'Same universe' BSG to hit PEACOCK by Mr Robot Creator

DrWho42

GateFans Member

Lord Ba'al

Well Known GateFan

DrWho42

GateFans Member
yeah, but it doesn't necessarily clarify if it'll be a spin-off within that universe hence why i said that. :s like if it'll follow another ragtag fugitive fleet, another iteration of the battlestar galactica ("all this happened before and will happen again"), something set during the first cylon war, etc.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Why don't they bring back Babylon 5 instead? BSG AGAIN?

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
yeah, but it doesn't necessarily clarify if it'll be a spin-off within that universe hence why i said that. :s like if it'll follow another ragtag fugitive fleet, another iteration of the battlestar galactica ("all this happened before and will happen again"), something set during the first cylon war, etc.

well they say they are not going to 'mess with perfection', so that leaves out the main story we know

caprica kind of gave some background

a "new story within the mythology" to me, suggests that it may either be the cylon revolt/war or maybe going back to Kobal before the exodus? all without changing anything from the two RDM shows

------------------

this kind of thing is going to happen more and more with all kind of shows

got to fill the selections lists for all of those new and current streaming services you know?

disney is going to do a PLANET OF THE APES show and probably movies

i am waiting for someone to do I LOVE LUCY or DRAGNET or HONEYMOONERS any day now

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
here is more info

so it can very well be in the nubsg verse (which, yes, i know, ad nauseum, everyone here hates)

why can it be even though it sounds like the same story? and remember, the over all theme of "all of this has happened before and will happen again"

well, the quote below, states, it happens in the 7th century AD. that is, our future, all of the TOS BSG and nubsg happened in our past

so, in accordance with the mantra, it will all happen again (as the 'angel' 6 and Baltar also alluded to in the final scene of nubsg that it might) it will happen again, but in slightly different version of the previous. the only odd thing that doesn't fit, is they will be searching for 'earth'.

"As for the premise, here is what is rumored as a possible plot of the series. In the seventh millennium A.D., in a galaxy very far away, a thousand-year-old war rages: that of humanity versus the Cylons, a mechanical race of beings. When the humans’ twelve planets are destroyed by a Cylon invasion force, the survivors flee in 220 spaceships following the Galactica — a gigantic battlestar spaceship — in a search for a “thirteenth” planet, an obscure little world known in folklore as “Earth.”

from https://deadline.com/2019/09/battle...ail-nbc-streaming-service-peacock-1202736127/

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Well for one thing doing such a thing would mean Head Six was wrong in the last scene of the show. It would also mean the entire series finale was completely pointless.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Well for one thing doing such a thing would mean Head Six was wrong in the last scene of the show. It would also mean the entire series finale was completely pointless.

neither of them would be wrong or right, they were speculating.
the entire finale would not be pointless, it showed the whole "thing" happening again at its start, 100,000yrs ago

when you here them talking about technology run amok and the other issues of this world, they are discussing how it reminds them of the other worlds and other iterations of 'earth' and man vs his technology

but i know you are all awaiting Mr DoomDicks 'predictions' and sentence as to whether you are all supposed to like it not :)

it may suck or it may be good. may be something entirely different or a flat out repeat

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Someone needs to relax a little. I never mentioned Doomcock and in fact only catch his videos rarely.

If they really set up another scenario like the previous show then yes Head Six was wrong. And yes out means the finale (bad as it was) was pointless.

I’d rather see a show where humanity is starting to really explore space and encounters a vast machine civilization that arose from the Centurions whom the Five gave the Base Ship to. Center the show on these two cultures - humanity which has no memory of the Centurions and the Centurions who do remember humanity - interacting and over time humanity discovers its past.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
Centurions whom the Five gave the Base Ship to
that could very well be the tie in

according to the info from the showrunner, it is set in the 7th century ad. this will be the first time a BSG story has been in the future.

that would have given those centurions like 156,000 yrs to evolve

again RDM and crew really screwed up with that choice of time for their arrival here. they should have done it at about 10,000 BC. right when we know, in reality, so many changes did occur to man. everything from the occurrence of blue eyes to the dating of all of these, so called 'lost civilizations' that have been turning up

hopefully, we can all agree that we don't want to see a SJW fest....

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I never mentioned Doomcock

i was just getting that out of the way as it is a certainty that someone will put up a video from him on this sooner or later

in this instance my use of 'you' was meant to be more general in application and not specific to 'you'--sorry about that :)

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
@DrWho42 , what do you think?

does the show 'need' to be added to? because it sounds as if it will be a continuation of some sort?

what did you think of the original or the BSG from 15yrs ago? CAPRICA?
-----------------------------------------------------------------
there are only really about 2 things that get ppl all hot and smoky here at gf's-- 1 is politics, the 2nd is nuBSG :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

does the show 'need' to be added to? because it sounds as if it will be a continuation of some sort?

there are only really about 2 things that get ppl all hot and smoky here at gf's-- 1 is politics, the 2nd is nuBSG :)

I dunno, I still prefer the more simple BSG premise than the NuBSG one. I did not like the idea of human Cylons, or the introduction of Head Six. To me, she was jst T&A to make the show appeal to teenage boys and body ambitious teen girls. I was put off by the female Starbuck and Boomer.

DrWho42

GateFans Member

i loved both for different reasons, although i never got around to the novels richard hatch co-authored. admittedly, i'd probably be more into more babylon 5 but idk if it'll work unless JMS is involved (same with blake's 7).

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
B5 was pretty much wrapped up at its end, so it would either be a complete re-make, and the dangers remakes bring (current socio political issues ,etc) or more of the 'fill in the blanks' type story, but there isn't much of that to tell either and still have the story be about B5

i would say that B5 is still my favorite sci fi show

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
did not like the idea of human Cylons, or the introduction of Head Six.

why not? i thought you liked shows like HUMANS?
--------------------------------------------------------------
'the 'head' creatures were just another facet from the original show. in that we had the Seraphs or beings of light. the new take was just that, a new take on the old. a lot of nubsg's plots and issues were taken from the original, like when starbuck is marooned on a planet with a cylon

happened in both shows, just in a different way

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
why not? i thought you liked shows like HUMANS?
--------------------------------------------------------------
'the 'head' creatures were just another facet from the original show. in that we had the Seraphs or beings of light. the new take was just that, a new take on the old. a lot of nubsg's plots and issues were taken from the original, like when starbuck is marooned on a planet with a cylon

happened in both shows, just in a different way

I loved Humans. But I also loved original BSG and NuBSG tossed that out the window. The Cylons were clearly different from humans and they did not play psychological games. The new one had too much interpersonal drama not only with the humans but with the Cylons too.

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
I loved Humans. But I also loved original BSG and NuBSG tossed that out the window. The Cylons were clearly different from humans and they did not play psychological games. The new one had too much interpersonal drama not only with the humans but with the Cylons too.

One reason it was labeled as 're-imagined'

YJ02

Well Known GateFan
i just want to re-iterate, we will seeing a lot more of this kind of thing in the mad rush to create content for all of these streamers now that the old line, 'big 3' broadcasters have finally realized that the old methods of transmission (antennae, cable and sat) are dead or dying

i don't think we will be able to think of ONE show from our youths that will NOT be remade for these purposes