**SPOILER** The Rise of Skywalker **SPOILER**

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, but Rey's father is supposed to be a clone of Palpatine, so genetically she is his daughter. They need to find a way to erase her, even if logic allows for her to continue to exist. No more Rey.

yes,i saw where that was in the novel of ROS

dumb

have not and will not read it, but why would anyone allow a failed clone to reproduce biologically?

i suppose having the Bad Batch of special forces clones-a unit of 5 clone 'mistakes' with highly enhanced and specialized talents as a result, helps to serve as a type of "cover" for this weak explanation

that being something in canon via CW's s7, showing a reason for keeping 'failed clones' alive

BTW-- the Bad BATCH Squad are not shown taking part in order 66, and there is no accounting for them in the CW's final episode.. possible as failed clones they never got the chip implant? or they did and their rebellious nature may have caused them to reject the order as they did so many other orders.. may be possible we see them again in live action or in film

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It is a brilliant plan, and makes for a very interesting story! It could be a great kickoff for a fourth trilogy. I would not really want Rey to be in it, plus an reased Palpatine return means that she would never have been born.

You know, I wouldn't mind Rey or Kylo if they were written better. Rey was definitely a bit Mary Sue-ish in TFA but she was still a fun character. So was Kylo. It was The Last Jedi that totally ruined everything. TLJ was where all the SJW crap came flowing in, where they started treating the female characters as demigods and all the male characters were treated shabbily. TFA treated Han Solo pretty well - TLJ handled Luke so abusively it alienated the fanbase. If you're going to fix the problems you need to pinpoint the place they entered in and that place was The Last Jedi.