pinkglassesf.gif
wub.gif
yep that's the one! :smiley_squee:

You women, don't you EVER grow up........................:laughing:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Oh, good lord. Not the amazingly stupendous barrel-chest. :icon_lol:

The man was blessed with a nice mesomorphic frame, but seeing him without a shirt on shows that he does NOTHING in the way of exercise or working out. His muscles...well, he doesnt have any. :) He looks soft and squishy.

Bluce Ree

Tech Admin / Council Member
The man was blessed with a nice mesomorphic frame, but seeing him without a shirt on shows that he does NOTHING in the way of exercise or working out. His muscles...well, he doesnt have any. :) He looks soft and squishy.

LOL @ soft and squishy :rotflmao:

OMNI

My avatar speaks for itself.
TOPIC people... if you wanna swoon over dupod dupi dopop or whats his face make a thunk thread or whatever the hell they are called.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
TOPIC people... if you wanna swoon over dupod dupi dopop or whats his face make a thunk thread or whatever the hell they are called.

rise-planet-apes-tittle.jpg

:P

OMNI

what the hell? cant you people read? i said stay on topic!!

so stop with these derailments.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
what the hell? cant you people read? i said stay on topic!!

so stop with these derailments.
Okay, speculation on the NEXT movie? I say it will be a re-do of Conquest for the Planet of the Apes. Rise was a missing chapter in the original saga, and the new saga started where the original should have started. So, I think that the new colony of apes in the redwood forest will grow and become the core of a simian army. I also think that the new virus used in the second formula will become airborne and will kill off most humans and (if they nod to the original movies), dogs and cats. Its hard to call. We DO know that the new formula can kill humans. We also know that the "enhancements" are passed from mother to child.

I thought it was very cool that they showed the original three groups as being in charge. The Orangutans, Gorillas and Chimpanzees. :)

OMNI

Okay, speculation on the NEXT movie? I say it will be a re-do of Conquest for the Planet of the Apes. Rise was a missing chapter in the original saga, and the new saga started where the original should have started. So, I think that the new colony of apes in the redwood forest will grow and become the core of a simian army. I also think that the new virus used in the second formula will become airborne and will kill off most humans and (if they nod to the original movies), dogs and cats. Its hard to call. We DO know that the new formula can kill humans. We also know that the "enhancements" are passed from mother to child.

I thought it was very cool that they showed the original three groups as being in charge. The Orangutans, Gorillas and Chimpanzees. :)
well since i havnt seen the original POTA movies out of fear for getting "Cheese syndrome" i cant really speculate.

what i can say tho is that if the next movie is anything like this one im sure ill enjoy it alot!

SciphonicStranger

Objects may be closer than they appear
well since i havnt seen the original POTA movies out of fear for getting "Cheese syndrome" i cant really speculate.

what i can say tho is that if the next movie is anything like this one im sure ill enjoy it alot!

I think you should at least watch the original POTA movie sometime Omni. I think we have a thread here somewhere too if you'd like to comment on it. :)

S

Stonelesscutter

ooh you do eh? im not sure... i FEAR the cheese man...

I love the original Planet of the Apes movies. If you consider when they were made they are actually very well done.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The original Apes films may not have had the spiffiest SFX but the acting and writing were way better than what we get nowadays. For example, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes was well acted (especially Roddy McDowell as Caesar) and had a killer script.

shavedape

Well Known GateFan
The original Apes films may not have had the spiffiest SFX but the acting and writing were way better than what we get nowadays. For example, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes was well acted (especially Roddy McDowell as Caesar) and had a killer script.

I have to agree with this. What they lacked in SFX and CGI they made up for in acting and genuine story telling. Roddy McDowell was a damn good actor who played many cool roles. He should never be missed.

mzzz

Well Known GateFan
I dunno - Conquest and Battle are my two favorite POTA films.

In Conquest, although it is never explicitly stated that the space germ that killed cats and dogs also was altering apes it is a plot point in the background the entire film, as alarm is spreading about the Ape slaves (by the time of the film the Apes that were loved pets have become brutally conditioned servants) rapidly escalating scores on intelligence testing. Then you have Ricardo Montalban's murder, Caesar hiding amongst the slaves and his finally starting to plot the revolt, which goes off fairly well (although costing the lives of a lot of Apes). Plus Caesar's speech at the end is fantastic, as he starts out bloody minded but Lisa (his mate) gets him off the boil and he winds up counseling mercy to his fellow Apes. By the way, Roddy McDowell did fantastic work as first Cornelius and then Caesar.

Rise has superior CGI but its science is just as far fetched (the other Apes gain intelligence almost instantly from cannisters of the gene substance that Caesar rolls down their ranks and the same substance starts a global pandemic amongst humans) as that of Conquest. I think I prefer Conquest's development of its plot (the loss of cats and dogs and apes beginning as pets then becoming slaves in a human society that has turned pretty fascistic) - it's both more deliberate and also gives more justification for an Ape revolt.

I would also advise watching Conquest and Battle as a unit. Battle finishes the plotline out and we see how Cornelius and Zira truly changed history. Thanks to them, Caesar is the Lawgiver not Aldo (who he kills in Battle). Caesar learns of the events of Beneath the Planet of the Apes and determines that things will not develop the same way again. The whole series thus ends in a changed future - it's pretty clever.

I don't know much about the whole thing as a series, but in this movie, I was a little put off by how those apes were able to gain developed brains so quickly when Caesar took a while but I think the dose Caesar brought to them was a more aggressive formula cause the scientist dude went back because it stopped working on his dad, he went to make a more aggressive one. But yeah, the revolt thing happened kind of fast but I still enjoyed the film, it had more story than all the crap that have come out lately. It is getting more praise for its story and essence than visuals which is a good thing I would think.

OMNI

I don't know much about the whole thing as a series, but in this movie, I was a little put off by how those apes were able to gain developed brains so quickly when Caesar took a while but I think the dose Caesar brought to them was a more aggressive formula cause the scientist dude went back because it stopped working on his dad, he went to make a more aggressive one. But yeah, the revolt thing happened kind of fast but I still enjoyed the film, it had more story than all the crap that have come out lately. It is getting more praise for its story and essence than visuals which is a good thing I would think.
yup!