Spartacus: Blood and Sand

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
ive been to rome twice and ive been once to egypt (only for 3 days and i only saw the pyramids at a distance).

and id like to visit america sometime but with my criminal record and the communist party thing i think my chances are quite slim of getting in.

however during my 3rd year of botany/gardening school i was offered a full payed internship (Praktik) in the states as one of my teachers had connections there but i declined and went to the netherlands instead suffice to say i cant remeber much of the 6 months i spent in noordholland :P

Vancouver eh? shame the sets of either SG show in all likeyhood wont be standing then..

Criminal record? Now I'm intrigued. :P

Why not go to Canada then? I've heard it's supposed to be a nice country and it comes with the bonus that you dont have to worry about paying huges sums of money if you get sick or injured there. :P

Ah, the Netherlands. Now that's another place I want to go to. No, I don't want to go because of pot, I just want to smell the tulips and look at the canals, and... oh to hell with, I'd probably just go there to get stoned. :P

Well I've heard a lot of great things from those relatives in the US when they talk about Vancouver. They've said it's one of the most beautiful cities in North America so I that's a reason go there. Though of course it's too bad that the SG sets won't be there.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
Criminal record? Now I'm intrigued. :P

Why not go to Canada then? I've heard it's supposed to be a nice country and it comes with the bonus that you dont have to worry about paying huges sums of money if you get sick or injured there. :P

Ah, the Netherlands. Now that's another place I want to go to. No, I don't want to go because of pot, I just want to smell the tulips and look at the canals, and... oh to hell with, I'd probably just go there to get stoned. :P

Well I've heard a lot of great things from those relatives in the US when they talk about Vancouver. They've said it's one of the most beautiful cities in North America so I that's a reason go there. Though of course it's too bad that the SG sets won't be there.

well my criminal record is colorfull to say the least suffice to say i had a few hectic years during my teens soemthing i regret and completly left behind when i moved from Stockholm to Västerås about 4 years ago sicne then ive become fat slow and lazy so the only crime im comitting now days is downloading and the occasional reefer.

well i originally went there for studies and to work but ti spent the evenings.. well you know...ehm Hungry ;) good fun tho nice country altho very flat and very windy.
and you better hurry up if you want to as the christian party is cracking down hard on the shops nowdays and for the love of god whatever you do dont go during the cup and try to get out of amsterdam and head north or something as its less tourist hate and generally friendlier people.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
ive been to rome twice and ive been once to egypt (only for 3 days and i only saw the pyramids at a distance).

and id like to visit america sometime but with my criminal record and the communist party thing i think my chances are quite slim of getting in.

however during my 3rd year of botany/gardening school i was offered a full payed internship (Praktik) in the states as one of my teachers had connections there but i declined and went to the netherlands instead suffice to say i cant remeber much of the 6 months i spent in noordholland :P

Vancouver eh? shame the sets of either SG show in all likeyhood wont be standing then..

No one will care about the communist party thing, in fact, it might help you get chicks (or guys) if you use it as a pick up line at a pub. ;) The criminal record thing, yeah, that might be problematic but not insurmountable.

Are you a botanist now? Vocation? Avocation? Lot's of botanical stuff here in the States if you are into that. My dad was a botanist and horticulturalist. Suffice to say there's scads of cool botanical stuff here in just about every region.

OMNI

No one will care about the communist party thing, in fact, it might help you get chicks (or guys) if you use it as a pick up line at a pub. ;) The criminal record thing, yeah, that might be problematic but not insurmountable.

Are you a botanist now? Vocation? Avocation? Lot's of botanical stuff here in the States if you are into that. My dad was a botanist and horticulturalist. Suffice to say there's scads of cool botanical stuff here in just about every region.
ok duly noted if i need to pick up chicks from the states sometime :)
and ye the record will def hamper any potential stateside visit im sure of it.
no i dont have a botany specific education its more of a general course and i focused more on the gardening/farming and currently im unemployed looking for work as a gardener while at the same time educating myself and studying 3D CG and FX all on my own inbetween all the jobhunting so my skillsets are somewhat scattered right now but i do enjoy growing foods spices and other things i find intresting.
also worthy of note is the school i attended was organic so i learned the real way of growing things without the need for poison ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
ok duly noted if i need to pick up chicks from the states sometime :)
and ye the record will def hamper any potential stateside visit im sure of it.
no i dont have a botany specific education its more of a general course and i focused more on the gardening/farming and currently im unemployed looking for work as a gardener while at the same time educating myself and studying 3D CG and FX all on my own inbetween all the jobhunting so my skillsets are somewhat scattered right now but i do enjoy growing foods spices and other things i find intresting.
also worthy of note is the school i attended was organic so i learned the real way of growing things without the need for poison ;)

