SG1 and SGA characters guest starring next season?

That's the rumor anyway. I thought tptb were dissing those silly old shows in favor of their new awesome sgu? Oh how bad ratings bring out the groveling. :lol:

I can see any and all of the sg1 actors coming back because there is no bad blood there. Who from sga would do it? Didn't the actors say they were being ignored when it came to making a sga movie? I can't see Sheppard, Weir, Beckett, Ronon, or Teyla coming back because of the cold relationship between the actors and tptb. Maybe McKay. I think it would be awesome if they all told tptb to stuff it.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
circle square circle said:
That's the rumor anyway. I thought tptb were dissing those silly old shows in favor of their new awesome sgu? Oh how bad ratings bring out the groveling. :lol:

I can see any and all of the sg1 actors coming back because there is no bad blood there. Who from sga would do it? Didn't the actors say they were being ignored when it came to making a sga movie? I can't see Sheppard, Weir, Beckett, Ronon, or Teyla coming back because of the cold relationship between the actors and tptb. Maybe McKay. I think it would be awesome if they all told tptb to stuff it.

the rumor-mill says it will be Mckay...I agree. they will probably just use the character to say how brilliant and wonderful rush is and that the destiny is beyond mckay's expertise. :roll: how dumb do they think we are??? :roll:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Rac80 said:
the rumor-mill says it will be Mckay...I agree. they will probably just use the character to say how brilliant and wonderful rush is and that the destiny is beyond mckay's expertise. :roll: how dumb do they think we are??? :roll:
We will break that 1.0 mil mark the following episode if they try that :x

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
What did TPTB do to McGillion and Lutrell?
I hope we don't see McKay bowing to Rush in SGU.

Exile

GateFans Noob
Sadly, Rodney's the one who makes the most sense. But I agree, they'd only use him to show Rush's "superiority" by showing how not even Rodney can solve their problems, and to force down our throats how Rush really is the "foremost expert on all things Ancient" ( yeah, right, I think Sam, Rodney, Radek and Daniel beg to differ on this! ). And they're going to character-rape/castrate Rodney by doing this.

Sadly I don't think David feels about the whole situation as strongly as for example Joe does. Yes, he's been disappointed and seeming like he felt thrown aside, but I haven't seen any direct resentment from him, not to the point of anger. Maybe he'll feel that if he gets to guest-star, that they still appreciate him? I wish somebody close to him ( I don't think he'd listen to an obviously biased fan on this subject, and he shouldn't either, really. He shouldn't be caught up in our conflicts or intrigues. I just wish he knew the truth. ) would point out what TPTB have said about SGA and its actors, the ratings etc. Also, the revelation that an SGU movie would take precedence over an SGA one. Sure, he's a geek and seems to have a bit of knowledge of what goes on on the internet when it comes to Stargate, but I don't know if he reads Mallozzi's blog or the blogs and interviews by current creators/actors/mothers. Probably not. He seems to be still in contact with Joe, I wonder if they've discussed this?

I really think that whoever from SGA agrees to guest-star on SGU is only... well, I don't know if the word "betray" is the right word, perhaps too strong... but I feel that s/he is not only "licking the hand that's been beating them" but also ultimately putting themselves and their fellow actors in a weakened position for the future. It may seem like a good thing for the moment, getting a job and money and some more screen time, but it will help reinforce the trend with at least the current PTB of Stargate ( I don't know about the rest of the entertainment industry ) that actors are disposeable ( until you need them again, and then they should be grateful to be given another chance ), only tools you use to have somebody speak your gritty, edgy, realistic and mature lines, only puppets really and not artists ( unless of course you're an SGU actor, then you're a genius. Well, until TPTB grow bored of SGU. ). Didn't Joe say as much in an interview once: that these PTB view actors as disposeable?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Exile said:
Sadly, Rodney's the one who makes the most sense. But I agree, they'd only use him to show Rush's "superiority" by showing how not even Rodney can solve their problems, and to force down our throats how Rush really is the "foremost expert on all things Ancient" ( yeah, right, I think Sam, Rodney, Radek and Daniel beg to differ on this! ). And they're going to character-rape/castrate Rodney by doing this.

Sadly I don't think David feels about the whole situation as strongly as for example Joe does. Yes, he's been disappointed and seeming like he felt thrown aside, but I haven't seen any direct resentment from him, not to the point of anger. Maybe he'll feel that if he gets to guest-star, that they still appreciate him? I wish somebody close to him ( I don't think he'd listen to an obviously biased fan on this subject, and he shouldn't either, really. He shouldn't be caught up in our conflicts or intrigues. I just wish he knew the truth. ) would point out what TPTB have said about SGA and its actors, the ratings etc. Also, the revelation that an SGU movie would take precedence over an SGA one. Sure, he's a geek and seems to have a bit of knowledge of what goes on on the internet when it comes to Stargate, but I don't know if he reads Mallozzi's blog or the blogs and interviews by current creators/actors/mothers. Probably not. He seems to be still in contact with Joe, I wonder if they've discussed this?

