Mr. Anderson: 1.61
agent509: 1.8
AML: 1.5
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Overmind One: 1.6
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
b-dubya 4.67 (because it's a premiere and the tuesday slot is better)
Aragon101 1.4 (But really hoping for sub 1 mill)
SerenityS 1.58

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Massive Fail Redux

OCgatergalsg1: 1.8
Rac80: .98
stclare: 1.72
PSW: 1.45
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25

agent509

GateFans Noob
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99

ROFL!!! you've got to be kidding me! The highest rating this last season was only half that! Until recently, even most burn notice episodes didn't get that!

b-dubya

GateFans Noob
Yes, yes, I will have the last laugh. Besides, you muffinheads know *you* will watch the S2 premiere (even if just to trash it blindly later on). So, when even the haters watch a show, you know it will bring in the numbers. I was conservative with the 4.67, I don't want to destroy you lot by that much.

Maybe we should start a contest. One designated staffmember would list the sum of differences between the prediction and the actual rating for each user. The user with the smallest number at the end of S2.0 and S2.5 (the closest to the real numbers) would win. I think we know who would win that competition.... :joy:

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

Yes, yes, I will have the last laugh. Besides, you muffinheads know *you* will watch the S2 premiere (even if just to trash it blindly later on). So, when even the haters watch a show, you know it will bring in the numbers. I was conservative with the 4.67, I don't want to destroy you lot by that much.

Maybe we should start a contest. One designated staffmember would list the sum of differences between the prediction and the actual rating for each user. The user with the smallest number at the end of S2.0 and S2.5 (the closest to the real numbers) would win. I think we know who would win that competition.... :joy:
Well that's funny because my ratings estimate is as yet undetermined as it is based on the unpredictability that is inherent with SGU which is the "watching it streaming" factor.

As soon as this show becomes good enough to pay for, I may watch it on TV to the point where it receives ratings!.......................... As may the rest of the intelligent world.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
one smart mama!

Hey, I have a bid on the other poll saying SGU will only go sub-mil on the 4th episode! :mckayrolleyes:
yeah I am hedging my bets! besides snookie watches NCIS:LA and says it will slaughter sgpoo! ;) and my girl is very smart!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball

but NONE of us are stupid enough to watch it live (if we had a neilson box) and thus add to the ratings ...:rolleyes:

Ok someone needs to call the looney bin and let them know it escaped! ;)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Wha....

SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99

4.67 Million Viewers? For Stargate Universe?

shocked.jpeg

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

that's if you count the dogs, cats, and fish that are forced to watch! ;)

& the tapeworms who are forced to watch this dross whilst their hosts are facing away from the screen & smashing some pasty.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
I think it would act like this.

I would NEVER force my cat to watch SGU - how cruel.

If you threatened your cat with SGU, he/she might react like this!

cute-kitty-standing-up-kitten.jpg

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Have syfy upted the anti on promoting season 2 yet? not being in the US i tend to look on LJ but im not seeing hyped up journals etc. I was wondering if they have begun the advertising campaighn and wether they had invested as much in it as last year. remember the projection for unitrash they did on the side of a building and adverts in movie theatres any of that about?

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Somehow I doubt that. Things didnt quite go as planned!

Have syfy upted the anti on promoting season 2 yet? not being in the US i tend to look on LJ but im not seeing hyped up journals etc. I was wondering if they have begun the advertising campaighn and wether they had invested as much in it as last year. remember the projection for unitrash they did on the side of a building and adverts in movie theatres any of that about?

I think that the original projections that Syfy assumed would exist for this show never materialized. The ultra dismal SGU DVD sales, the lack of fan interest as measured by viewership ratings and negative criticism coming from the Stargate fandom itself ruined any expanded marketing plans. Where would the money to have such a campaign come from? :)

The writers/producers were SO SURE that they had a hit show in those cans in October didnt know that the show would be DOA. But the shilling has already started over at IMDb and Amazon and of course Gateworld.

Will

GateFans Noob
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51

A Nonny Mouse

GateFans Noob
SexyDexy 1.34
US06154 1.1
Piginpoo 1.2
JACKS .99
SerenityS 1.58
SG-Rocks 1.25
Will 1.51
A Nonny Mouse 1.4

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
even tptb know it sucks!

Well, actually snookie and I have commented on this on GW. syfy is owned by NBC-Universal and they have been cross promoting many shows....covert affairs being promoted on NBC and A&E, the NBC fall shows being promoted on USA and syfy. etc...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ads seen for sgpoo anywhere! so nope, tptb haven't been promoting sgpoo anywhere! :P

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
Well, actually snookie and I have commented on this on GW. syfy is owned by NBC-Universal and they have been cross promoting many shows....covert affairs being promoted on NBC and A&E, the NBC fall shows being promoted on USA and syfy. etc...but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO ads seen for sgpoo anywhere! so nope, tptb haven't been promoting sgpoo anywhere! :P

Cutting there losses do you think? only 2 weeks(ish) till its back and they started promoting well early even during the split season last year.