Spartacus: Vengeance (Season 2)

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
also new spartacus REALLY needs to bulk up... he looks like a little boy compared to everyone else..

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
indeed he's just to "generic" both looks and acting wise and he just doenst carry the power and unique proffesionalism that whitfield had and as such the show quality suffers imo
ie this season feels cheaper and less A quality tv and more on the far side of B quality would you agree?

not that ill stop watching tho as i want to see whaere they go but i wouldnt mind less "spartacus" and more of the other characters...

and i guess we'll see about gannicus :)

After the season one finale Kill Them All I really wondered where they could take this show. But the prequel was great and I'm glad that they blended some of those characters into season 2. Now that the gladiator part of it is over though I'm not sure how many compelling stories are left to be told. Add replacement Spartacus and it would seem like the show is doomed to fizzle out - fingers crossed though. ;)

OMNI

After the season one finale Kill Them All I really wondered where they could take this show. But the prequel was great and I'm glad that they blended some of those characters into season 2. Now that the gladiator part of it is over though I'm not sure how many compelling stories are left to be told. Add replacement Spartacus and it would seem like the show is doomed to fizzle out - fingers crossed though. ;)
well if the go by "history" we know how it will end and then the "fizzle out" theory is a most likly outcome
.. we'll have to wait and see as usual.

SciphonicStranger

well if the go by "history" we know how it will end and then the "fizzle out" theory is a most likly outcome
.. we'll have to wait and see as usual.

Ah yes, Spartacus didn't bring down the entire Roman empire. But perhaps he can take out Glaber and his wife. ;)

SciphonicStranger

Tonight's episode was a little more story leaning than action packed, but there was a death scene towards the end that was truly special. Great ending again too. :)

OMNI

i thought it was a great epidsode and indeed one could call that death scene ... unique :) and indeed it ended on a high thats for sure!

did you catch the promo for next week? seem like things are finally coming to a head :D

SciphonicStranger

I finally got caught up on Friday's episode. There were so many great scenes that I lost count. :)

OMNI

indeed a good episode and the story is really starting to pick up :)

also i knew it was spartacus' baby..

SciphonicStranger

indeed a good episode and the story is really starting to pick up :)

also i knew it was spartacus' baby..

Indeed - saw that one coming from a mile away. ;)

OMNI

this weeks episode was good and dissapointing.. guess they are following history...

SciphonicStranger

OK, the season finale was epic - they did not hold back on removing characters before season three. :D

OMNI

OK, the season finale was epic - they did not hold back on removing characters before season three. :D
INDEED! in true soartacus fasion they did not ;)

anyway WOW just saw it and WOW everything came toghether great in this one, tbh the season has had its ups and downs some eps being crap and a general feeling of cheese throughout but here they made it work i felt the scene with gannicus and anemeus and i felt the final scene between spartacus and glaber i dont know why but i did "FEEL" it maybe it was the visuals or just the statisfaction to see that glabber got what he deserved (tho i would have kept him alive for a long time and tortured his ass for my pleasure) but i just felt it all and it sort of clicked toghether.. anyway if they can keep this feeling that they nailed in this finale in season 3 with new spartacus and his crew im sure it will be EPIC! and i will def be watching!

this finale def rates high on my top 10 fave TV series finales along with sons of anarchy s3 finale SG1 season 7 finale and the like.

just wow..

SciphonicStranger

The Naevia vs Ashur scene was awesome. :)

SciphonicStranger

How may jugulars got sliced in that episode? I lost count. :P

G

Graybrew1

Just finished watching this last ep.
This show is just awesome. It seems nobody is safe.

My favorite character is Gannacus. :)Time to go free some more slaves and build that army up.

OMNI

Just finished watching this last ep.
This show is just awesome. It seems nobody is safe.

My favorite character is Gannacus. :)Time to go free some more slaves and build that army up.
hell to the YEAH!!! squee squee squee!!

so did anyone see the thing with lucreatia coming? i thought she really was going to get shoved over the cliff there and thats how they would end her but in retrospect she being FRACKING looney toones does make more sence for sure...

G

Graybrew1

I thought she was just going to steal the baby. I did not her killing herself and the baby at all. This show has such great twists.

OMNI

I thought she was just going to steal the baby. I did not her killing herself and the baby at all. This show has such great twists.
i was going between: 1. is she going to throw the baby off the edge? 2. throw herself and the baby off the edge? 3. just stand there and hold it up too the gods?

so yeah i was expecting a twist on a twist as the whole baby stealing thing was a twist to begin with...

meh great show anyhow...