Season 2 of "V" premiere announced: Its been moved to January 4th 2011

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Im sure Jane's "V" has been plenty worked.

Well, if Jane Badler works that big honking camel toe as much as she did in the first go-round of "V" then the ratings will probably uptick for a bit -- especially with the middle-aged male viewers. ;)

Her being in this season for the whole season is HUGE. And they also got Mark Singer? This season will be KICKASS. The fanbase for V is significant. It spawned TWO full length TV movies as well as a series.

ParagonPie

Well Known GateFan
Her being in this season for the whole season is HUGE. And they also got Mark Singer? This season will be KICKASS. The fanbase for V is significant. It spawned TWO full length TV movies as well as a series.

Well whenever I look at her, something just got huge very quickly :smiley_squee:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
So, 6.5 million live viewers is considered bad for a network show? Seems pretty big to me, especially considering it's sci-fi.

Not catastrophic, but it puts the show on the bubble. Those ratings (and 18-49) does need to uptick, but they still have a shot at renewal should the ratings stay relatively stable. Sadly I think that it may drop since ratings for season premieres and finales are usually higher than ratings for "normal" episodes. Though it also depends on how well ABC's other shows do. Should a lot of their other shows tank it will make V look better and give it a bigger shot at renewal.
It's especially important for a sci fi show to have good ratings since it normally has a higher budget than other shows due to VFX costs, and V uses a lot of that.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
6.5 million viewers eh ? That is still 6.5 X more viewers than sgu got most of the time. Has anybody shown Brad these numbers yet ?

As funny as I find your comment there Pigin, we do have to keep in mind that V is on a different network. It would be unfair of us to close our eyes to that reality. V started off with roughly 12.5 million viewers and has shed just as many (relatively) viewers as SGU.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
As funny as I find your comment there Pigin, we do have to keep in mind that V is on a different network. It would be unfair of us to close our eyes to that reality. V started off with roughly 12.5 million viewers and has shed just as many (relatively) viewers as SGU.

Not to to nitpick or anything, but the show actually started off with something closer to 14,3 million viewers.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Not to to nitpick or anything, but the show actually started off with something closer to 14,3 million viewers.

I stand corrected sir!
I am however safe to assume you agree with my sentiment though, yes?

shavedape

Well Known GateFan

I think sci-fi shows have a tough time of it, especially on network TV. I don't expect "V" to last longer than this season, at least not on a major network. It might have some longevity on another, smaller cable network.

Also, the difference between "V" and SGU is that there isn't open animosity against "V"; people don't hate it and they don't find it an insult to the original version of the show. There isn't a sense of betrayal to all things "V" when it comes to canon, etc. And I'm pretty sure there isn't a website called "VSucks.com". ;)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually V holding its audience from several months ago would build it's cred for SyFy to try to get it from ABC (I know SyFy is in the NBC orbit but they could go to the producers of V to lure it away). I'd imagine that its viewers mostly all get SyFy anyway, so it would transfer over well.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
I think sci-fi shows have a tough time of it, especially on network TV. I don't expect "V" to last longer than this season, at least not on a major network. It might have some longevity on another, smaller cable network.
Agreed, Both OM1 and myself have said similar things before.

shavedape said:
Also, the difference between "V" and SGU is that there isn't open animosity against "V"; people don't hate it and they don't find it an insult to the original version of the show. There isn't a sense of betrayal to all things "V" when it comes to canon, etc. And I'm pretty sure there isn't a website called "VSucks.com". ;)

True, but now you are injecting personal likes and dislikes into the mix which is what the SGU fans have done. V was trending downward (well, as much as we can determine from such few data points) there is no avoiding that conclusion. On a positive note, unlike SGU it has regained some viewers for it S2 premiere, so that works in its favor. I think all ESA was trying to point out was it would be hypocritical of us to put on "fan shades" for V whilst applying cold hard fact (as far as the actual numbers go) to SGU, and I tend to agree with him.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Here's the numbers for every single episode of V (with links to TVBtN) just in case someone needs it for reference or something. I'll try to keep updating it as the show airs.

