Please get rid of the Character Eli Wallace!

Odyssey

GateFans Noob
I have no idea how people can see Eli as a symbol of comedy on SGU. Jack O'neill was funny, Cam Mitchell was funny, John Sheppard was funny, but Eli is just plain boring. Hes like the fat kid in class who trys to be popular by cracking inappropriet and unfunny jokes at the worse times possible. Not to mention his idiotic attempts to relate situations to star trek.

Another thought is that in a stranded ship that has limited food and supply, along with insane stresses of facing the unknown terrors of space, how is he able to keep in his fat and overweight shape? The writters should use this plot hole to get him into shape.

Lastly, I couldn't help but notice that on incursion 2, eli was last seen running to open a hatch of some sort to let scott and greer back into the ship. And I couldn't help myself but imagine what a big step towards becoming a better series SGU would be if Eli was jettisoned out into space while trying to save the other two people and then replaced by an alien or something with a superior intellect. But its just my imagination and synthesized prediction of episode 1 of season 2.

SG-Rocks

GateFans Noob
Will someone explain to the new guy about the Arcturian donut plants?

Welcome Stranger.

OCgatergal

GateFans Noob
nice SN.
I use to like Eli, and I know a lot of old fans like him the most, but he has gotten quite irritating with all his,
"Whats going on?!"
"Will someone tell me whats happening?!"
"Whats that?!?"
"How can I do that?!?"
"Big Aliens out there!"
"Real live space battle going on right now!"
:<<

A

AdamTM

OCgatergal said:
nice SN.
I use to like Eli, and I know a lot of old fans like him the most, but he has gotten quite irritating with all his,
"Whats going on?!"
"Whats that?!?"
"How can I do that?!?"
"Big Aliens out there!"

No No No.

It goes like this:

"Whats going on?!"

(Star Wars reference)

(Star Wars reference)

"Whats that?!?"

(Star Wars reference)

"How can I do that?!?"

(Star Wars reference)

"Big Aliens out there!"

(Star Wars reference)

(Star Wars reference)

Basically the whole show is based on pop-culture references and "nerd humor" to make it more "relevant" to the younger audience.

Except that Jmozz and his crew have no fucking idea that product placement and dropping one liners from last years internet-cycle is actually cringe worthy.

this is how the script writing looks:

Eli: "The Aliens are shooting at us"
Young: "Fire all weapons!"
Eli: *presses a button* "IM THE MOTHERFUCKING JUGGERNAUT BITCH! LEEROY JENKINS VUVUZELA BZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzz!!!"

Jmozz: "Im a fucking genius!"

Demerzel

GateFans Noob
There are a lot of characters in the Stargate franchise that are funnier than Eli. Even Ronon is funnier than Eli. I laughed out loud when Ronon made his "mission report" after Michael attacked Atlantis. And Teal'c has had some of the funniest lines in the whole franchise (his Jaffa joke). A character does not have to be the designated "comic relief" to be funny. A lot of it is circumstance and many Stargate characters have had hilarious moments based off of that.

Lilith

GateFans Noob
I agree, humor is part of human nature. The majority of the cast at one time or another were funny. I find even the drama lacking. I guess now the writers know that when you write about unlikeable characters ......no one will like the characters and you are out of a job. :cry:

Overmind One

GateFans Gatemaster
Staff member
Eli and Chloe? Just LOL.

They are sooo not compatible. She should get him to wash all her clothes, bring her extra food, and massage her feet. But NO nookie, buddy!

chloe_eli.jpg

park8

GateFans Noob
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't stand Eli. David Blue is a terrible actor, and Eli's lines are horrible. I cringe every time he opens his mouth.

He is definitely not funny!

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

nice SN.
"Whats going on?!"
"Whats that?!?"
"How can I do that?!?"
"Big Aliens out there!"

You forgot one.

"We're oh for three on close encounters of the third kind!"

stclare

Moderator & Mckay Super Fan
But but the geek always gets the hot girl, don't we all know that. Hot guys just get rejected and the whiny geeks (McKay) get the hottie, sooo realistic.

I always love Jason Mamoa's reply to the McKeller thing when someone asked him at a con what he thought about Keller choosing McKay over Ronon, and he said "would never happen in real life". !!

Well the writers are all geeks and I think hot men like JF made them uncomforable and threatened their manliness, so their answer was - NO hot men in SGU. So since they pretty much lived through McKay they thought they'd go for another younger gritter darker fatter version - and some craggly older men who could be mistaken for bag men.