I really think that whoever from SGA agrees to guest-star on SGU is only... well, I don't know if the word "betray" is the right word, perhaps too strong... but I feel that s/he is not only "licking the hand that's been beating them" but also ultimately putting themselves and their fellow actors in a weakened position for the future. It may seem like a good thing for the moment, getting a job and money and some more screen time, but it will help reinforce the trend with at least the current PTB of Stargate ( I don't know about the rest of the entertainment industry ) that actors are disposeable ( until you need them again, and then they should be grateful to be given another chance ), only tools you use to have somebody speak your gritty, edgy, realistic and mature lines, only puppets really and not artists ( unless of course you're an SGU actor, then you're a genius. Well, until TPTB grow bored of SGU. ). Didn't Joe say as much in an interview once: that these PTB view actors as disposeable?
very eloquent as always. :D ITA with everything you said. :D I think I read that JF did say he felt disposable to TPTB of sga.

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Exile said:
Didn't Joe say as much in an interview once: that these PTB view actors as disposeable?
I remember reading that a while ago but didn't really understand what he meant at the time. Does anybody have a direct quote or link to the interview?

Pebble

GateFans Noob
Lazily reposted from old forum:

Oh hell no. No fucking SGA character of mine is going to be on SGU. Fuck that shit. Why the fuck do they have to go and torture the actors now?! They cancel their show and replace it with SGU and expect them to guest role on it at their command. Bleh. I'd either give 'em the middle finger or get them to pay up $$$$$$.

Those bastards. The only fucking SGA character I want on BattleGateVoyager90210 is Todd the wraith--so he can suck the fucking life outta every damn one of those fucking goddamn shitty wimps on board the Destiny. Then I'd want him to go fuck with those catfishes and show them what real aliens are!

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Bravo USO. SGU is failing, this is there desperate attempt to get people to watch SGU. David is quite active online, I think he may know parts of the whole epic.

I have to say I'm disappointed that ANY SGA actor would want to appear on SGU. Though I have to say I wouldnt be surprised if it is David Hewlett. He was always the ptb favourite and I don't think he has as many issues with them as Joe did. In New Zealand Joe said no when he was asked if he would appear on SGU but at the latest con in MSP he seemingly said he would if asked. I can't see how having a cameo on a show that's sinking fast would be a viable propostion for him.

I think its pretty disgusting that the ptb are even asking them after all the insults they hurled their way. Just shows how low they'll sink. McKay won't make the slightest bit of difference to ratings anyway. I think because they love McKay to death they think everyone else does as well, McKay seems to have as many fans that hate him as love him.

If their crappy show was doing better then I can guarantee you that they wouldnt be asking the SGA actors to go near it.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
ocean said:
I have to say I'm disappointed that ANY SGA actor would want to appear on SGU. Though I have to say I wouldnt be surprised if it is David Hewlett. He was always the ptb favourite and I don't think he has as many issues with them as Joe did. In New Zealand Joe said no when he was asked if he would appear on SGU but at the latest con in MSP he seemingly said he would if asked. I can't see how having a cameo on a show that's sinking fast would be a viable propostion for him.

I think its pretty disgusting that the ptb are even asking them after all the insults they hurled their way. Just shows how low they'll sink. McKay won't make the slightest bit of difference to ratings anyway. I think because they love McKay to death they think everyone else does as well, McKay seems to have as many fans that hate him as love him.

If their crappy show was doing better then I can guarantee you that they wouldnt be asking the SGA actors to go near it.

Sorry if Daniel and Jack couldn't raise the ratings I am sure Mckay won't even make a blip...:P :P

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Rac80 said:
Sorry if Daniel and Jack couldn't raise the ratings I am sure Mckay won't even make a blip...:P :P
I'm not so sure... did you see what Joe Flanigan did to Warehouse 13 ratings?

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Rodney/Hewlett doesn't seem to be getting much work or his self pitched projects off the ground so I'm sure he wouldn't turn his nose up at an appearance.

But what's with TPTB? I think the people they've captured are 15 years old (ideal target demographic) and don't have a clue about "the old" Stargate. And people like us just get infuriated when our heros are cast in this lame attempt to re-work the franchise. Like I'm going to watch 44 minutes of puke inducing monkey cam to see a few minutes of Rodney?

