Spartacus: Blood and Sand

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
True, but I can't say that I was disappointed with how they wrapped it up. Just surprised.

Indeed, I can't frakking wait! It's too bad that it's the final episode, but I think I'm going to start a Blood and Sand rewatch after it's done. I'm also planning on watching the first episodes of Sons of Anarchy tonight.

I can understand that. I think that the final episode is going to be fantastic, probably not as fantastic as Blood and Sand's season finale, but still brilliant with loads of surprises up its sleeves.

So let me get this straight, this will be the final episode of the series of "Gods of the Arena"? There won't be another season of it, correct? It was a prequel to "Blood and Sand"?

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
I'm holding off on watching the trailer because I want to be surprised. They keep whipping out the wild surprises in each episode it seems. Can't wait to see what they come up with for the final one.
right you havnt seen blood and sand yet have you? so i guess there are more surprises for you then there is for me and ESA, but some thing still surprise us. ;)
anyway you have to have a look at blood and sand and when you do ALOT of the subjects GOTA touches on will make perfect sence.
however imo GOTA is alittle rushed.. no not rushed.. what the word im looking for here? fast paced maybe? ye ill go with fast paced as its only 6 episodes and they want to touch on all of the history that provided the backstory for blood and sand so surprises and revelations are to be expected in each episode.

OMNI

So let me get this straight, this will be the final episode of the series of "Gods of the Arena"? There won't be another season of it, correct? It was a prequel to "Blood and Sand"?
exactly. and in some time season 2 of blood and sand will come out.
so my recomendation to you is when the finale ends of GOTA you should dive right into blood and sand.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
right you havnt seen blood and sand yet have you? so i guess there are more surprises for you then there is for me and ESA, but some thing still surprise us. ;)
anyway you have to have a look at blood and sand and when you do ALOT of the subjects GOTA touches on will make perfect sence.
however imo GOTA is alittle rushed.. no not rushed.. what the word im looking for here? fast paced maybe? ye ill go with fast paced as its only 6 episodes and they want to touch on all of the history that provided the backstory for blood and sand so surprises and revelations are to be expected in each episode.

Right, I haven't seen "Blood and Sand" yet but it sounds like it's really good. I'm loving GOTA and it's cool that I now have something to watch once it's done. It's like a guilty pleasure.

OMNI

Right, I haven't seen "Blood and Sand" yet but it sounds like it's really good. I'm loving GOTA and it's cool that I now have something to watch once it's done. It's like a guilty pleasure.
lol indeed with all the "sex drugs and rock and roll" it really is ;)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Exactly.

Indeed it is.

It may be worth mentioning that the last episode was the highest rated episode of both Gods of the Arena and Blood and Sand, getting 1,34 million viewers. I can see why. :beckettu:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-the-arena-rise-wizards-of-waverly-more/83372

OMNI

It may be worth mentioning that the last episode was the highest rated episode of both Gods of the Arena and Blood and Sand, getting 1,34 million viewers. I can see why. :beckettu:
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...-the-arena-rise-wizards-of-waverly-more/83372

sweet :) surprisingly low for a seiries of (imo) such caliber.
but i geuss since everything is filmed on stage with a greenscreen they can really keep the costs down and make it economicly viable.

its actually amazing how they can get it to look like they are outside when they really arnt.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
sweet :) surprisingly low for a seiries of (imo) such caliber.
but i geuss since everything is filmed on stage with a greenscreen they can really keep the costs down and make it economicly viable.

its actually amazing how they can get it to look like they are outside when they really arnt.

Well it's on Starz which is a pay-tv network like Canal+, so it doesn't need the same number of viewers as other shows to be financially viable. In fact it's the highest rated show on Starz, and it's gone up a lot from the premiere of Blood and Sand which got 0.66 million viewers, and that was still the highest rated original series premiere in the history of the network at that time.

OMNI

So ESA you seen it yet? the finale? i think it was great and another one riddled with surprises.
gannicus being set free batiatus sealing that douchebag into the foundations of the new arena and the final blood guts and gore fight in the end
an epic finale if thre ever was one, however blood and sand was def the better finale even tho if one knows history it was not as surprising ;)

still awesome tho.
anyone who hasnt seen this series you should def check it out.
I cant wait for s2 of blood and sand :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
So ESA you seen it yet? the finale? i think it was great and another one riddled with surprises.
gannicus being set free batiatus sealing that douchebag into the foundations of the new arena and the final blood guts and gore fight in the end
an epic finale if thre ever was one, however blood and sand was def the better finale even tho if one knows history it was not as surprising ;)

still awesome tho.
anyone who hasnt seen this series you should def check it out.
I cant wait for s2 of blood and sand :D

I saw it last night and I was all like "Ohhhh!". Very cool, especially the thing you mentioned in your spoiler. It was so fitting!

I still have to see the first series though, but this should help me to understand what's going on with it more I suspect.

OMNI

I saw it last night and I was all like "Ohhhh!". Very cool, especially the thing you mentioned in your spoiler. It was so fitting!

I still have to see the first series though, but this should help me to understand what's going on with it more I suspect.
i could see it until about an hour ago myself so im coming down from the high of the finale atm :D
and yes it was def fitting. but i didnt feel the last words batiatus had to say was neccesary as everyone knows it was a prequel but it was still awesome.

and im looking forward to seeing your reaction to blood and sand when youve seen it ;)
now ima have a drink (soda) and relax :)

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Nope, I've been occupied with alcohol related business this weekend. ;) I'm going to try and watch it later today when I'm not so hungover.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
I just watched the episode and..... WOW :eek: I had really high expectations for it, but it was much better than I though it would be. Too bad about the long wait for Blood & Sand season 2.

Gannicus being freed. I really did not see that coming. I actually thought that he would be defeated by Crixus.

OMNI

I just watched the episode and..... WOW :eek: I had really high expectations for it, but it was much better than I though it would be. Too bad about the long wait for Blood & Sand season 2.

Gannicus being freed. I really did not see that coming. I actually thought that he would be defeated by Crixus.

indeed it was great :) and atleast we HAVE s2 to look forward to ;)

and yes i kept waiting for gannicus to die even straight to the end i expected him to throw himself off the cliff.... so you think we'll see him again? in s2? kinda feels like crixus migth stumble onto him somwhere..