Season 1

1.01 "Pilot" - 14,30 [series/season high]
1.02 "There Is No Normal Anymore" - 10,70
1.03 "A Bright New Day" - 9,32
1.04 "It's Only the Beginning" - 9,20
1.05 "Welcome to the War" - 7,03
1.06 "Pound of Flesh" - 5,79
1.07 "John May" - 5,61
1.08 "We Can't Win" - 5,81
1.09 "Heretic's Fork" - 4,87 [series/season low]
1.10 "Hearts and Minds" - 5,37
1.11 "Fruition" - 5,69
1.12 "Red Sky" - 5,86

Season 2
2.01 "Red Rain" - 6,58

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Uh, yeah...but the audience is going to skew awfully old...I remember V from my teenage days...

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
Here's the ratings for every single episode of V (with links to TVBtN) just in case someone needs it for reference or something. I'll try to keep updating it as the show airs.

Season 1
1.01 "Pilot" - 14,30 [series/season high]
1.02 "There Is No Normal Anymore" - 10,70
1.03 "A Bright New Day" - 9,32
1.04 "It's Only the Beginning" - 9,20
1.05 "Welcome to the War" - 7,03
1.06 "Pound of Flesh" - 5,79
1.07 "John May" - 5,61
1.08 "We Can't Win" - 5,81
1.09 "Heretic's Fork" - 4,87 [series/season low]
1.10 "Hearts and Minds" - 5,37
1.11 "Fruition" - 5,69
1.12 "Red Sky" - 5,86

Season 2
2.01 "Red Rain" - 6,58
Those aren't ratings, those are raw numbers.

Early numbers indicate that V was in third place last night with a 2.1 share in the ratings.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Agreed, Both OM1 and myself have said similar things before.

True, but now you are injecting personal likes and dislikes into the mix which is what the SGU fans have done. V was trending downward (well, as much as we can determine from such few data points) there is no avoiding that conclusion. On a positive note, unlike SGU it has regained some viewers for it S2 premiere, so that works in its favor. I think all ESA was trying to point out was it would be hypocritical of us to put on "fan shades" for V whilst applying cold hard fact (as far as the actual numbers go) to SGU, and I tend to agree with him.

Oh, I'm not looking at "V" with rose colored glasses or anything. I'm just making an observation that is true, "V" isn't hated by fans of the original series the way SGU is hated by a large contingent of original (TV) Stargate fans. I don't see how that observation is comparable to SGU fans hyping that shit show? I'm not hyping "V" with the hopes it will humiliate Brad Wright or anything. Personally I don't really care what happens to "V". Like I said, I suspect it will die after this new season. And no, there won't be any sort of "V" franchise. I suspect this will be the last chance anyone gets to see Jane Badlers big brown beaver camel toe.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Those aren't ratings, those are raw numbers.

Early numbers indicate that V was in third place last night with a 2.1 share in the ratings.

Sorry, I accidentally wrote ratings instead of numbers when I wrote the post. Good that you spotted that, I'll change it right away.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Oh, I'm not looking at "V" with rose colored glasses or anything. I'm just making an observation that is true, "V" isn't hated by fans of the original series the way SGU is hated by a large contingent of original (TV) Stargate fans. I don't see how that observation is comparable to SGU fans hyping that shit show? I'm not hyping "V" with the hopes it will humiliate Brad Wright or anything. Personally I don't really care what happens to "V". Like I said, I suspect it will die after this new season. And no, there won't be any sort of "V" franchise. I suspect this will be the last chance anyone gets to see Jane Badlers big brown beaver camel toe.

Fair enough mate, we will leave it as an initial misunderstanding! :beckettu:

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
Uh, yeah...but the audience is going to skew awfully old...I remember V from my teenage days...

Yeah, it is.. The big wigs at the networks needs to actually look at what kind of shows get a young audience if they wanna get them to watch their shows. Y'know, shows like Glee and reality shows. Therefore I've come to the conclusion that we'll soon see a new sci fi show set on space ship where teens compete in singing each week, and the teen that loses the singing contest gets eaten by an alien... Hell, I'd watch that show!

:P

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Fair enough mate, we will leave it as an initial misunderstanding! :beckettu:

No misunderstanding. I know you were trying to get me to talk about Jane Badler's hole. Admit it, you wanted me to talk about her gargantuan gash. Well, you got your wish. Happy now? :D