South Park

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
OK, I just caught the latest episode Crack Baby Athletic Association and I was...

:rotflmao:

Anyone else watching this show these days?

Atlantis

Well Known GateFan
I don't watch the show but I've heard that the quality of the show has significantly dropped. Its not funny like it used to be.

Red Mage

Boney
I haven't kept up regularly since season 9 where is when I feel the quality of the show dropped off drastically. There's still a few good episodes here and there but nothing matches the quality of seasons 3-7 where I think Trey Parker and Matt Stone were creatively at their best.

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
lmao!! i loved crack baby basketball and id watch it if it was real :P
also the slash part was hillarious. :)

OMNI

this weeks ep shi... i mean city sushi :P was quite funny even tho it was butters centric :)

i like these eps with the special undertone this one being over medicated children and being overmedicated BC people see problems that arnt there and kids are just being kids.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Mrs GF loathes SP with the passion of a thousand suns, Me, I think it had some pretty good social commentary, but I was never a huge fan of it.

OMNI

Mrs GF loathes SP with the passion of a thousand suns, Me, I think it had some pretty good social commentary, but I was never a huge fan of it.

imo its the purest form of satire unlike sipsons and family guy wich are more along the lines of "stupid fun" shows.

SciphonicStranger

this weeks ep shi... i mean city sushi :P was quite funny even tho it was butters centric :)

i like these eps with the special undertone this one being over medicated children and being overmedicated BC people see problems that arnt there and kids are just being kids.

I liked this episode too - except for the final reveal on the City Wok dude. I like my South Park stereotype characters to be authentic. ;)

Red Mage

Boney
I liked this episode too - except for the final reveal on the City Wok dude. I like my South Park stereotype characters to be authentic. ;)

Yeah didn't care for that twist either.
I think that the reveal that Tuong Lu Kim was actually a personality of Dr. Janus was one of the worst twists of any South Park episodes ever. South Park fans have already grown to like Lu Kim as the blatant asian stereotype of the show. Sure his portrayal is ultra offensive but he's also very likeable and funny at the same time. To reveal that he's actually a split personality of some white guy instead of being what he appears to be at face value is weird and weakens the satire value of the show. Why drastically change the background of an already established character? It's like on the Simpsons how they revealed that Principal Skinner actually being a guy named Armin Tamzarian all over again

SciphonicStranger

Yeah didn't care for that twist either.
I think that the reveal that Tuong Lu Kim was actually a personality of Dr. Janus was one of the worst twists of any South Park episodes ever. South Park fans have already grown to like Lu Kim as the blatant asian stereotype of the show. Sure his portrayal is ultra offensive but he's also very likeable and funny at the same time. To reveal that he's actually a split personality of some white guy instead of being what he appears to be at face value is weird and weakens the satire value of the show. Why drastically change the background of an already established character? It's like on the Simpsons how they revealed that Principal Skinner actually being a guy named Armin Tamzarian all over again

I suspect at some point they will re-insert the original City Wok guy as if this episode never happened. ;)

OMNI

guys its a cartoon and you are taking it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to seriously.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
guys its a cartoon and you are taking it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to seriously.

Yeah, well, cartoons are real, ok? :mallozzicry:

SciphonicStranger

New episode again tonight. I'm betting they slip in a few Weiner jokes.