Of course Mckay also had layers! mainly due to how good an actor DH is and i find him hot (Shut up Raco before you start). David Blue does not have that presence. I can watch JF and DH convey emotion with just a look, subtle when needed and not over the top. DB on the otherhand, i just dont get. i see the same happy/sad face and noting inbetween.

R

Robbie_Rocket_Pants

This guy is like a walking meat sack, he just doesn't lose weight. If this show truly were dark, gritty, edgy & realistic like TPTB claim then the crew would go all Lord Of The Flies & eat "Piggy". Now that WOULD be quality entertainment.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Of course Mckay also had layers! mainly due to how good an actor DH is and i find him hot (Shut up Raco before you start). David Blue does not have that presence. I can watch JF and DH convey emotion with just a look, subtle when needed and not over the top. DB on the otherhand, i just dont get. i see the same happy/sad face and noting inbetween.

Yep mckay had layers already...sexist and jerk being merely two of them...:P he was also vain, arrogant, selfish, jealous of his sister's brains, and a skirt chaser! I really REALLY disliked the character...he gives geeks and nerds a bad name! :P (deal with it stc!:D)

This guy is like a walking meat sack, he just doesn't lose weight. If this show truly were dark, gritty, edgy & realistic like TPTB claim then the crew would go all Lord Of The Flies & eat "Piggy". Now that WOULD be quality entertainment.
can't you hear the fat crackling in the fire as he is roasted?
laughcrying.gif

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Yep mckay had layers already...sexist and jerk being merely two of them...:P he was also vain, arrogant, selfish, jealous of his sister's brains, and a skirt chaser! I really REALLY disliked the character...he gives geeks and nerds a bad name! :P (deal with it stc!:D)
McKay definitely had his faults, and he also got the biggest storyline of SGA. His 'tranformation' into "Hero!McKay" was decently done, but needed more influence from Teyla and Ronon IMO.

Not sure about skirt chaser though, more like an inexperienced guy who just doesn't know how to talk to women properly. Definitely a very flawed man who builds over the seasons.

McKeller is just... eugh. Jason said it. Never happen in real life.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
McKay definitely had his faults, and he also got the biggest storyline of SGA. His 'tranformation' into "Hero!McKay" was decently done, but needed more influence from Teyla and Ronon IMO.

Not sure about skirt chaser though, more like an inexperienced guy who just doesn't know how to talk to women properly. Definitely a very flawed man who builds over the seasons.

McKeller is just... eugh. Jason said it. Never happen in real life.

Anytime there was a woman involved he wanted to know if they were "hot", he called "dibs" on them, etc... didn't say he was a sucessful skirt chaser-- he was just trying to get laid anytime anywhere. :rolleyes: very much a neanderthal towards women- if they couldn't "service" him, he had no use for them! :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
If a woman can't "service" a man he should put her to work in the kitchen and get a mistress :eek: (runs away before Rac beats him with a frying pan)

Piggie darlin' don't you know that fryingpans are passe? there are better ways of keeping a man in line....
emevilgrin49.gif

Yllek

GateFans Noob
Anytime there was a woman involved he wanted to know if they were "hot", he called "dibs" on them, etc... didn't say he was a sucessful skirt chaser-- he was just trying to get laid anytime anywhere. :rolleyes: very much a neanderthal towards women- if they couldn't "service" him, he had no use for them!

Oh c'mon. That's all based on 48 Hours, which was YEARS before SGA and when the writers had no idea that Dr McKay would be a recurring character.

He really tried hard with Katie and Keller and ok, so what if he cries for John when he's nine days into losing his mind. Can't a guy forget the woman of his dreams with a parasite in his brain??? :P

(I love McKay).

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
Anytime there was a woman involved he wanted to know if they were "hot", he called "dibs" on them, etc... didn't say he was a sucessful skirt chaser-- he was just trying to get laid anytime anywhere. :rolleyes: very much a neanderthal towards women- if they couldn't "service" him, he had no use for them! :P
The only difference between Neanderthal and Today's man is that today's men are pussified and learn from our fathers that woman are like ming vased, beautiful to look at, but if you touch it you DIE.

McKay feels to me like a very very inexperienced man when it comes to romance, he may have even been a virgin when he finally got Katie in SGA. That inexperience is completely contrary to what he thinks of himself, and as such, he tries to approach the idea of romance in a purely logical way by attempting to be something he's not.

He forces an attempt at raw sexual energy and falls flat like a barechested supermodel because he doesn't do it with true confidence.

