Star Trek ENT: General Discussion Thread

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Still, you gotta admit that this show is better than STD. :icon_lol:

Its because of STD that I now like Enterprise so much! :) At least it is still Star Trek.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
wow page 1 of this thread-all those old members

spooky voice>>> "Where are they now......?"

i guess i chased them off :(

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Can you imagine a Stargate show coming along that is so bad it makes SGU look good? I can't see that happening but then again, I didn't see the train wreck that is STD coming along either. :icon_lol:

give stargate origins a full watch--you'll then be burning sacrifices to all the sky gods for SGU to get renewed! :)

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I was reading page 1 and wondering who all those people were. Rocket_Robbie_Pants sounds like a name that I can rip off.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
give stargate origins a full watch--you'll then be burning sacrifices to all the sky gods for SGU to get renewed! :)

I did, and I didn't. That is, I did watch all the episodes, and I did NOT want SGU to be renewed. :smiley-015:To me, SGU is still worse than Discovery's worst episode.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
Lol. You are both so right about Scott Bakula's facial expressions. LMAO.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
And the Xindi...where the hell did they come from, and more importantly, where did they go before Kirk and Spock came on the scene

after the peace deal, the reptilians settled down on a nice warm and humid planetoid and took up crochet and needlepoint, tye dye and silk manufacture. they turned all of their ships into high speed thread spindlers

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
after the peace deal, the reptilians settled down on a nice warm and humid planetoid and took up crochet and needlepoint, tye dye and silk manufacture. they turned all of their ships into high speed thread spindlers

Yep, and the Xindi became such a beloved member of the Federation (as stated by Daniel the Traveler) that by Picard's time they were serving on Federation starships and that "bad little thing" they did with the probe in Florida was wiped from the history database in an act of good faith. Oh, and none of the later captains were briefed on the Xindi weapon, and none of the technology used to build the weapon ever made it into Federation technological databases for possible future use. Sure....

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Didn't you know? What happened was that agents J10 and K10 of MiB (Men in Black) executed the first ever use of the Galactic Neuralizer!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
that "bad little thing" they did with the probe in Florida

hey, inter-galactic bad shit happens...but we all have to look past our differences and forgive one another

Oh, and none of the later captains were briefed on the Xindi weapon, and none of the technology used to build the weapon

it was banned tech. right? oh well..should have. no one in the Milky Way's 4 quadrants needs that type of a assault weapon.

what does any species need with their very own genocidal weapon system? home defense? nope! the federation has excellent response times when called

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
hey, inter-galactic bad shit happens...but we all have to look past our differences and forgive one another

it was banned tech. right? oh well..should have. no one in the Milky Way's 4 quadrants needs that type of a assault weapon.

what does any species need with their very own genocidal weapon system? home defense? nope! the federation has excellent response times when called

I don't recall it being banned. I know that thaeleron is banned, so are nucleogenic and biological weapons. But this thing was a beam weapon. The power source I don't remember them talking about. But we know the reactor could be overloaded. At the very least, there could have been potential phaser enhancement. The outer shell could provide improvements in ship hulls, etc. Not to mention the massively wide swath of land scorched by the probe and the 7 million killed.

For that sort of trampling, much of the scorn against this series is deserved. But I forgive them in the face of the Discovery abomination wearing its stolen shoes and garments and calling itself Star Trek.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't recall it being banned. I know that thaeleron is banned, so are nucleogenic and biological weapons. But this thing was a beam weapon. The power source I don't remember them talking about. But we know the reactor could be overloaded. At the very least, there could have been potential phaser enhancement. The outer shell could provide improvements in ship hulls, etc. Not to mention the massively wide swath of land scorched by the probe and the 7 million killed.

For that sort of trampling, much of the scorn against this series is deserved. But I forgive them in the face of the Discovery abomination wearing its stolen shoes and garments and calling itself Star Trek.

hmmm yes....sarcasm is a fine art in both its telling and receiving :)

on the introducing things and peoples that should have been in either TOS---especially TOS or TNG but were new in an 'old' galaxy---\too much of it. the whole issue of the xindi space being dangerous and unknown, killing crews, stranding them etc. All that should of had some mention in the other shows.

if they could just take an existing show and write backwards from it and stay true it would be great. i think then did a great job with the Andorians and tellerites, orions, even the Romulans and Klingons (probably the best 'backstory' they did)

Shram the Andorian was a great character played by a great actor.

The vulcans of course were problematic. they were trying to tell the story of vulcan being in a period of internal doubt/strife stirred by romulan agents, etc

the thing though, is IDT they did enough explaining of why this was; why were the vulcans in possession of a war fleet? why was there an insurgency on vulcan? i got enough to see "a" point.. but i think a lot of people were just expecting to see an extension of what we knew of vulcan from tos and the final frontier without expansion of it.

--------------------------
DISCOVERY makes nearly every 'bad' piece of sci fi look far more appealing then it was before

who's up for a viewing of KRULL and see its merits in the face of STD? :)

Last edited: