Star Trek TNG Being Converted To HD By CBS Paramount

heisenberg

Earl Grey
Yeah I think they are doing this on a trial basis and see what the reaction are. I wouldn't mind having a peek what the difference between HD/SD star trek are. I am sure there is a significant difference. I once used to neglect HD content and just settle for SD. That is until I saw true HD.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
A little off thread, but HD or not, and despite its being produced with "old" tech, I find the opening sequences of both TNG and VOYAGER to be some of the best that TV has ever made

I really like the B5 opening visuals as well

though these could be surpassed by current production tech-no one is doing it. I also think I find these 3 shows to be the best because they were among the first to use these "big" visuals of space

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
A little off thread, but HD or not, and despite its being produced with "old" tech, I find the opening sequences of both TNG and VOYAGER to be some of the best that TV has ever made

I really like the B5 opening visuals as well

though these could be surpassed by current production tech-no one is doing it. I also think I find these 3 shows to be the best because they were among the first to use these "big" visuals of space

I think that HD Trek is 100% better than the original, but I don't see a justification to buy the box set in HD. Why redo it in HD unless it is to make more money on it? They have already made, and are STILL making a ton on rerun rights.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It depends a lot on the work that is done; the quality of it. For example, the remastered Star Trek TOS is a tremendous upgrade from the original. They did more than just upscale it; they reshot all of the space scenes and a lot of the planetary ones got hugely upgraded visuals also. If they do that to TNG I'm okay with it. If they just upscale it no interest.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It depends a lot on the work that is done; the quality of it. For example, the remastered Star Trek TOS is a tremendous upgrade from the original. They did more than just upscale it; they reshot all of the space scenes and a lot of the planetary ones got hugely upgraded visuals also. If they do that to TNG I'm okay with it. If they just upscale it no interest.
I did not say I would not acquire it. I simply will not pay for it.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

Yeah I like the long opening sequences with the good soundtrack and space visuals. They really set the mood for the show. These days it's all the shorter the better or no intro at all because time is money.

I think that HD Trek is 100% better than the original, but I don't see a justification to buy the box set in HD. Why redo it in HD unless it is to make more money on it? They have already made, and are STILL making a ton on rerun rights.

New future Star Trek fans are born every day. Kids these days grow up with high tech compared to when we did. I suppose they wouldn't be enticed as much by "lower quality" visuals and by remastering the show they are making it more palatable to the younger audiences. This is good for us, because the more Star Trek fans are out there, the more new shows and movies they will make.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yeah I like the long opening sequences with the good soundtrack and space visuals. They really set the mood for the show. These days it's all the shorter the better or no intro at all because time is money.

New future Star Trek fans are born every day. Kids these days grow up with high tech compared to when we did. I suppose they wouldn't be enticed as much by "lower quality" visuals and by remastering the show they are making it more palatable to the younger audiences. This is good for us, because the more Star Trek fans are out there, the more new shows and movies they will make.

Also, (hopefully) they will watch them and realize that the new Trek is utter CRAP. :anim_59: