, I would think that a Stargate fan project is noteworthy and worth hearing about. :)
--- merged: Apr 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM ---

thank you

Please read this before posting...:http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/thr...-guidelines-please-read-before-posting.23856/

It is not permitted to solicit money for your project on this website (CCPG, Section 1, Item 5). However, you are free to post news, videos, topics about the project, etc. Enjoy the site!

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Hi Will, welcome to GateFans! :smiley_joy:

A couple things right off the bat -- this "movie" of yours doesn't seek to use the SGU template at all, does it? I mean, you don't want a failure right from the start, do you? Of course not, so let's not even go there. :)

Also -- and please don't take this the wrong way -- your cast doesn't look very believable as a genuine military unit. Quite simply, no military operation in the world (except for maybe the filthy, debauched French) would allow their soldiers to dress so slovenly and be so unkempt. Every one of your soldiers has "chin dirt", i.e. bad facial hair (except of course for the angry German lesbian, but we'll get to her later). Surely they sell cheap razor blades in Deutschland so please avail yourself of some. I know you're running a volunteer operation here but really, having your actors shave for their roles is asking very little of them. If they don't want to do something as little as shaving for their roles then kick them to the curb (or as you say in Germany -- das kurben!).

It's bad enough that most of the actors are very out of shape and would never pass a genuine military recruitment exam, but it's like they didn't even try when it comes to achieving a military look. Just throwing on a cap does not a soldier make. I understand you have budget issues and can't afford perfect uniforms, but that's not what I'm getting at here. Again, having your cast shave and get proper haircuts and do a few sit-ups would go a long way towards achieving that real military look.

As for the angry German lesbian, well, don't get me wrong, as a gay man I have nothing against lesbians, nor do I have anything against Germans as I'm of Germanic descent myself. But angry German lesbians scare me. They also scare geeky straight men, which is basically 99.999% of your intended audience. Just sayin' bro, American viewers want someone who looks hot that they can fap to, not someone who looks like they can fix their car. You hear me chief? And if you can't find a hot blonde bimbo with a copious amount of "sweater meat" right there in Germany then consider importing some from the good old U S of A. I may be gay but even I know that straight geeky guys really get off on tits and explosions. Trust me on this bro.
:beckett_new049:

It's not all bad news. You did get the casting right for the role of the evil Go'auld Sergeant Fisher. Stargate has a tradition of filling those roles with effete, affected guys, so good on you there! :)

And the guy who plays Col. Frank Connor isn't half bad if you clean him up a little. Hell, a couple of steins of Spaten maibach and I'd hit it, or, as you say in German: Ich würde sexun mit poopholian - immer wieder! (seriously bro, see if you can hook me up here ;) ) At any rate, you need to have a lot of scenes in your movie where this guy takes off his shirt. The movie will fail miserably if you don't have this actor take off his shirt -- repeatedly. Trust me on this bro, I know my shit and wouldn't steer you wrong.

conner.jpg

http://stargate-sf.de/index.php/en/cast-crew-english

Other than that though I feel no desire to sodomize anyone else in the cast. And to be honest your crew isn't really getting me going either, with the possible exception of Website/Translations/Quality Control tech Christian Stahl. I can tell from the way he drinks coffee that he'd be amazing in the sack. (I have an eye for these things :winking0052:) Do yourself a favor and cast him as a soldier in this "film". And make sure to have several scenes where he takes his shirt off, maybe when Col. Connor is around, like in a locker room or the shower or even a Go'auld prison camp where the characters are being tortured...with their shirts off. Being German I'm sure you get where I'm going here. ;)

chrissstrahl.jpg

http://stargate-sf.de/index.php/en/cast-crew-english

Anyhoo, we look forward to seeing your movie and also having you as a new, dynamic member of GateFans! :snowman:

Will Armstrong

GateFans Noob
@Overmind One:
Sorry, i aplologize, i meant that you do not have to pay Money (Google Translate).

@shavedape
as for your suggestions when thy to make anun textual orientated Fan-Film.
Whe have treed our best wheat resturtsourtes whe had.
But thanks for your inside and Perspective.
As for you and Conner Contact details ar on the Cast-Page.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
@Overmind One:
Sorry, i poligice, i meant that you do not have to pay Money (Google Translate).

