Star Trek Continues: The real Star Trek reboot you have been missing...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I just donated $20 to help with the show . Every bit helps I figure .

:) :) :)

I have donated to this project too, like I did for Phase II. Im sort of excited about Axanar, but that project is too expensive IMO. The mistake Axanar is making is using the original actors from the TNG universe in the fan project. Seems to me they are going for just a pilot to pitch instead of a complete show. Neither Phase II or Star Trek Continues expected for Paramount or anyone else to "pick up" the project. I think Axanar does. HOWEVER, I donated to them too. :)

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
FOund this this morning . Wow

So, the original storyline wanted to take the Enterprise outside the galaxy? I'm glad they went the other direction instead and decided not discard science-fiction in favor of science-fantasy. :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So, the original storyline wanted to take the Enterprise outside the galaxy? I'm glad they went the other direction instead and decided not discard science-fiction in favor of science-fantasy. :icon_lol:

This "pilot" or whatever it is, became the episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before" with the two crewmembers who gained magical Q powers and became "gods" A male and a female...remember that? :) I had no idea they were originally going to go out of the galaxy to start the episode.

Bluce Ree

There was a pilot of the second series "Star Trek Phase II" before they decided to turn it into a feature film:

Kirk with a Beetles haricut. :icon_lol:

Scene from the unaired tv pilot "Star Trek phase ii" 1977. William Shatner as Captain Kirk, now married with children, having an existential moment. Robert Reed as his first mate.
--- merged: Sep 26, 2014 at 8:38 AM ---
This "pilot" or whatever it is, became the episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before" with the two crewmembers who gained magical Q powers and became "gods" A male and a female...remember that? :) I had no idea they were originally going to go out of the galaxy to start the episode.

Yeah and I'm glad they trimmed out the intergalactic garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
FOund this this morning . Wow

That pilot had a bit of the feel of Voyage to The Bottom of the Sea with the helmsman being from that series . I'm glad they went there own route . Voyage was great as a kid but it can't compare to the magic of Star Trek which as an adult still makes you have interest in the original and these new continuations which are beyond spectacularly impressively amazingly astoundingly enjoyable .

Bluce Ree

That pilot had a bit of the feel of Voyage to The Bottom of the Sea with the helmsman being from that series . I'm glad they went there own route . Voyage was great as a kid but it can't compare to the magic of Star Trek which as an adult still makes you have interest in the original and these new continuations which are beyond spectacularly impressively amazingly astoundingly enjoyable .

I also noticed Spock smiles way too much. And those brows ... damn! :icon_lol:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I also noticed Spock smiles way too much. And those brows ... damn! :icon_lol:

Spock broke out into full on ear to ear smiles and grins in The Menagerie and Where No Man Has Gone Before. In season 2, he smirked a few times, but he did not become the stoic man of Logic until the second half of season 2 and all of season 3 and beyond.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Just started watching The Farragut . Hmmm , why is it that I feel some hottie is gonna walk on screen soon and start giving someone a hummer . Not even near the quality of acting in Star Trek Continues but still enjoyable none the less .

Now we just need someone to get Stargate Atlantis rebooted . ,,, . No hummers please . That was for SGPoo

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Just started watching The Farragut . Hmmm , why is it that I feel some hottie is gonna walk on screen soon and start giving someone a hummer . Not even near the quality of acting in Star Trek Continues but still enjoyable none the less .

Now we just need someone to get Stargate Atlantis rebooted . ,,, . No hummers please . That was for SGPoo

The acting is much less professional...but it isnt horrible. :) The crew of the Farragut is not as interesting as that of the Enterprise crew, and the acting is not as good, but the writing is still on the same level. That is what makes it watchable to me. :)

Speaking of SGpoo, I recently did a rewatch of a few episodes, and even though in another thread I said I would welcome it back around now, I probably wouldnt. It is still horrible to me. The episode where the dead people came back and TJ was pathetically looking around in the shiny new shuttle for her dead baby was just dumb. The acting in SGpoo is decidedly subpar.

Last edited:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Found this this morning whilst goofing around on you tube . It has few wonderfully familiar faces

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I have been munching on Star Trek fan stuff on YouTube, and the winner still looks to be Star Trek Continues. They have the best and most believable Kirk, Spock, Uhura and Scotty. Sulu and Chekhov are kinda off, but not terrible. They also have the best looking production on every level. If you didn't know it was fan made, it could easily be any actual episode in TOS.

The one I just watched in the Mirror Universe one which continues the one from TOS on the dark side of the mirror with the Terran Empire. It is awesome...watch it here (posted above earlier):

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So this is better than Phase II?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
So this is better than Phase II?

MUCH. Watch it. The difference is in the acting and writing and the CGI and the overall post production of it. It feels much more polished and professional. Star Trek Phase II has been around the longest, and they have their own sets. But Star Trek Continues, although the newest full fledged Fan Trek production, has the best sets, the best actors and production values of all of them and lots more money. It is the truest version of TOS out there by far. If they didnt add graininess and do it in 4:3, it would be on the level of the feature films in terms of quality.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Just watched the one you posted. I do like a lot of the way it is done - but not sold on the guy playing Spock. He does the lines but doesn't seem to "get" the mannerisms. However the polish of the rest of it compensates.

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
Spock is a tough one to do . The guy doin Kirk is awesome ...
It's just quite impressive to see them move the show forward as if it really never ended after 3 seasons ...
3 thumbs up !!!