Primeval getting a Canadian spin off

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The "wrong" wasn't the show but ITV. The network went into some finance troubles and cancelled Primeval in 2009 after the third season. The reason WHY there's a fourth and fifth season is because the BBC gave the needed money. Original Primeval was a co-production between ITV, ProSieben (German) and one or two other networks. The other networks all together ordered a fourth season but there wasn't enough money to made it. The BBC had Primeval on reruns and seems more SciFi-fans-friendly so they filled in.
Funny, you are still waiting for the fifth season? ProSieben decided to air the last two seasons in one so *once more after Pushing Daisies* we here in Germany are faster than you over there. Here Primeval is already done *sniff*. It's good to know that Space will have a Spinoff. It was an awesome show!

No, I have seen all 5 seasons. Im waiting for season 6. :)

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
And now in 2012, this show has a name: Primeval: New World.

EXCELLENT! Before starting a new thread here about this show, I used the search feature and found that our very own heisenberg broke this story last September here. Now, this spinoff has a name: Primeval: New World

This show is fleshing out, and a very surprising roster of Stargate veterans are appearing on the list of players. I have crawled and found this stuff:

Teaser! from Vancouver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RdLcr6EIu0

Here are some great articles:

http://scifibulletin.com/primeval/interview-co-creator-adrian-hodges-discusses-primeval-new-world/

The pilot script that I read and commented on: obviously it’s starting a new story with new characters, but it certainly runs concurrently. What it doesn’t do is break any of the mythology, or change any of that. It may not refer to it necessarily but it is a universe in which it would be absolutely appropriate for one of the cast of the other show to turn up.
The Canadians are going to do their own thing and we will be watching that with interest. We do have an executive producer role and a consultation role, and we’re very keen to help them wherever we can. We will have input, as it is a co-production. We want to make sure they don’t veer off into an area that messes with what we have done.

***LOOKIE HERE*** :icon_e_wink:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2295953/fullcredits#directors

primevalnewworld.PNG

Go Amanda! :joy: This show is awesome, especially if it will be anything like the first two seasons of the British Primeval series. Mr. Andersen hipped me to that series (miss him) and it was awesome all the way up to season 5, but then the show just wasnt renewed and left in limbo. Not canceled, just not renewed. Then the announcement that this new show would be Canadian has brought it within the hands of the very people who brought us the feel of Stargate and Sanctuary. You owe yourself a rewatch of the Primeval series. Not sure if it is still on Netflix.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
The only person missing is Damien Kindler. Having Tapping and other SG people on board is very encouraging.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
The only person missing is Damien Kindler. Having Tapping and other SG people on board is very encouraging.

Have you seen Primeval? I got hooked with the first episode. I have seen all 5 seasons and was waiting for the 6th with the original Connor and Abby, but the series had them locked into the past together. That is a fitting ending for them, a new Adam and Eve. This show is a new one, but a spinoff and it comes across the pond to Canada. Damien Kindler could come onboard, who knows? I have high hopes for this show. The original changed SEVERAL times, switching sometimes very abruptly, and killing off characters and bringing them back as different characters (Claudia). You should watch the series if you havent already. :)

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
They came back actually and there is a whole other season it sounds like you may have missed. It ends with the resolution of the plots around the New Dawn anomaly and also the Phillip and Helen Cutter plot, as well as setting up a new storyline with Matt (that was never pursued).

BTW, the actress playing Abby is married in real life to the actor playing Cutter.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
They came back actually and there is a whole other season it sounds like you may have missed. It ends with the resolution of the plots around the New Dawn anomaly and also the Phillip and Helen Cutter plot, as well as setting up a new storyline with Matt (that was never pursued).

BTW, the actress playing Abby is married in real life to the actor playing Cutter.

A season 6? I have seen 5 seasons. The cliffhanger/ending of season 5 was Abby and Conner trapped in the past together with no way to get back. Cutter was killed off in season 3.

Joelist

What ship is this?
Staff member
Sorry, meant Connor not Cutter. Connor and Abby are married in real life.

B

Backstep

I just caught up on the last 4 episodes of Primeval New World, so far it's pretty good. It mirrors the first season of the BBC Primeval.

Gate_Boarder

Well Known GateFan
I just caught up on the last 4 episodes of Primeval New World, so far it's pretty good. It mirrors the first season of the BBC Primeval.

After the first two or three shows I was definitely worried about this show's longevity due to the bland scripts and the shown disjointed philosophy. Something changed during the filming of the last two shows where a higher quality production has magically appeared.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member

OMG, I did not know this was being aired already! You have to understand, I am "off the grid" as far as the RIGHT NOW of cable shows. I may add some channels, because I only have cable internet at the moment. But maybe not, because I am downloading all 8 episodes available to date as I write this.
--- merged: Jan 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM ---
After the first two or three shows I was definitely worried about this show's longevity due to the bland scripts and the shown disjointed philosophy. Something changed during the filming of the last two shows where a higher quality production has magically appeared.
Im glad you warned me of this, because I would not want to sit through 8 episodes of arduous, boring tripe like we did with Stargate Universe. I trust Amanda Tapping on this! Then again, the cancellation of Sanctuary does not seem to be making me very resentful like the way I felt when SGU killed the entire Stargate franchise.

But Primeval, I have seen all the episodes of every season in the first series and loved it all the way through from beginning to end. And there were some MAJOR MAJOR changes throughout. The death of the Primeval version of Dr Rush, who was Cutter. I thought the show would be doomed, but they picked it up VERY nicely. One of the characters Claudia was even killed, and she was brought back because the entire show shifted to a new timeline! Brilliant. The ending of Season 5 was a cliffhanger, but it was also a fitting ending, and even suggested that Abby and Connor could have been the mother and father of mankind (in a very vague way). But it was not all deep and fake. Alexander Siddig as Phillip worked for a while, but the real show was about Abby and Connor. Obviously I loved this show. :)

So, I have gotten alerts while writing this comment that at least 3 episodes have completed downloading, so I want to watch the first episode and see how they set this show up. :joy:

Tripler

Well Known GateFan
The Canadian spinoff features a new temporal anomaly opening up. And this is what comes through:

OMG ,,, been years since Ive seen that lol !!! I had forgotten how silly they were and how they nailed a few people I know and have met ,,, total hosers eh !!! . My home town in Quebec talk just like that and yes they have beer for breakfast sometimes ( just a very small group that I know of ) . Not much else going on for them . In the summer one of my brothers works the Golf Course and in the winter I have no idea what he is up too . My other brother who also lives in Quebec does not talk like that lol or do I ,,,well sometimes eh maybe when were home for the weekend :) :) :) . My beer consumption is very very small nowadays . My other brother is an IT guy for the English Quebec School Board . Anyway eh , it brought back some nice memory's like ok ,,, where was I ,,, where is that dam letter I,m lookin for on this key board ,,,what the hell ,,, can't find it ,,, anyway ,,, gooday eh <<<