Ratings Predictions

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
yep they know/planned it's going down...so why waste the ad dollars and time?

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member

And when V comes back it will go even lower.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

And when V comes back it will go even lower.

yep it sure will! :D:D

the predictions:
OCgatergalsg1: 1.8
Rac80: .98
stclare: 1.72
PSW: 1.45
Mr. Anderson: 1.61
agent509: 1.8
AML: 1.5
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Overmind One: 1.6
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
b-dubya 4.67 (because it's a premiere and the tuesday slot is better)
Aragon101 1.4 (But really hoping for sub 1 mill)
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51
A Nonny Mouse 1.4
Joelist .9

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
needed ratings for sgpoo

Found this interesting little screenshot from briangate on GW:
screenshot60.jpg

So sgpoo can't really drop below the 1.4-1.5 ratings mark....it's going to premiere at submillion(yaaaaay!!!) and then it will definitely be going down........

:sgufan:

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Found this interesting little screenshot from briangate on GW:
screenshot60.jpg

So sgpoo can't really drop below the 1.4-1.5 ratings mark....it's going to premiere at submillion(yaaaaay!!!) and then it will definitely be going down........

:sgufan:

Well the target figure has gone down from 1.6mill to 1.4-1.5 thats a shame I was hoping they would insist it gets 1.7-1.8 to get its third season :puke:

On the other hand im still concerned by the buzz DH & RP have created by going on ths train wreck as ive seen quite a few people who are tuning in for all of season 2 to get the ep these two will be in, not realising that its a complete waste of time and they will be bitterly disappointed after ep 15 when we get the wishy washy version of both charcters and probably only 7-8 mins screen time NOT on the destiney either!

SerenityS

GateFans Member
Not sure what kind of ratings Dirty Jobs gets, wonder if it will have any effect on SGU?

TVBytheNumbers has Dirty Jobs on Discovery Tuesdays at 9pm, starting in October:
DIRTY JOBS – Returning Tuesdays at 9 PM Beginning October 19th
Mike Rowe, the world’s most sought-after guinea pig for all things dirty and messy, returns Tuesdays at 9PM beginning October 19th, for brand-new episodes of the Emmy®-nominated series DIRTY JOBS. In the continuation of season five, Mike will try his hand at professions such as a meat processor, a landfill operator, coin cleaner, horse tester and bug detective, adding even more diversity to his extensive resume. By enduring these occupations, he serves as apprentice to the hard-working and skilled men and women who make civilized life possible for the rest of us each and every day.
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/09/1...ty-jobs-ghost-lab-are-back-this-october/63116

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Theres no way SGU can maintain a 1.4 average. That's how well it did in the season finale which are usually significantly higher than regular episodes!

Lilith

GateFans Noob
the predictions:
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51
A Nonny Mouse 1.4
Joelist .9
Sabella 1.65
Lilith 1.07[/QUOTE]

geijin

GateFans Noob
the predictions:
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51
A Nonny Mouse 1.4
Joelist .9
Sabella 1.65
Lilith 1.07
Jim of WVa 1.51
Geijin .75 (with the caveat that that is the first airing at 7pm. I think the second airing will bump it up to 1.55 as nothing much else is on. I still won't watch it.)

I stand with Aragon101 and hope for a sub 1 premiere, which is not out of the question, since its squaring off against new episodes of NCIS, Glee, and Biggest Loser, and the premiere of No Ordinary Family, on SGPoo's first airing. Here's to hoping for a fiery train wreck of epic failness.

alien0

GateFans Noob
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51
A Nonny Mouse 1.4
Joelist .9
Sabella 1.65
Lilith 1.07
Jim of WVa 1.51
Geijin .75 (with the caveat that that is the first airing at 7pm. I think the second airing will bump it up to 1.55 as nothing much else is on. I still won't watch it.)

alien0 1.38

im really exited ^^ it's happening again :icon_e_smile:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I really want to revise my vote...can I?

Is it allowed to revise my vote after making it already? If so, my new revised number is in parentheses! :)

SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Overmind One: 1.6 (I would like to revise this to 0.95 after watching NCIS:LA's premiere)
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51
A Nonny Mouse 1.4
Joelist .9
Sabella 1.65
Lilith 1.07
Jim of WVa 1.51
alien0 1.38

stclare

Is it allowed to revise my vote after making it already? If so, my new revised number is in parentheses! :)

SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Overmind One: 1.6 (I would like to revise this to 0.95 after watching NCIS:LA's premiere)
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51
A Nonny Mouse 1.4
Joelist .9
Sabella 1.65
Lilith 1.07
Jim of WVa 1.51
alien0 1.38

Do you now something we dont? sneaky!

Does anyone have an idea what UK time the ratings will be posted here on wednesday?

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51
A Nonny Mouse 1.4
Joelist .9
Sabella 1.65
Lilith 1.07
Jim of WVa 1.51
alien0 1.38

heehee NCIS:LA is really GOOD isn't it? I was impressed and knew that if I had the choice between Chris O'Donnell and Robert Carlylse, I'd watch O'Donnell....he bathes more frequently!:P

stclare

heehee NCIS:LA is really GOOD isn't it? I was impressed and knew that if I had the choice between Chris O'Donnell and Robert Carlylse, I'd watch O'Donnell....he bathes more frequently!:P

also weve soon CO'D in an all leather ensamble including itty bitty black mask (batman :facepalm:) AND IS APPARENTLY BENDY????? where as RC is well.....looking about ready to sell the "big issue" i will never get the point of HIM looking in character if the rest of the cast are fully manicured, had there hair and make up done and uniforms pressed to within an inch of there lives - consistency people!

