SGU 1.5 DVD sales

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Weren't they givine away SG=1 Seaosn 1 sets when you bought SGU Season 1.0? I remember reading about that awhile ago how one retailer did that :P

Talk about confidence in your product :P

Loheat

GateFans Cadet
Season 1.0 was lower than that, the only numbers I could get put it at below 40,000 (The site only listed the top 30, and SGU wasnt on the list, and the last one had 40,000 sales)for its first week, so if Braingates guess is accurate, then it is a step up, but still pretty low.

I think splitting it up into halves hurt sales, but thats just because I dont think anyone in their right mind would pay money for half a season of a tv show, but apparently people do

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I saw a discussion about a "cover" that comes with the season 1.5 sets that can hold the entire season. I know some fans are waiting for the complete season 1 set but something tells me that isn't happening! ;)

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Even the Destiny Kitchen sink

I saw a discussion about a "cover" that comes with the season 1.5 sets that can hold the entire season. I know some fans are waiting for the complete season 1 set but something tells me that isn't happening! ;)

Oh just like yet another gold master director's cut of the Wrath of Khan, there will be plenty of re-issues of this toilet turkey. I'm sure they will have the whole dump along with more additional fill material for sale by Christmas. We all know around here that if they can make a dollar on anything related to Stargate it will be there.

Maybe you could bid on an original script? :puke:

:rotflmao:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Oh just like yet another gold master director's cut of the Wrath of Khan, there will be plenty of re-issues of this toilet turkey. I'm sure they will have the whole dump along with more additional fill material for sale by Christmas. We all know around here that if they can make a dollar on anything related to Stargate it will be there.

Maybe you could bid on an original script? :puke:

:rotflmao:
we prefer the good quality toliet paper at our house! :D

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Briangate78 said something interesting about SGU 1.5 DVD sales.

View attachment 428

View attachment 427

They still sell bad! :sgusucks:

Did the full price sga/sg1 dvd's sell more than the 35,000-45,000 they are hoping for in there first month? im thinking yes because sga and sg1 were selling in Woolworths & tescos in the uk and were in the top 30 chart for a while. Ive not even seen the sgu dvd's in the superstors here - lack of demand maybe?

Just would like to see a comparison that wasnt the bargain bin $10 ones.

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Did the full price sga/sg1 dvd's sell more than the 35,000-45,000 they are hoping for in there first month? im thinking yes because sga and sg1 were selling in Woolworths & tescos in the uk and were in the top 30 chart for a while. Ive not even seen the sgu dvd's in the superstors here - lack of demand maybe?

SGuhalf.jpg

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

I know briangate said the sg1 & sga seasons sold 100,000+ in their first week's sales. the sgpoo haven't even come close! :P

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I'm sure they'll blame that on downloading.

Just more spin! Like Chris Rock said "They spinnin' nigga they spinnin'!"

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I'll be waiting for SGU to appear at Dollar Tree.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Hahahaha

I'll be waiting for SGU to appear at Dollar Tree.

I can see it now. Put it next to the 12-pack of toilet paper.

Ya know, I read a comment at Amazon about the season 1.0 DVD from a guy who said he wouldnt even take one for FREE. I agree with him. I already erased Air Pt 1 and 2 from my computer, even though I have at least 200gb left on the drive where it was stored. Its not like I will ever watch them again.

Whats with that Major Davis dude? He sounds like he is actually squeeing about those dismal sales!

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic

Ya know, I read a comment at Amazon about the season 1.0 DVD from a guy who said he wouldnt even take one for FREE. I agree with him. I already erased Air Pt 1 and 2 from my computer, even though I have at least 200gb left on the drive where it was stored. Its not like I will ever watch them again.

Whats with that Major Davis dude? He sounds like he is actually squeeing about those dismal sales!
Major Davis is a bit of an oddball. He likes SGU, but seems pretty naive at times. I'm really not sure what to make of him.

and using SGU as a benchmark is actually very insulting to the show. When many other things beat it, it'll show just how badly they wanted critical acclaim and instead just got the critical mass of failure :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
He sounds like he is unaware that SGU is a fail.

Major Davis is a bit of an oddball. He likes SGU, but seems pretty naive at times. I'm really not sure what to make of him.

and using SGU as a benchmark is actually very insulting to the show. When many other things beat it, it'll show just how badly they wanted critical acclaim and instead just got the critical mass of failure :D

He sounds like he doesnt even know how badly the show is doing.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
I already erased Air Pt 1 and 2 from my computer, even though I have at least 200gb left on the drive where it was stored. Its not like I will ever watch them again.

Yeah you people got me so fucked up around episode 12 I was starting to watch the show either live (it cycles 2 or 3 times a weekend) or by download. Damn thing makes me sick to begin with. Glad to say I haven't seen 18, 19, 20. Think I have 1, 2, 3, on a backup since you could get it free on iTunes. I think I have a pretty good idea how bad the show is. Not a lot of fan clubs is there? And the magazine is shutting down. No we didn't kill Stargate — Brad Wright did.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

He's a nice kid but VERY young (I think 15 or so at the most)-- very naive about what it takes to be considered a sucess. ;)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Being the eternal optimist must leave him very disappointed with life though. He should come over here and vent his point of view, get it out of his system so to speak and become a normal member of society like the rest of us.
He's young enough that his parents still monitor what sites he visits and ours is too risque for him. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And they let him watch SGU?

He's young enough that his parents still monitor what sites he visits and ours is too risque for him. ;)

They let him watch SGU? I wonder what they thought of Scott banging McBoobs in that closet? And that scene where he and McBoobs were humping like rabbits all over the floor and sweating like pigs?

He might need therapy now. :icon_e_surprised:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
They let him watch SGU? I wonder what they thought of Scott banging McBoobs in that closet? And that scene where he and McBoobs were humping like rabbits all over the floor and sweating like pigs?

He might need therapy now. :icon_e_surprised:
What episode was that?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The one with the ticks.

What episode was that?

The one with the ticks, there McBoobs and Scott are banging all over the room, on the floor, etc. He decides to leave and she kills him. Unfortunately, it was just a dream. :(