Season 2 of "V" premiere announced: Its been moved to January 4th 2011

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
DAMN! Just when I wanted to see V trounce Stargate Universe next month, I read this article where the official premiere date is finally announced. January 4th, 2011 on ABC.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/15/season-two-of-v-will-premiere-january-4-2011-on-abc/68200

Excerpt:

“V,” the thrilling drama series about the world’s first alien encounter that captivated viewers last season, will make its highly-anticipated season premiere on TUESDAY, JANUARY 4 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.

Simultaneously appearing over every major city in the world, the Visitors (or V’s) arrived offering us the wonders of their technology and promoting peace. While the world quickly embraced the V’s as saviors, an FBI Counter Terrorist Agent, and others making up the resistance group called The Fifth Column, quickly discovered that the Visitors are not who they said they were. Will humanity stop being fooled and realize the Visitors true intentions before it becomes too late and they take over Earth?

“V,” which received an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Series, stood as television’s No. 1 new drama during the 09-10 TV season in the key Adult 18-49 sales demographic, delivering substantial year-to-year improvement in both of its Tuesday time periods (8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.). “V” finished No. 1 in both time periods among key Men (M18-34/M18-49).
Well, its frustrating, but I will still be waiting for that show! Now, we have to overlay SGU's airing schedule with V and we will see when they clash. But depending on SGU's performance this first half of their season 2, it could be canceled by the time January rolls around! :mallozzicry:

JohnSN7

GateFans Noob
Awwww!

I really really really was looking forward to seeing V in the fall! First, it is an amazing science fiction show. Second, I really wanted to see it go up against SGU and see the reaction from Brad Wright and Joe Mallozzi.

podbaydoors

GateFans Noob
At GW someone posted that they had a twitter which said there also would only be 10 eps for the upcoming season. :(

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
So long as the ratings are decent it will get renewed again.

And then Mallozzi can add V to the shows he needs to learn from (as well as Sanctuary).

So long as the ratings are decent it will get renewed again.

And then Mallozzi can add V to the shows he needs to learn from (as well as Sanctuary).

Yes, I believe that's the case. They know that DWTS will bring in the guaranteed ratings, whereas they can't predict what V will bring in yet. I want to be mad, but I'd rather it go straight through without weeks of interruptions.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Yes V is on schedule. ABC has already scheduled reruns of the last couple of episodes from last season as a lead up to the premiere.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It is returning next Tuesday.

Has it been confimed that it is returning on the 4th?

Yes V is on schedule. ABC has already scheduled reruns of the last couple of episodes from last season as a lead up to the premiere.

I airs Tuesday, January 4th at 9:00pm on ABC. :joy:

PROOF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gLlwyvl25Y

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
This pretty much sums up my feelings about V, but I'm still going to watch the second season because I find the show pretty entertaining and it there isn't really a better sci fi show on tv right now.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
V FTW!!!!

This pretty much sums up my feelings about V, but I'm still going to watch the second season because I find the show pretty entertaining and it there isn't really a better sci fi show on tv right now.

I can GUARANTEE that it will get ratings so high Bernice will be crying in his Pina Colata! ;) But then anything over 2 mill would break Bernice's heart! ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I can GUARANTEE that it will get ratings so high Bernice will be crying in his Pina Colata! ;) But then anything over 2 mill would break Bernice's heart! ;)

Let's send him a box of Kleenex. :D

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede

Of course it will get higher ratings than SGU, but the question is how high will those ratings be, and will the ratings be high enough for ABC? Will 5 million viewers be enough for V to survive on a major network like ABC? I don't know. Sure, Chuck (best show on tv right now!) survives on NBC with around 5 million viewers, but that's because NBC is the lowest rated network of the big four, and really has nothing else going on for it. Plus, it isn't as vfx heavy as V. I truly hope that V will survive because we really don't have a lot of good sci fi on tv right now. Anyways, let's all hope the season 2 premiere is great (have it aired over there yet?), and that it'll get good ratings. :)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Karma is a bitch!

