SOPA/PIPA is back but in a new Form

Hugh Jass

GateFans Cadet
Nothing the military does is NOT political. Everything they do is carrying out a political agenda. They are not a source of ideas, science, goods or services. They are an arm of government with either threatens other nations, attacks them or intimidates them.

The military does none of those things.

Okay, but what does that have to do with the military?

Nope. NASA may depend on political agendas for funding, and many of the assignments and directives they get are politically motivated, but they themselves are not a political entity or an arm of one.

The military is not in the business of building anything except bases, and they get others to do that. The military does not invent anything they use, they do not develop the science or technology to do it, and they will never be in a leadership role in the future of Mankind.

I never thought of all that. I wonder what would Stargate have been like in real life because the show was about exploring and getting stuff and saving lives?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I never thought of all that. I wonder what would Stargate have been like in real life because the show was about exploring and getting stuff and saving lives?

I don't think the military would be in control of it.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
If it was would it have been airforce? I know people who serve this would seem more like something the army would be in charge of.

if they did it now, they'd probably just use Blackwater...

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
If it was would it have been airforce? I know people who serve this would seem more like something the army would be in charge of.

Yes, technically the Army would have taken charge of the Stargate and not the Air Force, but the Air Force controls the most advanced hardened sites in the US and not the Army.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Yes, technically the Army would have taken charge of the Stargate and not the Air Force, but the Air Force controls the most advanced hardened sites in the US and not the Army.

and the USAF is the branch with a 'space command'. mainly dedicated to putting up and maintaining the military GPS sats and commo, weather and spy sats.

i think if a stargate were put in operation, the USAF would have command and control with all branches kicking in people. that would make every branch give in a part of their budget to the program

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/18/18188571/europe-copyright-directive-link-tax-article-11-13

Looks like it's gone back to the drawing board. Why do these dicks waste time/money and bribe people into this? Do they like creating controversy? Do they really think they can control the internet?

Just looking for clarity, but what does you link have to do with our quotes on what branch of the us military would run the stargate?

Also, what does this issue have to do with anything other then policy debate and legal issues?