Well now you have to tell us about your criminal record. Did it involve a riot? Did you throw a Molotov cocktail at some gendarmes? What were you protesting? Was it for something else, something non-political? Are you the guy who climbed into that museum window and stole Edvard Munch's The Scream ? Big jewel heist perhaps? Who played you in the movie version of your life, Matt Damon?

OMNI

Well now you have to tell us about your criminal record. Did it involve a riot? Did you throw a Molotov cocktail at some gendarmes? What were you protesting? Was it for something else, something non-political? Are you the guy who climbed into that museum window and stole Edvard Munch's The Scream ? Big jewel heist perhaps? Who played you in the movie version of your life, Matt Damon?

yes a few involve riots others are possession, assulting an officer of the law, assult and battering, driving with suspended licence, driving with no licence, vandalism, fleeing and evading, possession with intent to sell, and last but not least public urination.

note this all happened between the age of 14-21 for the last 4 years nothing and i owe it all to my mrs and moving far away from the "disruptive elements" i had around me at that time, this is nothing im at all proud of but its not something i hide from either as my past made me who i am today and i kinda like who i am now.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yes a few involve riots others are possession, assulting an officer of the law, assult and battering, driving with suspended licence, driving with no licence, vandalism, fleeing and evading, possession with intent to sell, and last but not least public urination.

note this all happened between the age of 14-21 for the last 4 years nothing and i owe it all to my mrs and moving far away from the "disruptive elements" i had around me at that time, this is nothing im at all proud of but its not something i hide from either as my past made me who i am today and i kinda like who i am now.

well that public urniation will be a problem...unless you want to go to san francisco...they don't seem to mind it there! :P

those are what is known as the "criminal" years for young men...most (but definitely not all) that get into trouble in those years will eventually "grow" out of it...they mature, get a job, meet a girl....oh you get the idea. then they stop the criminal behavior and never get "hard core"...so did you do any time? in the US you would have :P but it would have only been juvenile hall as it is known locally here.

hell we don't care about commies...half the gov't here are commies...we even have one in the senate. :P

OMNI

well that public urniation will be a problem...unless you want to go to san francisco...they don't seem to mind it there! :P

those are what is known as the "criminal" years for young men...most (but definitely not all) that get into trouble in those years will eventually "grow" out of it...they mature, get a job, meet a girl....oh you get the idea. then they stop the criminal behavior and never get "hard core"...so did you do any time? in the US you would have :P but it would have only been juvenile hall as it is known locally here.

hell we don't care about commies...half the gov't here are commies...we even have one in the senate. :P

lol ok noted ;)
indeed thats what i would call them and in retrospect most of my inzane behavior was to intese hormon levels and an undeveloped psyche that couldnt handle it so i acted out and got in alot of trouble bc of it.

and ye i met a girl thats what "saved" me i guess. yes i did 12 months in juvvie at 15 then i was forced to were an an ankle braclet for 14 months around 19 but no "hard time" so ive been lucky there.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
lol ok noted ;)
indeed thats what i would call them and in retrospect most of my inzane behavior was to intese hormon levels and an undeveloped psyche that couldnt handle it so i acted out and got in alot of trouble bc of it.

and ye i met a girl thats what "saved" me i guess. yes i did 12 months in juvvie at 15 then i was forced to were an an ankle braclet for 14 months around 19 but no "hard time" so ive been lucky there.

