Sanctuary episode #404 "Monsoon" *Spoilers*

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It's part of why I have gotten a little disenchanted with the show - but so far just a little. I'm sick of having shipping all over the place in every show. Sanctuary is not supposed to be about who's snogging who - it is supposed to be about the Sanctuary team interacting with Abnormals. Let's get back to basics and shelve ALL the shipping.

1000% agree. If they create a little werewolf family with Henry and Erica and little Wolfie (on the way), Im done with the show. Why are they adding all this shipping stuff? I dont see where any of that gets us. I remember long ago when I Dream of Jeannie was cool with "Roger" and Jeannie and Master. But then, they married Jeannie to her master and all sorts of stupid stuff started happening and BLAM, Canceled. Cant they make the connection between NO SHIPPING and LONGEVITY? Right now, in Iron Man (the movies), they have Stark and his secretary doing heavy flirting and a couple of drunken kissing moments. If they marry them, they will ruin the whole thing. In Star Trek TNG, Miles O'Brien and Keiko were cool when they were crewmembers, but then when they got married it ruined the Miles character for me as well as the Keiko character. It didnt change when they moved to DS9 either.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
There is a really heated discussion going on at syfy about this ep. It is like night and day from our thread on it.

Can you post a link to it please?

Illiterati

Council Member & Author
When I heard David Dayan Fisher doing the Russian accent, he reminded me SO much of the guy in that great pair of DirecTV commercials with the miniature lap giraffe.

petitelapgiraffeavatar.jpg

I kept expecting him to say "I am epic win!"

;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

My my...things got quite heated on that thread! Im okay with the scene, but I disagree with those on that forum who are trying to genericize it and act as though two women kissing passionately in public is an everyday occurrence. It just isn't. Humans are not at "we are all one unisex race" at the moment. It is still somewhat of an unusual occurrence to see homosexual kissing in public. I don't see anything wrong with it, but to act as though its day to day stuff is idealistic. Regardless of that, why was it done in this show and why in that episode? Did we ever get to see Druitt and Helen go at it like that? Did I miss it? We see enough of Will getting in and out of his undies to know he is getting some. What is next, Henry has a moment with Tesla? Everything has its place, but this....

G

Graybrew1

Yes, I said that in my earlier post. There is far too much shipping in this show now. I think they put too much in Eureka too, but that is now cancelled so that is a moot point. ;)

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
My my...things got quite heated on that thread! Im okay with the scene, but I disagree with those on that forum who are trying to genericize it and act as though two women kissing passionately in public is an everyday occurrence. It just isn't. Humans are not at "we are all one unisex race" at the moment. It is still somewhat of an unusual occurrence to see homosexual kissing in public. I don't see anything wrong with it, but to act as though its day to day stuff is idealistic. Regardless of that, why was it done in this show and why in that episode? Did we ever get to see Druitt and Helen go at it like that? Did I miss it? We see enough of Will getting in and out of his undies to know he is getting some. What is next, Henry has a moment with Tesla? Everything has its place, but this....

It struck me as a gratuitous bone thrown to straight fan boys of the show. Amanda Tapping has a huge following of guys who lust after her and are ravenous in their predilections. I once Googled someone who had the first name of Amanda and I found a bunch of listings for "Amanda Tapping nude" (no, I did not look at those sites). So I guess if you've reached the point of having nude morphs done of your picture you must have a huge following of geeks hot on you. This lesbian kiss with a fairly attractive woman was obviously done to titillate.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with homosexual scenes and/or characters. This scene felt wrong though as Helen isn't a lesbian that we know of so they did it for shock value. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with Magnus getting her Kirk on with the babe of the week, but at least with Kirk you knew where he stood. Hell, we came to expect Kirk to get some tail in many an episode, but with Magnus they haven't established her as much of a sexual creature to begin with, hence the shock value.

