Season 2 of "V" premiere announced: Its been moved to January 4th 2011

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
No misunderstanding. I know you were trying to get me to talk about Jane Badler's ginormous vagina. Admit it, you wanted me to talk about her gargantuan gash. Well, you got your wish. Happy now? :D

Wurd!:rotflmao:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Her being in this season for the whole season is HUGE. And they also got Mark Singer? This season will be KICKASS. The fanbase for V is significant. It spawned TWO full length TV movies as well as a series.

The initial airing of V was a two part miniseries- 4 hours, the second miniseries was 6 hours. That was 10 hours of V before it became a regular tv series. :D

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There are two 2-hour movies, arent there?

The initial airing of V was a two part miniseries- 4 hours, the second miniseries was 6 hours. That was 10 hours of V before it became a regular tv series. :D

I have one of the movies called: The Final Battle, and also the miniseries. I understand there was anoter 2-hour movie. Am I wrong?

If the ratings do not meet the projections by ABC, it would still be an awesome pick up for Syfy if they bought this show. I think that this season will be V's best yet, and ABC might not want to part with it. But if it does just "okay", and ABC decides to shop it, Syfy could make loads of money on it.

6 million viewers is nothing to sneeze at, and after the ghost town that SGU turned the SciFi channel into, they'd be right to salivate over HALF of that. But what about the budget considerations of SciFi picking the show up? Does anyone know how it compares to the money they wasted on SGU? I agree that ABC may not keep the show at it's current ratings level. Especially since it already cut the show order in half down to 13 before the season even started.

Marc Singer, by the way, will only be in the last episode because of the episode order cut.

EvilSpaceAlien

Sinister Swede
But what about the budget considerations of SciFi picking the show up? Does anyone know how it compares to the money they wasted on SGU?

I think V would be another Caprica for Syfy. Not in terms of storyline or success, but in V being a show which shoots a lot of scenes on location, but combining that with a heavy use of visual effects, thus having a very high budget compared to Syfy's other shows. And I'm sure the V's budget is already higher than Caprica, and Syfy even had to cut an episode of that show's original season order due to the high cost of the series. If Syfy picks up V should the show get canned, we would see major budget cuts. Should it be needed, I think V could trim a lot of its budget by not going on location shoots and go full out green screen like Sanctuary. They already do it with the V ship interior anyway.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
True, V already does a lot of green screen. Part of why they got a renewal is that (sort of like Sanctuary) the cost per episode is not super high.

By the way, the premiere was really good. One sign of a good show is when, after a layoff, you feel yourself drawn right back into the story and characters - and that happened here. Good acting all around, but especially by Morena Baccarin as Anna - she really brings it to life and gives Anna an outward sincerity and allure that makes you almost understand how she gets people to follow her. The writing is also good - the reveal on what Red Sky is REALLY about was indeed a good one.