Sociologists are predicting China will be having some serious problems with that age cohort...mostly because of their one child policy there is a serious lack of females(...and we all know women tend to civilize men!:P) and the young men will have to look to neighboring countries for wives. there have already been some "bride snatching" raids into their neighbors to the south (Laos, myanmar, Vietnam) by some of the border villages. They (China) are so much more powerful than any of their neighbors who si going to complain? The "raids" are predicted to increase as time goes on. What can i say...I have sociology minor! :P

OMNI

Sociologists are predicting China will be having some serious problems with that age cohort...mostly because of their one child policy there is a serious lack of females(...and we all know women tend to civilize men!:P) and the young men will have to look to neighboring countries for wives. there have already been some "bride snatching" raids into their neighbors to the south (Laos, myanmar, Vietnam) by some of the border villages. They (China) are so much more powerful than any of their neighbors who si going to complain? The "raids" are predicted to increase as time goes on. What can i say...I have sociology minor! :P
Oh i dont doubt that. and personally i think most of us males should be kept under guard and heavily sedated during our most hormonal of years seeing as that would have saved me alot of trouble.. but in return i probably wouldve been an idiot by now then.. homer simpson class idiot :)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Oh i dont doubt that. and personally i think most of us males should be kept under guard and heavily sedated during our most hormonal of years seeing as that would have saved me alot of trouble.. but in return i probably wouldve been an idiot by now then.. homer simpson class idiot :)

I think most of us have portions of our youth that would shock others if they were to discover it. I could tell you stories that, well, you'd believe. I prefer to keep the details to myself (and my friends who were there at the time) but sometimes I marvel at the fact that I lived thru the stupid shit I did when I was a teen. Okay, I better stop or I'll start reminiscing and we can't have that, certainly not publicly. Suffice to say, some of the stuff I got up to made "Spartacus" look like a tea party. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You artist types.

well my criminal record is colorfull to say the least suffice to say i had a few hectic years during my teens soemthing i regret and completly left behind when i moved from Stockholm to Västerås about 4 years ago sicne then ive become fat slow and lazy so the only crime im comitting now days is downloading and the occasional reefer.

well i originally went there for studies and to work but ti spent the evenings.. well you know...ehm Hungry ;) good fun tho nice country altho very flat and very windy.
and you better hurry up if you want to as the christian party is cracking down hard on the shops nowdays and for the love of god whatever you do dont go during the cup and try to get out of amsterdam and head north or something as its less tourist hate and generally friendlier people.

With your talent, you could move to California and become a very very rich man. Not only that, reefer is LEGAL in my state for people who can prove they have a qualifying medical condition for its use. In my case, it was a long history of migraine headaches, which was being treated with Imitrex (injections). When that stopped working, my doctor actually recommended marijuana and I have not had a migraine for two years. I used to get about 6 PER YEAR. I dont like to get totally wasted on the stuff, but the feeling is pleasant and it made watching SGU so much easier! :icon_lol:.

Now about the criminal record part...much would depend on the TYPE of crime associated with it. Was it violent crime? Did any of it involve bodily harm of another? And at any time did your Communist affiliations ever figure into any of the things you did? In the US, some of that could be a dealbreaker.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
With your talent, you could move to California and become a very very rich man. Not only that, reefer is LEGAL in my state for people who can prove they have a qualifying medical condition for its use. In my case, it was a long history of migraine headaches, which was being treated with Imitrex (injections). When that stopped working, my doctor actually recommended marijuana and I have not had a migraine for two years. I used to get about 6 PER YEAR. I dont like to get totally wasted on the stuff, but the feeling is pleasant and it made watching SGU so much easier! :icon_lol:

Overmind taking his "pain medication" - or watching SGU (it's hard to tell the difference):

spock_joint.png

:D

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
With your talent, you could move to California and become a very very rich man. Not only that, reefer is LEGAL in my state for people who can prove they have a qualifying medical condition for its use. In my case, it was a long history of migraine headaches, which was being treated with Imitrex (injections). When that stopped working, ny doctor actually recommended marijuana and I have not had a migraine for two years. I used to get about 6 PER YEAR. I dont like to get totally wasted on the stuff, but the feeling is pleasant and it made watching SGU so much easier! :icon_lol:.

Now about the criminal record part...much would depend on the TYPE of crime associated with it. Was it violent crime? Did any of it involve bodily harm of another? And at any time did your Communist affiliations ever figure into any of the things you did? In the US, some of that could be a dealbreaker.