Of course it will get higher ratings than SGU, but the question is how high will those ratings be, and will the ratings be high enough for ABC? Will 5 million viewers be enough for V to survive on a major network like ABC? I don't know. Sure, Chuck (best show on tv right now!) survives on NBC with around 5 million viewers, but that's because NBC is the lowest rated network of the big four, and really has nothing else going on for it. Plus, it isn't as vfx heavy as V. I truly hope that V will survive because we really don't have a lot of good sci fi on tv right now. Anyways, let's all hope the season 2 premiere is great (have it aired over there yet?), and that it'll get good ratings. :)

If V gets cancelled I am sure Syfy would be more than happy to get those 5 million viewers and pick it up! Can't you hear the weeping and wailing from Bernice and Loretta just contemplating that thought?!?!?! after all Syfy channel ran a marathon of the original V series monday- they have run that only twice in the past 9 years- once before V's initial premiere and then Monday! Methinks they want to help V out so they can pick it up!
smiley_emoticons_irony2.gif

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
If V gets cancelled I am sure Syfy would be more than happy to get those 5 million viewers and pick it up! Can't you hear the weeping and wailing from Bernice and Loretta just contemplating that thought?!?!?! after all Syfy channel ran a marathon of the original V series monday- they have run that only twice in the past 9 years- once before V's initial premiere and then Monday! Methinks they want to help V out so they can pick it up!

It would indeed be ideal should the show get cancelled on ABC. Though unfortuantely it rarely happens that shows jump to another network after they're cancelled, and a jump to cable would include a slash in the show's budget because shows on cable generally have lower budgets than those on major networks. Also, I think I read somewhere that it is generally expected for a show to lose something like 30% of it's original viewership when it jumps from a major network to a cable channel. I'm not sure where I read it though... could've been TVBtN or another site like that. Still, that would probably be enough for Syfy. I think it would be for the best if the show would get an increase in viewers on ABC, because then it hopefully won't be cancelled in the first place.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
It would indeed be ideal should the show get cancelled on ABC. Though unfortuantely it rarely happens that shows jump to another network after they're cancelled, and a jump to cable would include a slash in the show's budget because shows on cable generally have lower budgets than those on major networks. Also, I think I read somewhere that it is generally expected for a show to lose something like 30% of it's original viewership when it jumps from a major network to a cable channel. I'm not sure where I read it though... could've been TVBtN or another site like that. Still, that would probably be enough for Syfy. I think it would be for the best if the show would get an increase in viewers on ABC, because then it hopefully won't be cancelled in the first place.
JAG, the"daddy" of one of today's biggest hits NCIS, was bumped from NBS and then picked up on CBS which carried it another 9 years.

Oh I doubt V will get cancelled especially with everything TPTB of V has done to lure in the old fans (unlike tptw of sgpoo) between jane Badler and Marc Singer- season two is going to be outstanding! :D:D

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
JAG, the"daddy" of one of today's biggest hits NCIS, was bumped from NBS and then picked up on CBS which carried it another 9 years.

Oh I doubt V will get cnacelled especially with everything TPTB of V has done to lure in the old fans (unlike tptw of sgpoo) between jane Badler and Marc Singer- season two is going to be outstanding! :D:D

Naturally there are exceptions that prove the rule. Unfortunately most shows that are cancelled stay cancelled.

I certainly hope it'll go on. :D I used to think that Diana was creepy as hell when I watched reruns of the old V miniseries when I was around 7 or 8, so I'm exited to see what they'll do with her in the reboot.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I said this in the other thread, and it is VERY possible they could take this show up.

If the ratings do not meet the projections by ABC, it would still be an awesome pick up for Syfy if they bought this show. I think that this season will be V's best yet, and ABC might not want to part with it. But if it does just "okay", and ABC decides to shop it, Syfy could make loads of money on it.

I think Brad and Joe would feel humiliated if that happened, but Syfy doesnt really give a shit what they think. All they want is revenue vehicles, and Brad and Joe are still talking Stargate Universe which is a dead mule. They SHOULD be talking about doing something else besides SGU if they want to be taken seriously. But I think its too late for that too. How can Loretta and Bernice pitch a different Stargate show with several unemployed SGU actors looking for jobs? Too much baggage, and too much bad blood...better to clean house and start over.

clean-slate-photo.jpg

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Jane be workin' that "V"

Well, if Jane Badler works that big honking camel toe as much as she did in the first go-round of "V" then the ratings will probably uptick for a bit -- especially with the middle-aged male viewers. ;)

Attachments

• jane-badler.jpg
    jane-badler.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 199