Predictions of SGPoo dropping below 1 million viewers!

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The fall season will be here in a couple of months. I wanted to see when everyone thinks SGPoo will drop below 1 million viewers. I predict it will happen with the third episode. They will hype it heavily as the fall season begins. The numbers shouldn't be too bad for the premiere (1.6 Million) BUT by the time the third episode comes around and the viewers see it's still the same old shit.......BAM!!! down it goes.
smbiomechanics7.gif

So I predict Episode 3.

Next?

SexyDexy

GateFans Noob
The second time it goes up against V! Or Episode 7

I think that SGU will go below 1 million the second episode it airs at the same time as V (if that happens before episode 7). I think all by its lonesome with no competition, SGU would still sink below 1 million by episode 7. I really hope it happens earlier though!

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Good calls there Rac!

The fall season will be here in a couple of months. I wanted to see when everyone thinks SGPoo will drop below 1 million viewers. I predict it will happen with the third episode. They will hype it heavily as the fall season begins. The numbers shouldn't be too bad for the premiere (1.6 Million) BUT by the time the third episode comes around and the viewers see it's still the same old shit.......BAM!!! down it goes.
smbiomechanics7.gif

So I predict Episode 3.

Next?

I agree, but I think the real kick in the groin to SGpoo will be when V premieres. If the November date is correct, that will make it the 3rd or 4th episode of SGU. If they are coming on at the same time...LMAO!

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
I'll take...

Episode 4.

I predict the least watched episode of the season will be the one after McKay and Woolsey get trashed. If the series even makes it that far (hoping for a mid-season cancelation)

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
I agree, but I think the real kick in the groin to SGpoo will be when V premieres. If the November date is correct, that will make it the 3rd or 4th episode of SGU. If they are coming on at the same time...LMAO!

That is why I picked the thrid one...i am betting it will coincide with the re-emergence of V. :D

Episode 4.

I predict the least watched episode of the season will be the one after McKay and Woolsey get trashed. If the series even makes it that far (hoping for a mid-season cancelation)

Same here, maybe we won't even see the mckay/woolsey ep.... it's episode 15, Seizure.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
Since 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 is taken....I'll say 9th! The season premiere will give it a boost

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Since 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 is taken....I'll say 9th! The season premiere will give it a boost
After reading what episode 4 is about, BLEH! BELOW ONE MILLION EPISODE 4 or 5! DIE SGU! DIE!!! *Stabby stab!*

*Disclaimer* the above is meant as a fictional parody of a human being evicerating an intangible such as a television show. In no way is the above meant to signify any murderous rage or adrenaline fueled psychosis of the poster.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Gratuitous dig at Aragon!

After reading what episode 4 is about, BLEH! BELOW ONE MILLION EPISODE 4 or 5! DIE SGU! DIE!!! *Stabby stab!*

*Disclaimer* the above is meant as a fictional parody of a human being evicerating an intangible such as a television show. In no way is the above meant to signify any murderous rage or adrenaline fueled psychosis of the poster.
I think the poster definitely has psychiatric issues but is not an immediate threat to anyone. :P

I don't think the season premiere will receive much of a boost...it will be competing against shows that get high ratings...the NCIS shows, DWTS, etc...

edit- i am currently chasing down the rumor that there will be three weeks between ep 1 of season 2 and ep 2....anyone heard anything about this show-killing idea?

Yllek

GateFans Noob
edit- i am currently chasing down the rumor that there will be three weeks between ep 1 of season 2 and ep 2....anyone heard anything about this show-killing idea?

I swear to god, C-4 in a drum of burning oil causes less destruction than SyFy's Marketing department.

You're kidding, right? Three weeks between ep 1 and 2?? It's not mentioned on wiki or tv.com (the latter already awarding episode 1 of S2 a 8.6 based on 25 votes. It hasn't even aired yet!)

Mr. A

Super Moderator +
You're kidding, right? Three weeks between ep 1 and 2?? It's not mentioned on wiki or tv.com (the latter already awarding episode 1 of S2 a 8.6 based on 25 votes. It hasn't even aired yet!)
The real question is how come the large cast and crew could only get 25 of their family members and friends to vote for the show! :icon_lol:

I've never visited that site - how can I cast my vote?? :icon_twisted:

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
That's a tough one.

I'm not a bettin' man, but if I was, I would say Episode 3 will tickle the 1 million mark, but Episode 4 will sink below the 1M.

To make things a little more interesting however, I beleive that the ratings will nosedive following the first 100% drama episode they air. (Makes sense right?)

Same like what happened after that stupid episode: "Life".

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I'm not a bettin' man, but if I was, I would say Episode 3 will tickle the 1 million mark, but Episode 4 will sink below the 1M.

To make things a little more interesting however, I beleive that the ratings will nosedive following the first 100% drama episode they air. (Makes sense right?)

Same like what happened after that stupid episode: "Life".
Nose dive... or face plant? :p

geijin

GateFans Noob
Wow, I like this question. I don't even think it will break 1mill on ep1. Barring some MAJOR damage control before the first episode, they are going to get completely and thoroughly raped by NCIS/NCIS:LA, both of which premiere a week beforehand. Your basically putting it up against two shows with a similar audience draw, both of which are top ten finishers in the ratings. I know the move was to put wrestling on Fridays, but come on, you don't but a struggling show up against those kinds of numbers and expect it to succeed. They could save themselves the trouble by releasing a webisode showing the cast collectively eating the barrel of a gun, and avoid the embarrassment. That's not even looking at all the other 90210-type drama crap that draw more viewers than (and I love whomever came up with this) SGPoo.

