Roberto Orci out as “Trek 3” director

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
As expected that was a big can of nothing. Reporting that "Star Trek" will be filming in two months. Maybe when they update who and what is filming next Friday. They might give us a hint when and where all of the Star Trek action might come about.

Huge sets have to be built some where.

If they film in Vancouver I hope they use the 'Bridge Studios' after April and leave them standing for a possible TV series.

Last edited:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I'll give you the one from 35 years back, and take the one from 50 years ago. Sci-fi at its beginning; phasors and anti-matter chambers. Kirk sometimes got the girl. Spock always came up with the answers. It was totally fun and you knew there was always something dead ahead and really angry.

Ill keep the original I watched as a kid from 50 years back, also the ones from 35 years back, and for me that is where it has ended until it is REALLY rebooted again. These last Trek films are something other than Trek.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
Ill keep the original I watched as a kid from 50 years back, also the ones from 35 years back, and for me that is where it has ended until it is REALLY rebooted again. These last Trek films are something other than Trek.

I was watching one of the Trek shows half way through, and someone said that Vulcan was destroyed and I promptly turned the channel. They must have had a very large utility budget with those bright studio sets.

Same thing with Doctor Who: When they started to mention that they had destroyed all of the Daleks I thought there was no more fun in that show and stopped watching immediately. Never to look back. Maybe this spring I will go back and do some watching. Probably not though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I was watching one of the Trek shows half way through, and someone said that Vulcan was destroyed and I promptly turned the channel. They must have had a very large utility budget with those bright studio sets.

Same thing with Doctor Who: When they started to mention that they had destroyed all of the Daleks I thought there was no more fun in that show and stopped watching immediately. Never to look back. Maybe this spring I will go back and do some watching. Probably not though.

Supposedly they were all killed in the Time War, but they might have repopulated. They cant kill off all the Daleks, like they didnt kill all the Vulcans, but they still blew it up. I think Abrams wanted to remake Vulcan and also Vulcans themselves. You know, make them ALL "emotionally compromised".

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
The Daleks are certainly not gone from the Whoniverse.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
As expected that was a big can of nothing. Reporting that "Star Trek" will be filming in two months. Maybe when they update who and what is filming next Friday. They might give us a hint when and where all of the Star Trek action might come about.

Huge sets have to be built some where.

If they film in Vancouver I hope they use the 'Bridge Studios' after April and leave them standing for a possible TV series.

Here I poo-poohed "Deadpool" as being a can of nothing, when my favourite movie blogger mistook that movie for the new "Star Trek". Goes to show how often I am wrong.

I guess in comic-book-ville he might be a biggy, but Ryan Reynolds in an X-Man movie? Turning on my TV once in a while might save me some embarrassment.

Gatefan1976

Well Known GateFan
Deadpool has been made "big" by stuff like "ultimate spiderman" and his game. He's a 4th wall breaking character, and he is fun for that, but that's about it.

Here is the Ultimate spiderman ep:

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
Here I poo-poohed "Deadpool" as being a can of nothing, when my favourite movie blogger mistook that movie for the new "Star Trek". Goes to show how often I am wrong.

I guess in comic-book-ville he might be a biggy, but Ryan Reynolds in an X-Man movie? Turning on my TV once in a while might save me some embarrassment.

I didn't know much about Deadpool until I saw that movie. From what little research I've done he seems interesting as characters go. As I understand it he was killed off in the Wolverine movie, which is a shame as I was really grooving on his sword action. The was some cool shit.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
On the good side both are talented writers. On the bad side Jung has no SciFi creds and Pegg has limited ones.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
On the good side both are talented writers. On the bad side Jung has no SciFi creds and Pegg has limited ones.

The good thing is that Pegg seems to be an enthusiastic fan of the scifi genre so that can only help (I hope).

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
That much is true. Pegg is a full bore geek.