**SPOILER** The Rise of Skywalker **SPOILER**

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
the movie should have been set around palpatine and his original plan for when he basically created the skywalker family, as well as his Sith operations. Rey and the others could have been the "heroes" in this still ,but the focus they were given was too much and badly done

It had to resolve who Rey was and it did. Other than the first two movies (1977, 1980) they seemed to have trouble developing an "outside" character who was anything like Han Solo. I think that is why the other movies fall flat.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
haven't seen it but it sounds like a massive headache. I loved Rogue one, haven't seen Disney's tv shows.
as for Palpatain looking old scarred and ugly...picture of dorian gray anyone, the evil of his soul shows in his countenance.
maybe he did not know of his offspring?

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
haven't seen it but it sounds like a massive headache. I loved Rogue one, haven't seen Disney's tv shows.
as for Palpatain looking old scarred and ugly...picture of dorian gray anyone, the evil of his soul shows in his countenance.

To answer any of that, I would have to spoil it for you. I frankly hated The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. But I think the reasons for hating them are more personal based on previous Star Wars than anything else. Visually, they are impressive. But if you are connected to the Star Wars lore in any way, you will hate it. I am not even a rabid fan of Star Wars and I can see how much they have destroyed the canon of it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
To answer any of that, I would have to spoil it for you. I frankly hated The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker. But I think the reasons for hating them are more personal based on previous Star Wars than anything else. Visually, they are impressive. But if you are connected to the Star Wars lore in any way, you will hate it. I am not even a rabid fan of Star Wars and I can see how much they have destroyed the canon of it.
the smashed too much together and came up with "bbbllllaaaahhhhh!!!"

a movie that was centered far more around the how and why of Palpatine's plans and actions with Rey and Kylo in it, would hav ebeen far better received by fans

think of it.. we saw the beginning of palpatine's plans in the pre quels.. what a good bookend it would have been to have this film be focused on him

YJ02

Well Known GateFan

skip it and watch the Mandalorian, the new season of clone wars, and all of rebels instead... they are far far better

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
skip it and watch the Mandalorian, the new season of clone wars, and all of rebels instead... they are far far better
Agreed. They have not messed up Star Wars on TV at all, and in fact the Mandalorian is a bona fide hit even if I think it could be better. I am hearing stirrings that Disney may use a Legends idea (even George Lucas says this is the case) that Boba Fett escaped the sarlacc pit, protected by his armor. If true, then he could appear in the Mandalorian. They are supposedly introducing the first live-action Ahsoka in it as well. I will post what I can later.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

I would put it like this:

The Last Jedi was not only a bad movie but actually loathsome - this is in Star Trek Into Darkness territory. Horrible scripting that damaged canon, disrespect for the OT characters and reeks of woke SJW-isam to the point where the film feels mean spirited.

The Rise of Skywalker is also a bad movie, with a script that feels like a bunch of scripts put into a blender. On the other hand, it did get rid of the woke SJW-ism and Abrams actually tried (and somewhat succeeded) to fix Rey and Kylo. He also did a decent farewell to Leia. This movie does not feel mean spirited (but you may require Thorazine after watching it...).

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Agreed. They have not messed up Star Wars on TV at all, and in fact the Mandalorian is a bona fide hit even if I think it could be better. I am hearing stirrings that Disney may use a Legends idea (even George Lucas says this is the case) that Boba Fett escaped the sarlacc pit, protected by his armor. If true, then he could appear in the Mandalorian. They are supposedly introducing the first live-action Ahsoka in it as well. I will post what I can later.

We got that up in the MANDALORIAN thread :)

ahsoka, bo katan, boba fett, cpt rex and pretty good chance of seeing Sabine Wren as she was last seen with Ahsoka

with Fett, if he is too appear in real time (not a flash back) then he did escape the sarlacc, however, it is already in canon that his armor has been taken by a Tatooine drifter named Cobb Vanth who got Fetts armor from the Jawas

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Now, there is a plan afoot to actually ERASE the entire sequel trilogy from canon and shunt it off into the Legends stories. This is not a fan rumor, it is allegedly corporate brainstorig within the George Lucas loyalists at Lucasfilm. Both Doomcock and Midnight's Edge have covered this.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes. Basically the writers of Rebels were in on the plan to fix Star Wars early and wrote the plot element of the Veil of the Force to create a way to fork the timelines. The way to fix things is they reveal that Palpatine survived his fall in RotJ by use of the Veil and that the Veil can be used to undo the event. If Palpatine dies in the fall then the sequel plots never happen.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Now, there is a plan afoot to actually ERASE the entire sequel trilogy from canon and shunt it off into the Legends stories. This is not a fan rumor, it is allegedly corporate brainstorig within the George Lucas loyalists at Lucasfilm. Both Doomcock and Midnight's Edge have covered this.
good!!

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes. Basically the writers of Rebels were in on the plan to fix Star Wars early and wrote the plot element of the Veil of the Force to create a way to fork the timelines. The way to fix things is they reveal that Palpatine survived his fall in RotJ by use of the Veil and that the Veil can be used to undo the event. If Palpatine dies in the fall then the sequel plots never happen.

i heard they were thinking of doing something with spores and a red angel....