Speaking for myself, I made it through the first have of season 1, and couldn't stomach it after that. I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of people out there that won't give season 2 a shot, just out of spite. And really, the Lucien Alliance? Please! That's supposed to make me want to watch? They are about as scary a marching band and less resourceful than a group of cub scouts camping in the back yard. Of all the "bad guys" they could have pulled out of all the seasons, that was the best they came up with? You want people to watch, bring in a group of bad guys we actually find interesting.

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
... And really, the Lucien Alliance? Please! That's supposed to make me want to watch? They are about as scary a marching band and less resourceful than a group of cub scouts camping in the back yard. Of all the "bad guys" they could have pulled out of all the seasons, that was the best they came up with? You want people to watch, bring in a group of bad guys we actually find interesting.

HAHAHAHA, I know. Of all the factions in Stargate, the Lucien Alliance has gotten to be the most boring and cheapest of all. Humanoid badies, without any special armour, weapons, fx, makeup, nothing. That's about as dumb and cheap as human cylons ... PUHLLLLLEASE!!! (Sorry BSG fans)

I thought SG-PU was more expensive?

The 1970's version of Dr. Who had better baddies than the Lucien Alliance.

:laughing:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
HAHAHAHA, I know. Of all the factions in Stargate, the Lucien Alliance has gotten to be the most boring and cheapest of all. Humanoid badies, without any special armour, weapons, fx, makeup, nothing. That's about as dumb and cheap as human cylons ... PUHLLLLLEASE!!! (Sorry BSG fans)

I thought SG-PU was more expensive?

The 1970's version of Dr. Who had better baddies than the Lucien Alliance.

:laughing:
To be fair, the Human Cylons had the issue of only being 7 models :p those scenes must have been difficult to shoot when there's like 20 all at once.

Yes i'm a BSG fanboy, but i'll gladly admit it had issues :P The cylons were one since they were like... WTF is up with them?

But BSG = exponentially better than SGU :D I think SGU is more expensive because they're buying awards. Like that best editing for the one with the car LOL

iratecaller

GateFans Noob
To be fair, the Human Cylons had the issue of only being 7 models :p those scenes must have been difficult to shoot when there's like 20 all at once.

Yes i'm a BSG fanboy, but i'll gladly admit it had issues :P The cylons were one since they were like... WTF is up with them?

But BSG = exponentially better than SGU :D I think SGU is more expensive because they're buying awards. Like that best editing for the one with the car LOL

I'll admit, that I only tuned into BSG for a few episodes, and while I respect that you enjoy it, it didn't do much for me. I didn't even know that there where a limitted number of 'humanoid cylon' models.

Yeah scenes with many of the same model must have been pretty cool!

All this means of course, is that SGU continues to sink lower and lower when compared to just about any true Sci-Fi show, even earlier ones. SGU doesn't even fare well against the drama oriented sci-fi shows either. (BSG is considered drama'ish right?)

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
I'll admit, that I only tuned into BSG for a few episodes, and while I respect that you enjoy it, it didn't do much for me. I didn't even know that there where a limitted number of 'humanoid cylon' models.

Yeah scenes with many of the same model must have been pretty cool!

All this means of course, is that SGU continues to sink lower and lower when compared to just about any true Sci-Fi show, even earlier ones. SGU doesn't even fare well against the drama oriented sci-fi shows either. (BSG is considered drama'ish right?)
BSG and SGU are both Space Operas, which is a sub-genre of Sci-fi. But to call it "science fiction" is a bit of a misnomer in my opinion because the 'science' isn't really in focus in either.

BSG was a character based space opera with a very depressing feel to it, but just the barest glimmer of hope for what was left of a pathetic race struggling to overcome its stupidity, while the Cylons were a "ghost in the machine" story where the machine learns to imitate it's creators, and even acts very much like them as flawed characters. Cavil was the perfect example of a cold calculating bastard.

There were problems, i will not deny that, but in an overall sense, for a space opera BSG was very fun and when the Colonials and Cylons faced off, you FELT the struggle the Colonials had! :D

Like, you know how in SG1 it's an underdog fight and they've got to use creative tactics to win? They depended too much on superweapons and plot shields, but HOLY FUCK, BSG hardly had any! A few Deus Ex Machinae, although it did turn out to be "God" that helped the Colonials along :P The ending was bleh, but the overall series was very very well written :D

For drama with a sci-fi twist, BSG and Lost are really the top selling and best written series out there. It's not to everyone's tastes, oh no, but it rightfully won awards and critical acclaim because it was a representation of all the dreck humanity is, and just how hard (and possible) it is to rise above it.

The most epic underdog moment of the entire series IMO. The majority of the Colonials are being held captive and under occupation by the Cylons on New Caprica. It takes 3-4 episodes for the groups to plan out how they're going to escape, and you never really hear what the plan is. One ancient old BattleStar isn't going to stand much a chance against 4 basestars in orbit.

So Adama jumps the Galactica INTO THE ATMOSPHERE! Galactica is literally FALLING FROM THE SKY WITH REENTRY FLAMES AND LAUNCHING FIGHTERS!

The fighters cover the insurgents and men on the ground, and Galactica jumps back out to Orbit before it crashes. it stands toe to toe with the four basestars long enough for the majority of the Civilians to escape, but it's looking hopeless for Galactica itself.

Then BattleStar Pegasus comes riding in all guns firing, and at this point i'm screaming at the TV and pumping my fist in the air.

The point? Every time the Colonials and Cylons faced off, it was a bloody fight to the bitter death and the Colonials had to pull every last freaking trick out of the book, including writing some new ones!

[/bsgfanboy]

Deity59

GateFans Noob
1 million viewers and a rating of 1.0 are not the same thing. If memory serves 1.0 is between 1.2 and 1.3 million viewers. My prediction is a 10% spike from end of last season, quickly dropping of to under 1 mil in episode 5. unless, of course, it is actually good. I hope Mallozi will be holding his breath!