G

Graybrew1

@Shaved..............sure you did not look. ;):icon_lol:

To me she is more the maternal character of the bunch. Now she has Druitt, Tesla and this chick hot for her. My ,she has become the ultimate MILF(Mother I would like to fancy:P) so it seems. :eek:

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
It was gratuitous and served zero plot purpose. Likewise Will's ship and Henry's ship are not serving any purpose at all. End all the stupid shipping already - the only "ship" on the show that actually served a useful plot purpose was Helen and John and that was because of his being the Ripper as well as his role in The Five.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It was gratuitous and served zero plot purpose. Likewise Will's ship and Henry's ship are not serving any purpose at all. End all the stupid shipping already - the only "ship" on the show that actually served a useful plot purpose was Helen and John and that was because of his being the Ripper as well as his role in The Five.

It was really bizarre when you think of it. Those two met for the first time in that airport, they worked together to get out of their situation (two or three hours max), the other woman finds out Helen is a doctor, they talk briefly about the virus and them at the end BLAM. Out of the blue. I wonder if lesbians in real life can score that fast?! :confused: Tesla waited what....a hundred years to get this?:

Tesla2.jpg

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Plus body fluids transmit viruses. Now Helen has ebola too.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
It has been pointed out that Helen has vampire blood in her, so TBH that should protect her, No?

She is immortal and such...but still, why THAT woman? Why not Kate or Rana from Hollow Earth?

G

Graybrew1

She is immortal and such...but still, why THAT woman? Why not Kate or Rana from Hollow Earth?

Well, I was just bringing up the point about the virus and Helen and her blood.

I hate ALL shipping on the show. I am surprised when more people are not screaming about the post coital scene with Abby and Will. If I want to watch Gray's Anatomy..... I will. I wanted to watch Sanctuary, a show about abnormals and the place that helps to find them and help them.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well, I was just bringing up the point about the virus and Helen and her blood.

I hate ALL shipping on the show. I am surprised when more people are not screaming about the post coital scene with Abby and Will. If I want to watch Gray's Anatomy..... I will. I wanted to watch Sanctuary, a show about abnormals and the place that helps to find them and help them.

Yep, that is really the root of the problem right there. The shipping is ruining the show. Why is Will allowed to bring Abby into the Sanctuary without permission? And now she has shown she can hide stuff and lie despite their relationship, why didn't Will just feed her to one of the abnormals? I would so break up with her over that, never trust her again. The thing is, why is she in this show anyway? I would rather have the usual show without Kate instead of this broad "filling in" for Kate and spreading cheese all over everything. Who is behind all this new stuff anyway? I cant believe it would be Damien Kindler. Is there somebody new in the production mix?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Right now I just want all the shipping stopped. It is a distraction. And yes I think there is too much Abby - I understand that Agam Darshi had committments that are curtailing her role this season but I too would rather have no one than Abby.

And I would not think Helen's vampire blood immunizes her to ebola - it is hemhorragic fever.

G

Graybrew1

Right now I just want all the shipping stopped. It is a distraction. And yes I think there is too much Abby - I understand that Agam Darshi had committments that are curtailing her role this season but I too would rather have no one than Abby.

And I would not think Helen's vampire blood immunizes her to ebola - it is hemhorragic fever.

Not sure about it, but it is an interesting storyline to follow unlike all the shipping. ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

Abby is like the exchange student who re-arranges all your stuff while you are away. How will they segue Abby out and Kate back in? I could deal with Erica, Henry's werewolf girlfriend, but with this baby coming it ruins the whole thing. We will have the werewolves family. :puke:. I can see it now, forced humor using an infant werewolf who doesnt yet know how to control his shapeshifting. He eats a cat or something. Har har. Sheez, I hope that takes a different turn before we see the scene where Henry is holding his newborn Wolfie with mama Erica looking adoringly on from her medical bed in the Sanctuary. Then a nursery, OMG.

This shipping is taking my mind to unpleasant places for this show! Give us abnormals. Pleeeeease? :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Abby gets accidentally converted into a Vampire during one of Tesla's experiments - and wants to become the new queen of Sanguine Vampiris. Will is the one who has to destroy her.....:mrgreen:

G

Graybrew1

Abby gets accidentally converted into a Vampire during one of Tesla's experiments - and wants to become the new queen of Sanguine Vampiris. Will is the one who has to destroy her.....:mrgreen:

You have a dark side to you today, Bud. :icon_lol:

Just get rid of her, I don't care how. She is just not interesting to me at all.