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
i heard they were thinking of doing something with spores and a red angel....

The matching element we have in Star Trek is The Guardian of Forever, and if this erasure treatment is ever needed for Star Trek, the Guardian is likely the tool they will use because you need to write a story around it. Q makes it too easy. My contacts tell me that Strange New Worlds is dead because there are no funding partners. Picard is hitting issues with insurance for Sir Patrick Stewart, and there is no distribution deal after Plinkett's review. That was a MASSIVE hit to Secret Hideout. ViacomCBS wants to sell the license.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
The matching element we have in Star Trek is The Guardian of Forever, and if this erasure treatment is ever needed for Star Trek, the Guardian is likely the tool they will use because you need to write a story around it. Q makes it too easy. My contacts tell me that Strange New Worlds is dead because there are no funding partners. Picard is hitting issues with insurance for Sir Patrick Stewart, and there is no distribution deal after Plinkett's review. That was a MASSIVE hit to Secret Hideout. ViacomCBS wants to sell the license.

geez! touchy? :) this is a SW's thread.. i was talking about the potential erasure of the SW's sequels

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
geez! touchy? :) this is a SW's thread.. i was talking about the potential erasure of the SW's sequels

I was just drawing a parallel. :) The Twitterverse and various YT channels doubt this is going to happen with sliding the Sequel trilogy off into a multiverse, but when you look at where the markers are for Star Wars right now, there is nowhere to go with it. Nobody likes Rey (at least from merchandising sales) or any of the new characters from the Disney Trilogy. The Skywalkers are all dead, the Jedi have morphed into wizards, the force powers have been scrambled and modified, and the return of Palpatine introduced all sorts of nonsense with clones and Exogol. It's unsalvageable at this point as far as films go. Favreau might just decide that this needs to happen to save the IP.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
and the return of Palpatine introduced all sorts of nonsense with clones and Exogol.

well i was being sarcastic :)

but

if they did ixnay the sequels, they should-- IMO and some others out there << I DO NOT STAND ALONE SIR!!! :) >> would like to see any re-do focus on the Palpatine story, because, at the core of it all,and in keeping with the canon established by the prequels and the tv shows, the whole shebang is about Sheev Palpatine of Naboo and his conniving plots over and above any Skywalker story

I mean, we know he "made" the Skywalker" family for his purposes; it would have been nice to see a proper end to his plots vis a vis the Skywalker's from his perspective

and why how why did he not 1- turn his son to the dark side and 2- not use Rey from her birth for his purposes? With his force powers, there is no way that his supposedly non force having son would have been able to hide both the pregancy of his wife and the both of Rey from him

and on those amazing new force powers,, i think there are only 2 that don't sync with an extension of what we have seen in canon-- just from the films and particularly from REBELS-- those would be the Leia "space walk" sans pressure suit and the way Kylo and Rey did the Force 'telepresence/telekinesis' thing

In REBELS we see that one's max force potential is much varied from person to person depending on how much of the force (midichlorians) they were born with. In Ezra, Ahsoka and Kanan..all either incompletely trained Jedi or with Ezra, no formal training at all-we see they all have accomplished force feats that exceed what we have seen Jedi masters have due to the fact of force capabilities differing from person to person---any of the three are all far more talented then even Kenobi for example

and, we know that force healing is in canon too ;)
images

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well if the rumors are correct they will use the Veil of the Force to prevent Palpatine from escaping his death in Return of the Jedi - this would instantly remove the entire Sequel Trilogy from history.

If they go this route they can even make new sequel movies and even have Rey and Kylo and Finn and such in them - just this time they would be written properly with actual arcs and relatability. They could just explain away Leia and Han sayin in this timeline they had already passed away and get Mark Hamill to return for a new future Luke that is respectful to his character.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well if the rumors are correct they will use the Veil of the Force to prevent Palpatine from escaping his death in Return of the Jedi - this would instantly remove the entire Sequel Trilogy from history.

If they go this route they can even make new sequel movies and even have Rey and Kylo and Finn and such in them - just this time they would be written properly with actual arcs and relatability. They could just explain away Leia and Han sayin in this timeline they had already passed away and get Mark Hamill to return for a new future Luke that is respectful to his character.

It is a brilliant plan, and makes for a very interesting story! It could be a great kickoff for a fourth trilogy. I would not really want Rey to be in it, plus an reased Palpatine return means that she would never have been born.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually Rey's parents would have to have been alive at the time of RotJ, remember Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter. Erasing Palpatine's avoiding death in RotJ would not erase her.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Actually Rey's parents would have to have been alive at the time of RotJ, remember Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter. Erasing Palpatine's avoiding death in RotJ would not erase her.
Yes, but Rey's father is supposed to be a clone of Palpatine, so genetically she is his daughter. They need to find a way to erase her, even if logic allows for her to continue to exist. No more Rey.