'Same universe' BSG to hit PEACOCK by Mr Robot Creator

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Generally speaking, if they say that this is going to explore different aspects of the franchise while staying true to it, it's going to be another Star Trek Discovery guaranteed! It's just another attempt at these directors doing a sale pitch inorder to secure funding and secure their jobs so they can bring food to the table. I have seen this nonsense before from all these directors - they constantly say the same thing over and over again and expect different results.
Article from 2017 to back my statement.

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2017/9...review-cbs-alex-kurtzman-sonequa-martin-green

look, its going to be whatever it takes to fill programming requirements for these new streamers

they are not going to fill up their programming with stuff like Dr Phil, game shows or Judge Judy, or whatever

they are going to search for any number of old shows/movies which had some level of success before and then max it out to fill the need and satisfy subscribers

like with disney and planet of the apes, their marvel shows, star wars shows, and whatever else they got going on, cbs with picard and the other ST shows planned, NBC with this, i bet they resurrect/re imagine stuff like law and order as well.

its going to be a landslide of all kinds of stuff of all types o f quality i am sure
if we get something good in all of that, then i'd be happy

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The thing I notice about the people they mention is no science fiction creds at all.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
with nearly 20 yrs of a near sci fi wasteland, are they any sci fi people left?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Actually there are. The writers room for The Orville for example is filled with them.

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan
with nearly 20 yrs of a near sci fi wasteland, are they any sci fi people left?
The writers of DS9 are still around. They made that documentary two years ago.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
One reason it was labeled as 're-imagined'

I don't think BSG can pull off a second re-imagining. This stinks of "lets make more money off the name recognition and redo this thing! plus, we can skim off scads of production money and line our pockets". I stopped watching the NuBSG because of all the dumb exposition and drawn out drama. It strayed too far from it's roots IMO. So, is this re-imagining of the original or of NuBSG?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Actually there are. The writers room for The Orville for example is filled with them.

yeah but they are engaged arn't they?

doesnt matter what show is re booted or continued, etc, they will be done by every streamer out there looking for content

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I don't think BSG can pull off a second re-imagining. This stinks of "lets make more money off the name recognition and redo this thing! plus, we can skim off scads of production money and line our pockets". I stopped watching the NuBSG because of all the dumb exposition and drawn out drama. It strayed too far from it's roots IMO. So, is this re-imagining of the original or of NuBSG?

they haven't really said anything other then it is set like 150,000 yrs from now --mirroring the crazy time setting of the nubsg ending btw. but if it turns out to be that far into our future, who knows what kind of setting, tech and ships, etc, it will have

so it could be an extension of nubsg or old bsg or a whole new thing

if nubsg, it would fit the story in that mythos of recurring faults in humanity making the same mistakes over and over again

just have to wait and see i guess

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
"WISH LIST"

the brief info given is that it may be in the nuBSG universe (show runner saying no reasons to undo/redo the "perfection" of RDM)

but set in our future.. i think the article said 30,000 yrs, but i think maybe 3000 would be more like it, or the yr 3000. 30,000yrs is enough time for our civ to rise to its top,fall then rise again. i think the purpose of ending nuBSG in our present day with the epilogue would be undone if they went too far into the future-skipping a whole cycle of "all this has happened before..."

i am sure i am the only one here who would like to see it set around say 3000ad and have it open to the "head" 6 and "head" baltar characters walking through the NYC of tha ttime-as they did in nuBSG ending, talking about how it was time to for "IT all to begin again...lets see if man has learned its lessons yet"

this would give the attn needed to those TOS characters known as the beings of light, who in nuBSG the 'head' creatures basically are