STAR TREK: VOYAGER leadership poll

If Janeway had been lost, who of the following would have made the most logical choice for CPT?

• Chakotay

• Seven

• Neelix

• Tuvok

• Tom Paris

• other-state why below

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
What about Harry Kim though?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Harry is too immature and emotion driven to be a captain IMO. He rivals Deanna Troi and B'Elanna in emotional reactionism. He takes unwise risks and is easily influenced.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Harry is too immature and emotion driven to be a captain IMO. He rivals Deanna Troi and B'Elanna in emotional reactionism. He takes unwise risks and is easily influenced.
But because he's been through a lot of that he has grown and matured a lot. Early seasons Kim for Captain, no. Later seasons Kim, maybe.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
But because he's been through a lot of that he has grown and matured a lot. Early seasons Kim for Captain, no. Later seasons Kim, maybe.

yes he was immature, and that was revealed in script. he was the newest officer on the ship

there were ppl on board who were less experienced/ more emotional than him but they were non officer crewmen like Tal Celes

but after 7 yrs, the guy should have been promoted once! i am sure starfleet has some kind of 'time in rank' and then an automatic promotion so long as you are not a total waste

i mean Paris was demoted and promoted back in a year, and he was a ex felon and committed mutiny while on VOYAGER

i am thinking that the over looking of Kim's promotion was a writing oversight perhaps? on the same level as Maj Davis in SG1!

In the real world military, guy like that- a major for 10 yrs or so, would have been rifted (forced out) a long time prior

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
yes he was immature, and that was revealed in script. he was the newest officer on the ship

there were ppl on board who were less experienced/ more emotional than him but they were non officer crewmen like Tal Celes

but after 7 yrs, the guy should have been promoted once! i am sure starfleet has some kind of 'time in rank' and then an automatic promotion so long as you are not a total waste

i mean Paris was demoted and promoted back in a year, and he was a ex felon and committed mutiny while on VOYAGER

i am thinking that the over looking of Kim's promotion was a writing oversight perhaps? on the same level as Maj Davis in SG1!

In the real world military, guy like that- a major for 10 yrs or so, would have been rifted (forced out) a long time prior

Harry Kim should have been promoted to Lieutenant during Season 4 when Seven came onboard. I think Janeway should have promoted him.