Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
$392.8 million worldwide box office, against a $250+ million budget.

:smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024::smiley-laughing024:

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Looks like the "course correction" is nothing more than marketing and advertising the movie. As in allowing more time and using more people to advertise the movie. These fuckers don't really listen to their fans do they?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Looks like the "course correction" is nothing more than marketing and advertising the movie. These fuckers don't really listen to their fans do they?

It's easy to see how this will play out. People will NOT line up at the theaters, and there will be some scouts that go and see the film, then plaster their reviews across social media. What they say will determine the run of the film. Nobody is going to be fooled by this film, and it will bomb in China too (probably)

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
Can you elaborate on the link? My ad blockers won't let me read it. I'm assuming it's the announcement of a series for the characters in Rogue One. If so, it sounds like a HUGE waste of time.
ROGUE ONE STAR WARS PREQUEL SERIES ANNOUNCED FOR DISNEY'S STREAMING SERVICE
Get ready for more of the Rebel Captain.
BY JESSIE WADE
Disney CEO and Chairman Bob Iger announced Thursday that a second Star Wars live-action series is in development for Disney's streaming service, Disney+.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
BY JESSIE WADE
Disney CEO and Chairman Bob Iger announced Thursday that a second Star Wars live-action series is in development for Disney's streaming service, Disney+.

WHAT? So, they figure because the movie did well, they can milk it with a series? Bahahaha! How do they plan to do this? I know WHY they are doing it. There is Darth Vader available, Han, Lando, Yoda, Obi Wan, Chewie and R2D2 and C3P0 are all in that part of the timeline along with all the Jedi and even Palpatine. The problem with it is the timeline. We already saw it play out to the beginning of Episode IV, and everything is already done in that timeline by the end of that movie. They will ruin it with this series. And NO, I am not going to pay for a Disney streaming service to watch it.

BY JESSIE WADE
WHAT? So, they figure because the movie did well, they can milk it with a series? Bahahaha! How do they plan to do this? I know WHY they are doing it. There is Darth Vader available, Han, Lando, Yoda, Obi Wan, Chewie and R2D2 and C3P0 are all in that part of the timeline along with all the Jedi and even Palpatine. The problem with it is the timeline. We already saw it play out to the beginning of Episode IV, and everything is already done in that timeline by the end of that movie. They will ruin it with this series. And NO, I am not going to pay for a Disney streaming service to watch it.

My God, can Disney get anymore cynical and greedy? :facepalm:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
still haven't seen it! :P

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

OMFG, that article deserves it's own hate thread! I have not gone to Esquire to read it. They will have to be shown that you can't diss the fans. How many "franchises" have fallen because of fan anger? Stargate, Star Trek, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Starship Troopers, Dr Who, Ghostbusters, Terminator franchise, Alien franchise...

In a huge way, fans and franchises are yin and yang of each other. Fans latch on to something they like, they patronize it and things associated with it, they create fan fiction and do cosplay and make said thing popular and valuable. Then, somebody sees the value and invests lots of money into it which raises the quality of it (sometimes), then they create spinoff products and other things related to the first thing and we now have a franchise. Only when the idea of the original things is lost or buried does it get rejected by the fans who made it popular in the first place. This is what has killed every "franchise" which has died in this fashion.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is a great video!

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
I read that the actor who played C3PO shot his last scenes today, or at least recently. I guess we'll be seeing C3PO in episode 9.