Yeah, Omni should move to Cali and start growing green leafy things... maybe even smoke them on occasion. :P

And here's the the trailer for the season finale of Gods of the Arena.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Fao5JRjt0

OMNI

With your talent, you could move to California and become a very very rich man. Not only that, reefer is LEGAL in my state for people who can prove they have a qualifying medical condition for its use. In my case, it was a long history of migraine headaches, which was being treated with Imitrex (injections). When that stopped working, my doctor actually recommended marijuana and I have not had a migraine for two years. I used to get about 6 PER YEAR. I dont like to get totally wasted on the stuff, but the feeling is pleasant and it made watching SGU so much easier! :icon_lol:.

maybe. oh and im perfectly aware of that and hey im an artist experimentin with mind altering substances tend to stimulate ones creativity ;)

and i remeber you telling me about your migraines in some thread here somewhere.

and about the record thing suffice to say i have a gut feeling it would raise eyebrows, nuff about that.

but canada shouldnt be a problem if i managed to get some internship in the CG biz around vancouver but the competition for those jobs are beyond fierce.

Overmind taking his "pain medication" - or watching SGU (it's hard to tell the difference):

View attachment 3288

:D
lol :)

Yeah, Omni should move to Cali and start growing green leafy things... maybe even smoke them on occasion. :P

And here's the the trailer for the season finale of Gods of the Arena.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Fao5JRjt0
yeah that'd be nice :)

and ooh final looks sweet ep5 really ended on a rather "wow" moment but i kinda saw it coming
and suspected lucretia from the get go.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
and ooh final looks sweet ep5 really ended on a rather "wow" moment but i kinda saw it coming
and suspected lucretia from the get go.

Indeed, but one thing that surprised me
was how Doctore's wife (I don't remember her name) died. I always thought that she would either be killed accidentally in fight between Gannicus and Doctore after Doctore finds out about her and Gannicus, or she would commit suicide. I really did not see it coming.

OMNI

Indeed, but one thing that surprised me
was how Doctore's wife (I don't remember her name) died. I always thought that she would either be killed accidentally in fight between Gannicus and Doctore after Doctore finds out about her and Gannicus, or she would commit suicide. I really did not see it coming.
indeed for such an integral part of the story it was wrapped up rather fast..
looking forward to the final episode to, judging from the trailer its going to be an epic one.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
looking forward to the final episode to, judging from the trailer its going to be an epic one.

I'm holding off on watching the trailer because I want to be surprised. They keep whipping out the wild surprises in each episode it seems. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the final one.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

True, but I can't say that I was disappointed with how they wrapped it up. Just surprised.

Indeed, I can't frakking wait! It's too bad that it's the final episode, but I think I'm going to start a Blood and Sand rewatch after it's done. I'm also planning on watching the first episodes of Sons of Anarchy tonight.

I'm holding off on watching the trailer because I want to be surprised. They keep whipping out the wild surprises in each episode it seems. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the final one.

I can understand that. I think that the final episode is going to be fantastic, probably not as fantastic as Blood and Sand's season finale, but still brilliant with loads of surprises up its sleeves.

OMNI

True, but I can't say that I was disappointed with how they wrapped it up. Just surprised.

Indeed, I can't frakking wait! It's too bad that it's the final episode, but I think I'm going to start a Blood and Sand rewatch after it's done. I'm also planning on watching the first episodes of Sons of Anarchy tonight.

I can understand that. I think that the final episode is going to be fantastic, probably not as fantastic as Blood and Sand's season finale, but still brilliant with loads of surprises up its sleeves.

no i wasnt dissapointed either mostly surprised and i kinda expected alittle more to it.. but it was still good.

yeah ive been conssidering a rewatch of blood and sand myself but i still have 8 episodes of SOA s3
before i will need to go all rerun while i wait for new eps of... something. ive also gotten a hold of boardwalk.. the first ep so its on my to watch list.

and hurrah!! SOA wont dissapoint they throw you right into it form the get go. takes an episode or 3 to get a grasp of the characters but once thats done it flows perfectly (imo anyway) s2 is however the best so far but s1 is integral. lemme know what you think when youve seen an episode or 2 ;)