Sanctuary episode #411 "The Depths" *Spoilers*

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
I saw a dragon, Will got hurt, Henry got goofy, and Magnus found some magic healing water. I think that about sums this one up. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
There is a LOT more to the episode than that. Will and Helen had it out over a lot of the choices she has made in running the Sanctuary and indeed in life. Plus it came out that Magnus was grooming Will from childhood for the Sanctuary - she put him through school anonymously and so forth. And lest we forget, it was revisited that she is hiding something pretty major that came out of her enforced 100+ year exile. Her actions this season are all apparently towards a designed endpoint, and she won't tell anyone what the master design is.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
There is a LOT more to the episode than that. Will and Helen had it out over a lot of the choices she has made in running the Sanctuary and indeed in life. Plus it came out that Magnus was grooming Will from childhood for the Sanctuary - she put him through school anonymously and so forth. And lest we forget, it was revisited that she is hiding something pretty major that came out of her enforced 100+ year exile. Her actions this season are all apparently towards a designed endpoint, and she won't tell anyone what the master design is.

If Magnus turns out to be Will's mother I'm going to shoot my TV.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
If Magnus turns out to be Will's mother I'm going to shoot my TV.

I don't think that development is in the cards. I suspect that the revelation that Magnus groomed Will for the Sanctuary is going to play into the plan Magnus is apparently proceeding along.

Briangate78

GateFans Noob

It is good that Sanctuary is focusing on the characters a little more, and it does not take away from the actual plot or lose focus. With some shows like SGU, they focused too much on the characters and the plot was just lost.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
S

Stonelesscutter

Hmm, you must be one of those people that actually pays attention while watching this cartoon. :P

I usually pay attention to any show I watch. That's why my opinion is often different from yours. :P

SciphonicStranger

I could just post the IMDB or SyFy synopsis on these threads if folks want me to. I just find that sort of boring. :P

SciphonicStranger

Even more boring than your opening post? :P
Just kidding. ;)

:lol: They always seem brilliant as I am typing them. When I read them back later maybe not so much. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I usually pay attention to any show I watch. That's why my opinion is often different from yours. :P

Your opinion is whatever I say it is, m'kay. Try not to forget that.

G

Graybrew1

I did not care for this ep that much. Will was too annoying to me. I wish somebody would send me through school. Poor Baby. Wha Wha Wha. On top of that the ep seemed to drag on for me too. I shall be watching it again, to see if I like it better second time around. This show is like, one great show one week and then downhill the next. It seems to have a personality disorder problem right now, not sure which show to be.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
I did not care for this ep that make. Will was too annoying to me. I wish somebody would send me through school. Poor Baby. Wha Wha Wha. On top of that the ep seemed to drag on for me too. I shall be watching it again, to see if I like it better second time around. This show is like, one great show one week and then downhill the next. It seems to have a personality disorder problem right now, not sure which show to be.

I admit I turned this episode off. It bored me. These characters have been trapped together in a tight spot numerous times on this show. It's gotten tiresome. If they need to do an episode that doesn't use much of the budget then they could have done something more interesting than this. It was a big snooze fest.

Wouldn't it be funny if I won the ratings predition for this one? :D

G

Graybrew1

I admit I turned this episode off. It bored me. These characters have been trapped together in a tight spot numerous times on this show. It's gotten tiresome. If they need to do an episode that doesn't use much of the budget then they could have done something more interesting than this. It was a big snooze fest.

Wouldn't it be funny if I won the ratings predition for this one? :D

Then you would get to have a Golden Ball.;)

I did not even think of it that way, but you are right. At least it had a big Abnormal in it, though. Hmmmmm..... just like the big one that was in their water(also a similar trait to this one.)stuck together ep.:roll:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Then you would get to have a Golden Ball.;)

I did not even think of it that way, but you are right. At least it had a big Abnormal in it, though. Hmmmmm..... just like the big one that was in their water(also a similar trait to this one.)stuck together ep.:roll:

Yeah, they did the "mermaid" one and the crashed helicopter one. In both episodes they had Will and Magnus were stranded together. Then there was the one with the crashed plane in the Himalayas where they effectively end up alone together, more or less. They've done this plot device over and over and freakin' over ad nauseum. I really have grown tired of this show because of crap like this.