@shavedape

Hi Will :)

Thanks for the info on contacting the guy who plays Connor, but I've been thinking and I've decided I'd much rather court Christian Stahl. The way he drinks coffee is adorable! I can't wait to meet him! Can you get me the hook-up with him? Maybe just say a few good words about me and get the ball rolling? You'd totally be my bro if you did that.

(Now, I don't want you to think that I'm a player, but if Christian isn't available for some reason I am willing to default to the guy who plays Connor. So put in a good word for me with him also. ;) )

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing your movie and wish you much success with it! :daniel_new_anime021:

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
Hi Will :)

Thanks for the info on contacting the guy who plays Connor, but I've been thinking and I've decided I'd much rather court Christian Stahl. The way he drinks coffee is adorable! I can't wait to meet him! Can you get me the hook-up with him? Maybe just say a few good words about me and get the ball rolling? You'd totally be my bro if you did that.

(Now, I don't want you to think that I'm a player, but if Christian isn't available for some reason I am willing to default to the guy who plays Connor. So put in a good word for me with him also. ;) )

At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing your movie and wish you much success with it! :daniel_new_anime021:

You gotta love ape for being ape. :icon_rotflmao::smiley-laughing024:

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
non profit? so you basicly you are saying that you aint paying diddly shit.... and the Project is yet ANOTHER shitty german fanfilm..

no thanks.

yes, indeed, the classic OMNI we all know and love... :smiley_squee:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Welcome back, Will! :daniel_new_anime021:

I see you still have the angry lesbian cast as the only female on the crew. And you've still got the screaming queen playing the villain Goa'uld. Mein Gott in Himmel. :facepalm:

At any rate, I'm still waiting on Christian Stahl to give me a call. Now would probably be a good time as I just got a bikini wax and my "man kitty" is as smooth as the Autobahn. I guarantee he'd never forget a night with me. (He can drive as fast as he wants on my tollway, but tell him to watch out for the curves! :cat: )

Okay, I hear the guard approaching on his rounds so I have to go (I don't want another beating). But please tell mi amor Herr Stahl that I await the blitzkrieg he's going to pull on my suzy when we finally meet.

Achtung baby!

Shaved Ape

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
@Overmind One:
Sorry, i aplologize, i meant that you do not have to pay Money (Google Translate).

@shavedape

I will allow you to put a link to your project website in your signature if you want to. Welcome back to the forums, BTW. :)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
omg omg omg... so ridiculiusly f'cking TERRIBLE...

im about to burst!!!!!!!!!!!

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Omni, was it just me, or was the stepping through the wormhole effect photo shopped?
It looked like the tie fighters in the original SW 4, replete with "little box" around it.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
omg omg omg... so ridiculiusly f'cking TERRIBLE...

im about to burst!!!!!!!!!!!

They introduced the characters in that clip. They all come out of the wormhole, and the effect might have been done with After Effects or something else, but what exactly is the "terrible" part if no story has even been told yet? Is it the characters? Im still optimistic about it because it is a fan film, not a feature from a big studio. :)

Dude, if you had been a drill instructor in the Marines, you would be under investigation for killing recruits about now. :anim_59:
Omni, was it just me, or was the stepping through the wormhole effect photo shopped?
It looked like the tie fighters in the original SW 4, replete with "little box" around it.

Even I can answer that one. No, not photoshopped. It looks like Adobe After Effects, and what tir fighters are you talking about? What square? Please give time index.

Am I not seeing the right video clip?

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Dude, are you telling me you never noticed the "black square" around the Tie fighters in SW: A new hope in the battle when the falcon escaped the Death star?

If you still have access to the *originals* have a look at that section.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Dude, are you telling me you never noticed the "black square" around the Tie fighters in SW: A new hope in the battle when the falcon escaped the Death star?

If you still have access to the *originals* have a look at that section.

Yes, I remember that but I dont see it in that clip. I have After Effects myself and I recognize the effect. :) It would actually take more time to use existing footage to make that instead of using a green screen and After Effects.