Star Wars "Rebels"

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I like Ezra. :) Im just at a loss to understand why these rebel Jedi decided to train him even though he is already quite old (in Padawan terms). Even that infantile Anakin they used in the prequels was considered too old and to me he looked about age 7. And Kanan. Is he a Jedi Master? His skills seem more like he is a Padawan with incomplete training, as do the rest of the Ghost crew. Still, I like the crew of the Ghost, including Ezra. But I truly despise Chopper now. It's like they took the worst ADHD, annoying and overactive kid they could find and transplanted his brain into that dumbass robot. Can this thing be enlarged to accommodate larger stuff?

View attachment 30886

I like the show's versions of R2D2 and C3PO, although they seem to have made C3PO a bit bitchier, and also snobbier. R2D2 was badass in the Clone Wars, but in this he just has bit parts. But what were they trying to do with Chopper? I shudder to think who in the viewing audience would identify with him. His behavior is just annoying, not funny. R2 is funny to me. Chopper, well....

View attachment 30887

With all that said, Im still hooked and I love this show. :)

though obviously many Jedi and Jedi order force sensitives survived ord 66--there are still far fewer then before and they are flung all over the galaxy

so i am thinking the Rebels will take in any would Jedi they find

and there is something about his parents that they haven't quite revealed yet,so....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Okay, I marathoned this series season 1, and I loved it. :) I am getting used to Chopper, but they are trying too hard to make him cool and loveable like R2D2. Smarter too. But somehow Im not buying it. I liked the episode with Yoda's voice and the hidden temple. I like Ezra's lightsaber a whole lot better than that lame plasma slingshot thingie that didnt seem to be able to kill anything. :) It seems like they are using this series to retcon things into Star Wars NuCanon (without the EU). I wouldnt be a bit surprised to see Chopper or Ezra in the movie somewhere. They need Ashoka in this series. :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
REX LIVES!!!

AND HOLY CRAP I was right!!!! (well technically someone else on the blog regarding the new 'scrubbed' canon of SW's was right)

Some clones did indeed resist order 66

either they deprogrammed themselves (remember the clone wars ep in last season where the one clone discovered the order in his 'memory'?) or they were out of range of the order

which means that whatever Jedi were with this unit survived also

trailer on season 2 released at SW convention today

we get more Vader and Tano as well

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
REX LIVES!!!

AND HOLY CRAP I was right!!!! (well technically someone else on the blog regarding the new 'scrubbed' canon of SW's was right)

Some clones did indeed resist order 66

either they deprogrammed themselves (remember the clone wars ep in last season where the one clone discovered the order in his 'memory'?) or they were out of range of the order

which means that whatever Jedi were with this unit survived also

trailer on season 2 released at SW convention today

we get more Vader and Tano as well

the actual trailer--looks less and less like a "kids show"

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
the actual trailer--looks less and less like a "kids show"

Is that Ashoka in the trailer? It does not look like her anymore...facial features changed in an extreme way. But the show looks good.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Is that Ashoka in the trailer? It does not look like her anymore...facial features changed in an extreme way. But the show looks good.

Yes, the one with the "zebra stripe" head thingies is Ashoka--did you not yet watch the last ep of season 1 yet? She was in that

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Neither TCW or Rebels is strictly a kids show.
If your threshold of something being for kids is "it's animated", I recommend you take your kids/nephews/nieces to go watch legend of the overfiend, or Hellsing, or Beserk, or any other number of animated shows.

"cartoons" are not just for kids, and assuming that they are is foolish.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Neither TCW or Rebels is strictly a kids show.
If your threshold of something being for kids is "it's animated", I recommend you take your kids/nephews/nieces to go watch legend of the overfiend, or Hellsing, or Beserk, or any other number of animated shows.

"cartoons" are not just for kids, and assuming that they are is foolish.

I do not consider either TCW or Rebels to be cartoons. To me, cartoons are anime and stuff like South Park and Family Guy.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I was referring to the content matter not the medium in which it is delivered

in fact-it was I back in the clone wars thread who first pointed out to someone that you shouldn't dismiss CW's simply because it is in a cartoon medium

disney and cartoon network have a few shows on that are 'dual purpose'-they have messages and content/dialogue that can be viewed or understood differently based on one's age

I am sure there is much in REBELS that goes over the 7yr old's head while they are fixated on chopper

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I'm sure they want to keep the momentum going until the movie is released. I suspect we'll get another season of the show in Autumn too.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Forgot that Season 2 was starting this month. Just caught the tail end of the premiere. Will have to catch the whole thing sometime soon.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Forgot that Season 2 was starting this month. Just caught the tail end of the premiere. Will have to catch the whole thing sometime soon.

yeah--that was just a teaser movie to hold us over

i keep on waiting for my DVR to pick up the next ep but then I found out that S2 doesn't actually start until the Fall

looks like the plot will be shifting to more of the big picture type of stuff instead of smuggling, etc

looking forward to seeing the now aged clones (Cpt Rex and his troops)