The show stinks plain and simple. I'm waiting for it to crash and burn S2 and for Cooper to spill the beans. :twisted:

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
SG-Rocks said:
Rodney/Hewlett doesn't seem to be getting much work or his self pitched projects off the ground so I'm sure he wouldn't turn his nose up at an appearance.

But what's with TPTB? I think the people they've captured are 15 years old (ideal target demographic) and don't have a clue about "the old" Stargate. And people like us just get infuriated when our heros are cast in this lame attempt to re-work the franchise. Like I'm going to watch 44 minutes of puke inducing monkey cam to see a few minutes of Rodney?

The show stinks plain and simple. I'm waiting for it to crash and burn S2 and for Cooper to spill the beans. :twisted:

Actualy I think Hewlett's doing quite a bit of work.

He's directed a made for tv movie financed by syfy, which he was recently editing - quite an achievement in itself - moving from acting to writting/directing.

Acting in Whistlblower with Rachel Weiz
Acting in Splice
And this new role in the Planet of the Apes - prequal or sequal i cant remember which. (yet to be confirmed, but he is definatley filming now)

So to me DH has quite a bit going on. he was trying to get the rights back for Starcrossed from MGM im not sure how thats going. But IMO hes doing quite well after leaving the show. As is Jason, im unsure about Rachel or Joe. though I dont think having to work is an issue for the Flan as he appears to be well set for the future and can pick and choose which roles he wishes to take.

I think DH is quite savy when it comes to dealing with syfy and the bigwigs. hes carefully kept mainly out of outright beating sgpoo up. IMO because he wants syfy to finance future projects or allow him to direct more. I dont know but im sure that he would reprise the role of Mckay in a heartbeat where ever that maybe, because he loves playing him and he may not wat to rustle to many feathers within the industry.

Infact as much as it pains me to say it, i dont think any of the sga actors remaining would refuse outright to work for them again, because they all seem to want the movie to be made. if the movie is gonna be made it will be by jm & co and peeing them of now could result in no chance for the movie.

So i would be disappointed if any sga actors appear but i would not hold it against them.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
stclare said:
Actualy I think Hewlett's doing quite a bit of work.

He's directed a made for tv movie financed by syfy, which he was recently editing - quite an achievement in itself - moving from acting to writting/directing.

Acting in Whistlblower with Rachel Weiz
Acting in Splice
And this new role in the Planet of the Apes - prequal or sequal i cant remember which. (yet to be confirmed, but he is definatley filming now)

So to me DH has quite a bit going on. ...

I'm sure you're right. I just happened to notice a file I have here about a project being rejected. I think he immediately went into that Dog's Breakfast thing with McGillian after SGA.

But SGU still stinks doesn't it?

USO - Yeah the movie blackmail. Every fancon they will be asked about it and either do the we're ready for it (actors) or the we're ready for it (TPTB) schtick. Just maybe actually throw a bone about some facet of the project to get the fandom stirred up. But the financials from starting from scratch again and actor's salary expectations would mean there would have to be some serious scratch involved to produce a direct to DVD. Someday USO come to TO and we could go down to the Spacecast studio, kick those two punks out the door and do our own show. We could give SGU our own two full moons.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
ROFL there targeting teens?!? From a teen standpoint, unless you love science fiction, your just gonna breeze past the syfy channel, and if you do love science fiction, you won't like SGpoo either. Like sumner said it his friday rants, you can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but if try to please all the people all the time you just get SGpoo.

A friend on another forum said that Joe and David said at the MN con, they would star on SGU if asked....

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
Atlantis4Life said:
I still think what Rac thinks about any SGA appearances on SGU. They'll tear the character's character to shreds. It won't be Mckay. It'll be Rodney "The Shrine" McKay that cameos on SGU if it happens. I can just see him bumping into things and forgetting what he had for lunch that day... :?
:x :x :x

OCgatergal said:
A friend on another forum said that Joe and David said at the MN con, they would star on SGU if asked....
David said he would do it during an interview in Germany. But Joe? I'd have to hear that myself from him. Or maybe he thinks he can repeat the W13 success and show the industry what a fanbase he still has - a doubtful gamble IMO.

tetrion

GateFans Noob
Perhaps we might get an appearance of an armed GateBuster through the gate. Now, that's something I'd like to see.

Pharos

GateFans Noob
At Gatecon there were questions asked about SGU and whether anyone would guest star. Basically what came across was they don't particularly like the show, but work is work. Which, you know, I can understand. A lot of these people live from job to job.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Smith said:
Rac80 said:
I'm not so sure... did you see what Joe Flanigan did to Warehouse 13 ratings?
Joe Flannigan is a handsome man ;) and if a looker like Michael Shanks couldn't raise sgpoo's ratings...whiney mckay won't! :P:P