Sanctuary episode #411 "The Depths" *Spoilers*

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
No. There's only one magic Stone and that's me. :D
There was some sort of mineral or whatever in the rocks that caused the physical effects.

Who cares? Seriously. The show is dumb. I can feel myself get stupider with each minute that I watch that poorly contrived tripe.

G

Graybrew1

Who cares? Seriously. The show is dumb. I can feel myself get stupider with each minute that I watch that poorly contrived tripe.

I would not go that far. I just think every other show is good and then they give us a crappy one like this one. This might be budget or perhaps the writers are running low on new ideas.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
I really didn't think it was THAT bad. It was a basic small set story and they also put some more backstory into place and alluded again to the "Secret" Helen is holding from her 100 year silence. The key is what the payoff on the stuff they are throwing around is going to be, and we'll find out over the next couple of weeks.

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
No. There's only one magic Stone and that's me. :D
There was some sort of mineral or whatever in the rocks that caused the physical effects.

You're more like a pet rock than a magic stone. :D

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I would not go that far. I just think every other show is good and then they give us a crappy one like this one. This might be budget or perhaps the writers are running low on new ideas.

No offense but the writers simply can't run low on ideas. To do so is to sound the death knell for a show. I mean really, I'm not that big of a fan of the show and even I was able to rattle off 3 examples of when they used the "trapped together" plot in the past. That, to me, is unforgivable and is a clear sign that the show simply isn't that good at the core.

In short, it's dumb and getting dumber. And to be honest I'm getting tired of having to always pick out what TV show writers do wrong. That's not my job but it seems to be of late. How ridiculous that viewers have to point out the obvious, glaring flaws when it should be obvious to the creators of these shows.

If Sanctuary doesn't have its crap together by now then it deserves to die. Recycling tired plots and gimmicks from previous seasons is not only pathetic it's insulting to the viewer. Someone needs to (tightly) hold a pillow over the face of this show. It's done. Time for something new.

P.S. What does it say that I'm actually thrilled about Merlin taking Sanctuary's place on the Friday night line up? Merlin for all intents and purposes is a kids show yet it's far more interesting and satisfying than Sanctuary. That says it all.

SciphonicStranger

They could always bring Ashley back to breathe new life into the show. Just sayin'... :P

G

Graybrew1

No offense but the writers simply can't run low on ideas. To do so is to sound the death knell for a show. I mean really, I'm not that big of a fan of the show and even I was able to rattle off 3 examples of when they used the "trapped together" plot in the past. That, to me, is unforgivable and is a clear sign that the show simply isn't that good at the core.

In short, it's dumb and getting dumber. And to be honest I'm getting tired of having to always pick out what TV show writers do wrong. That's not my job but it seems to be of late. How ridiculous that viewers have to point out the obvious, glaring flaws when it should be obvious to the creators of these shows.

If Sanctuary doesn't have its crap together by now then it deserves to die. Recycling tired plots and gimmicks from previous seasons is not only pathetic it's insulting to the viewer. Someone needs to (tightly) hold a pillow over the face of this show. It's done. Time for something new.

P.S. What does it say that I'm actually thrilled about Merlin taking Sanctuary's place on the Friday night line up? Merlin for all intents and purposes is a kids show yet it's far more interesting and satisfying than Sanctuary. That says it all.

OMG NO.
I frakin hate Merlin. I gave up on that in the beginning of the second season.

SciphonicStranger

I was so absorbed by the awesome drama in this episode that I did not notice that it also featured the debut of "Pinnacle Rubber Mulch" on TV... :)

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/pinnacle-rubber-mulch-sets-stage-212800543.html

BTW, if any Mods here have time it might be good to un-stick some of the old episode threads and replace them with the last few episodes for the next season.