Oh was there a fully furnished hair & make up salon in the survival kit?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Well...

Actually, NCIS is better than NCIS:LA, but from the schedules I see, NCIS:LA immediately follows NCIS and I really believe that the viewers of NCIS will warm up to NCIS:LA like the SG-1 fans warmed up to Atlantis (I loved Atlantis from episode 1!). Its such a strong pairing that I am positive it will hurt SGU because the drama is better, but so is the action and the characters. Its worth a look see! I dont want to make a thread about it because its sooo not science fiction. But its still a big threat to SGU.

:sgusucks:

V is supposed to return in November, and they will most likely leave it at 9:00pm on Tuesday which will put it against CBS's NCIS. But since its science fiction and Jane Badler is in the premiere episode, it is going to be a HUGE draw for many dormant V fans from the first show. It will be phenomenal for V, and particularly devastating for SGU.

:laughing:

But for my predictions, I noticed how similar NCIS:LA is to NCIS, and I think the new NCIS:LA fans will tune into NCIS first, or even V at 9:00pm.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Actually, NCIS is better than NCIS:LA, but from the schedules I see, NCIS:LA immediately follows NCIS and I really believe that the viewers of NCIS will warm up to NCIS:LA like the SG-1 fans warmed up to Atlantis (I loved Atlantis from episode 1!). Its such a strong pairing that I am positive it will hurt SGU because the drama is better, but so is the action and the characters. Its worth a look see! I dont want to make a thread about it because its sooo not science fiction. But its still a big threat to SGU.

:sgusucks:

V is supposed to return in November, and they will most likely leave it at 9:00pm on Tuesday which will put it against CBS's NCIS. But since its science fiction and Jane Badler is in the premiere episode, it is going to be a HUGE draw for many dormant V fans from the first show. It will be phenomenal for V, and particularly devastating for SGU.

:laughing:

But for my predictions, I noticed how similar NCIS:LA is to NCIS, and I think the new NCIS:LA fans will tune into NCIS first, or even V at 9:00pm.

Yep, NCIS:LA is definite competition. also...since it is filmed in LA it's has better lighting! :rolleyes: yeah yeah I know I drone on and on about the lighting in sgpoo...but hell dark is supposed to describe the emotional content...not the set! :P

NCIS LA started a few weeks ago in Germany. I didn't really like the series, when it was introduced during a double episode of NCIS, but I still watched the premiere of NCIS LA. I wanted to give it another chance, because I really love NCIS. And I must say I really love NCIS LA now! That small boss woman is a vast improvement to the other boss. And it doesn't hurt that the two main characters are easy on the eyes. :D

If I would live in the USA, I think even much better series than SGU wouldn't have a chance against NCIS LA for me personally. There aren't many series on TV at the moment, which I like as much as NCIS LA. Let us hope that many US Americans share my opinion! :D

well NCIS is the #1 show in the usa many weeks and NCIS:LA wins it's timeslot. It's the second season of the who and i can't see fans leaving to "try" sgpoo...why leave something good?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Yes, NCIS:LA is really good! Not as good as NCIS, but still way better than SGU!

Its so stupid for them to put this show on Tuesday night with the drama shows! If it was good drama, it might stand a chance, but its just outside of "acceptable" drama. For GOOD drama, NCIS and NCIS:LA win hands down. I was really surprised at NCIS:LA...its really good and I already like the characters!

SGU, you lived a short and tortured life. :facepalm:

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Its so stupid for them to put this show on Tuesday night with the drama shows! If it was good drama, it might stand a chance, but its just outside of "acceptable" drama. For GOOD drama, NCIS and NCIS:LA win hands down. I was really surprised at NCIS:LA...its really good and I already like the characters!

SGU, you lived a short and tortured life. :facepalm:

TPTB couldn't figure out that people like "Likable" characters!

PSW- "the small boss woman" is played by Linda Hunt one of the greatest character actresses out there. She won an Oscar (Academy Award for best supporting actress) in 1982 for playing an asian man in The Year of Living Dangerously. that is what defines an excellent actor/actress of high caliber, not a guy who only phones in his role...:P-- merely IMHO of course! ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
You know why I love her? She was the Fremen maid in Dune!

TPTB couldn't figure out that people like "Likable" characters!

PSW- "the small boss woman" is played by Linda Hunt one of the greatest character actresses out there. She won an Oscar (Academy Award for best supporting actress) in 1982 for playing an asian man in The Year of Living Dangerously. that is what is an excellent actor/actress of high caliber, not a guy who only phones in his role...:P

She was Mapes in one of my favorite movies, Dune with Kyle McLaughlin:

mapes.jpg

She was also the voice of the superhero costume design lab Couturier in The Incredibles. She is a perfectly proportioned dwarf, I believe. I love her in NCIS:LA!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
She was Mapes in one of my favorite movies, Dune with Kyle McLaughlin:

View attachment 1126

She was also the voice of the superhero costume design lab Couturier in The Incredibles. She is a perfectly proportioned dwarf, I believe. I love her in NCIS:LA!

I loved her as the principal In KIndergarten Cop...her and Ahhhnold played off each other very well. :D
(actually the voice of Edna in the Incredibles was a man (Brad Bird) , and the cartoon character was based on a costume designer, Edith Head, from Hollywood's Golden Age. :D learned that in the extras on the dvd...hubby loves that movie!:))