I liked Rodney with Katie because Katie WAS a weak character. I would have loved to see her blow up in his face later on instead of the stupid McKay fucking up the proposal bit :P McKeller was just a love affair the writers had on Jewel Staite and the character of Rodney. Bah, imbecilic!

They're almost assured to do the same with Eli. Fat Geeks do not get laid frequently.

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
Oh c'mon. That's all based on 48 Hours, which was YEARS before SGA and when the writers had no idea that Dr McKay would be a recurring character.

He really tried hard with Katie and Keller and ok, so what if he cries for John when he's nine days into losing his mind. Can't a guy forget the woman of his dreams with a parasite in his brain??? :P

(I love McKay).

we know you love mckay! (don't understand it...i reccomend ECT...it very helpful for the delusional! ;) ) but it's not all based on 48 hours...try Sanctuary, Brotherhood, Duet, Aurora, Grace Under pressure (:rolleyes: horrible ep), Inferno, Mckay and MrsMiller...those are just the eps where we see what an asshole he is on the first two seasons. ;)

The only difference between Neanderthal and Today's man is that today's men are pussified and learn from our fathers that woman are like ming vased, beautiful to look at, but if you touch it you DIE.

McKay feels to me like a very very inexperienced man when it comes to romance, he may have even been a virgin when he finally got Katie in SGA. That inexperience is completely contrary to what he thinks of himself, and as such, he tries to approach the idea of romance in a purely logical way by attempting to be something he's not.

He forces an attempt at raw sexual energy and falls flat like a barechested supermodel because he doesn't do it with true confidence.

I liked Rodney with Katie because Katie WAS a weak character. I would have loved to see her blow up in his face later on instead of the stupid McKay fucking up the proposal bit :P McKeller was just a love affair the writers had on Jewel Staite and the character of Rodney. Bah, imbecilic!

They're almost assured to do the same with Eli. Fat Geeks do not get laid frequently.

You're single aren't you? there is a difference between being a pussy and treating others with respect...:rolleyes: A good man understand a woman wants to be talked to and not just grabbed....although grabbing can be nice at times.....
muchohug.gif

I too preferred mckay with Katie...don't even begin on mckeller....:puke:

Aragon101

Illusive Deity of Fanfic
we know you love mckay! (don't understand it...i reccomend ECT...it very helpful for the delusional! ;) ) but it's not all based on 48 hours...try Sanctuary, Brotherhood, Duet, Aurora, Grace Under pressure (:rolleyes: horrible ep), Inferno, Mckay and MrsMiller...those are just the eps where we see what an asshole he is on the first two seasons. ;)

You're single aren't you? there is a difference between being a pussy and treating others with respect...:rolleyes: A good man understand a woman wants to be talked to and not just grabbed....although grabbing can be nice at times.....
muchohug.gif

I too preferred mckay with Katie...don't even begin on mckeller....:puke:
There's alot i could get into about male/female dynamics. I'm not condoning McKay at all, if anything, Sheppard is more like what a man should 'aspire' to be. Respectful, friendly, and naturally confident.

I didn't like McKay until around Season 2 when his fuckups started to catch up with him.

As far as me being single, no. not single, but not committed which is something else entirely :P

Rac80

The Belle of the Ball
The problem is that McKay and Keller just don't work together. They lack chemistry. It has nothing to do with that he is a "geek" and she is a "hot girl" in my opinion. McKay may not be as attractive as some other characters in SGA, but he still looks quite good, and Keller isn't a stupid cheerleader with no brains. She is still very young and nevertheless is ruling the medicine part of Atlantis (which is by the way unrealistic), so she is probably somewhat of a "geek", too. They just lack chemistry and of course the relationship came out of the blue, which was VERY bad writing and TPTB should be ashamed of it!

And in real life someone as HUGELY intelligent like McKay, would probably be VERY rich. Just imagine how much money companies or governments would pay for his work! A lot of beautiful women would probably throw themselves at him because of his money!

121926.gif

Honestly I am asking myself more what McKay sees in Keller than the other way around! Why did he choose her? She doesn't appear to be very interesting and when it comes to looks, there are a lot of other good looking women on Atlantis.

Or live in a one room shack in the woods sending pipebombs...the unabomber. ;) I doubt mckay would make tons of money... he annoys too many people and is BIG into sexual harassment...the lawsuits alone would keep him broke. ;)

I agree with the complete lack of chemistry between Mckay and Keller...it always looked like he was a dirty old man robbing the cradle to me! trying to regain his lost youth...hairplugs would ahve worked better.

not single and not committed...interesting status...no comment! :D

piggie-- that's Mistress Rac to you! :P