Predictions of SGPoo dropping below 1 million viewers!

geijin

GateFans Noob
Given that, as I understand it, Cooper headed the first half of season 2, I don't think its going to matter what Mallozi does. I actually HOPE is makes is past season 2 and that someone with some brains takes over and rights the ship, so to speak. I would really like to see a good StarGate show back on TV, given that half the time, the best thing on is a P90X infomercial. I just don't see it happening. Unless they can pair it with a blockbuster show, they just aren't going to pull the numbers on a Tuesday night. Devils advocate, if they make it past the first couple weeks facing off with NCIS, then they have V to deal with not long after. Right there you have two shows people will watch, one they will DVR, and one will be watched live, that leaves SGPoo stuck. Should it somehow make it past that stage, then you have American Idol if/when it comes back. That's, to me, is a holy trinity of trouble for a show that is already watching its numbers drop badly.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
WELCOME!

Given that, as I understand it, Cooper headed the first half of season 2, I don't think its going to matter what Mallozi does. I actually HOPE is makes is past season 2 and that someone with some brains takes over and rights the ship, so to speak. I would really like to see a good StarGate show back on TV, given that half the time, the best thing on is a P90X infomercial. I just don't see it happening. Unless they can pair it with a blockbuster show, they just aren't going to pull the numbers on a Tuesday night. Devils advocate, if they make it past the first couple weeks facing off with NCIS, then they have V to deal with not long after. Right there you have two shows people will watch, one they will DVR, and one will be watched live, that leaves SGPoo stuck. Should it somehow make it past that stage, then you have American Idol if/when it comes back. That's, to me, is a holy trinity of trouble for a show that is already watching its numbers drop badly.

First of all, WELCOME to SGU°S!

:welcomewagon:

I had that optimism for a turn around for the show until I started reading the production notes and episode summaries here:

http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Stargate_Universe:_Season_Two

Going over those episodes, you can see its pretty much the same old crap. The communications stones are still overused, the Lucian Alliance arcs seems boring, and the SGA cameos wont happen until later in the season. Still looks too drama heavy.

Besides that, the same characters will be in the show no matter how much they change the style. We already got too much backstory on these characters, and to me they are unredeemable. But thats just me. I would love to hear your ideas on how they could change this show to make it better!

Thing is, the season is almost already completed in terms of writing. :sgusucks:

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
I don't think it'll drop to .5. Whether'd be it stays at above .5 or Syfy pulls the plug before it reaches that low.

geijin

GateFans Noob
I think it will be pulled before .5. My bet would be when it hits 750,000 viewers, it will be pulled. At that point, its not feasible to continue broadcasting during prime time, unless they have absolutely no content to fill that time slot.

MetalFoldingChair

GateFans Noob
I don't think it will drop as low as .5 (but hopefully I'll be proven wrong). Look at "Caprica" which is a really lousy show and it's still hanging above .5 (someone correct me if I'm wrong here please). I think SyFy will run all the SGU eps simply because they've already been produced and paid for. And if they get the axe then they will heavily advertise the ending of this "great" show, which will probably bump the numbers for a bit at the end.

geijin

GateFans Noob
I don't think they will air the episodes in the Tuesday timeslot if they cancel it. My thought would be a weekend marathon of any unaired episodes, just to fulfill any obligations. Once its announced as canceled its done on Tuesdays though.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Funny to read this thread after Season Two started! Turns out many predicted quite accurately.

Funny to see that people predicted the sub million episodes right on the money. And now we are at Episode 7 The Greater Good, and we have seen TWO sub million episodes already. Also funny are the few comments from people who didnt think SGU would fall below a million in the first half of the season.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
OMG...you even won this!

Episode 4.

I predict the least watched episode of the season will be the one after McKay and Woolsey get trashed. If the series even makes it that far (hoping for a mid-season cancelation)

I love seeing threads like this one which made predictions early on which happened later. Mr Anderson predicted this one correctly. Pathogen (episode 4) was the first sub-million episode for SGU, so you won this prediction!

:joy:

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I love seeing threads like this one which made predictions early on which happened later. Mr Anderson predicted this one correctly. Pathogen (episode 4) was the first sub-million episode for SGU, so you won this prediction!

:joy:
Thanks! :icon_redface:

To be fair: both Aragon and Iratecaller also got this one right.

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
This is funny!

But if it drops below 1.0, I will be surprised.

Did you ever imagine it would do that TWICE within a half season? LOL! :)